• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Philippines Transfers and Who's Arriving/Departing When - IMPORTANT

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 SassyLilCutie

SassyLilCutie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Board Status:I NEED the Caymans...
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:40 PM

Yes, can you get me info on getting a hotel room? I would be willing to share a room if someone is interested. 

• pinkmedic16 likes this
Posted Image

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:50 AM

Yes, can you get me info on getting a hotel room? I would be willing to share a room if someone is interested. 

The pricing is not that high so even if you are single occupancy it will not be too onerous.  I am due to stay with friends but if that does not pan out...I will share with you!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 pinkmedic16

pinkmedic16

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:master diver
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:32 PM

anybody with similar dates/times? where are you staying in manila for the day before and after? we should stay together !!!!

Thu, Apr 21
CX.png
3:35 pm8:25 pm+1
Chicago (ORD) – Hong Kong (HKG)
Cathay Pacific 807 · Economy Class · Boeing 777
Above average legroom (32")
Often delayed by 30+ min
15h 50m

In-seat & USB power

On-demand video

No Wi-Fi
Layover in Hong Kong HKG
1h 40m

CX.png
10:05 pm+112:15 am+2
Hong Kong (HKG) – Manila (MNL)
Cathay Pacific 905 · Economy Class · Airbus A330
Often delayed by 30+ min
2h 10m

In-seat & USB power

On-demand video

No Wi-Fi

Return flight

Mon, May 2
CX.png
9:05 pm11:25 pm
Manila (MNL) – Hong Kong (HKG)
Cathay Pacific 934 · Economy Class · Boeing 777
Often delayed by 30+ min
2h 20m

In-seat & USB power

On-demand video

No Wi-Fi
Layover in Hong Kong HKG Overnight
12h 30m

CX.png
11:55 am+11:55 pm+1
Hong Kong (HKG) – Chicago (ORD)
Cathay Pacific 806 · Economy Class · Boeing 777
Overnight flight
15h 00m

In-seat & USB power

On-demand video

No Wi-Fi

:) ♥ Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that makes you smile.

#19 pinkmedic16

pinkmedic16

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:33 PM

I am going to be arriving early too...about 1215 am on saturday the 24th so I will have all day to kill before we transfer late at night..I was thinking of getting a hotel for the day cause they are so cheap so we can put gear in there and explore and or sleep/ shower etc..... I am also not flying out until the 2nd. ( or at least thats the plan. ) I may even look into staying at the resort for 1 more day so we have an additional day of diving if you are interested cause were losing the entire 24th and it looks like everyone needs to leave the resort SUPER early on the 1st :( I dont plan to fly out until about 9pm on the 2nd or maybe even a day or 2 later if someone else wants to stay a few more days with me..... ;)

:) ♥ Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that makes you smile.

#20 pinkmedic16

pinkmedic16

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:51 AM

Ok, here is my flight information, I just need hotel information. Kamala, can you book for me?

Sat, 23APR DEPART ARRIVE
DELTA 3743*
MAIN CABIN (V)
NEW ORLEANS, LA
7:36am
DETROIT
11:04am
DELTA 275
MAIN CABIN (V)
DETROIT
12:22pm
MANILA, PHILIPPINES 1
8:00pm
**Sun 24APR
Mon, 02MAY DEPART ARRIVE
DELTA 276
MAIN CABIN (T)
MANILA, PHILIPPINES
8:00am
DETROIT 2
2:00pm
DELTA 2077
MAIN CABIN (T)
DETROIT
3:25pm
NEW ORLEANS, LA
4:57pm

Are you interested in staying an extra night at the resort ?? and transferring together back early am on the 2nd instead of with the group early on the 1st because  I was also thinking about flying out( home ) on the 2nd at 0830 am and if we did this together we would have at least 2 if not more people to split the transfer back and get to stay (and even dive an extra) if we wanted to instead of just staying in manila on the 1st.... 

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 08:18 AM

Questions & Updates:

1. Hi Laura aka PinkMedic16! Deb aka Deb4iDiving is in the Holy Land right now touring! She will reply as she gets internet access.

2. Arriving after 1am is hard sharing a room unless BOTH of you are arriving late. Rooms are fairly inexpensive in MNL so I will get some set up and let you know now that I have flight details for people. You may want to a private room vs waking someone up.

3. I will post the hotel info asap...its the weekend in MNL so as soon as they confirm back I will advise.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#22 pinkmedic16

pinkmedic16

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:55 PM

Questions & Updates:

1. Hi Laura aka PinkMedic16! Deb aka Deb4iDiving is in the Holy Land right now touring! She will reply as she gets internet access.

2. Arriving after 1am is hard sharing a room unless BOTH of you are arriving late. Rooms are fairly inexpensive in MNL so I will get some set up and let you know now that I have flight details for people. You may want to a private room vs waking someone up.

3. I will post the hotel info asap...its the weekend in MNL so as soon as they confirm back I will advise.

Sounds good !! I was just wondering...if the flights get into manila at 20:00 ( 8 pm) what time do we think realistically the transport will leave ( prob 21:00 ?) ...Ill prob be in manila a day or 2 early but I am happy to transfer late if thats what the goup is doing, I am just trying to plan before I chose my flights....Getting early is the easy part....I am just wondering about the transfer back to manila on the end part.....if some peoples flights are leaving around 08:00 in the am does this mean we are leaving the resort about 02:00 in the morning?? Is anybody interested in staying an extra day since it seems like a few of us are not flying out until the 2nd anyways?? that way we can transfer in the evening on the 1st, spend a nice relaxing overnight in manila and get on the planes showered/refreshed and not in a rush??? id love to do this if a few of us will and we can split the 160$ return transfer fee.....  I am even interested in stay 2 more days and flying home the 3rd if anybody wants to dive an extra day!! I talked to the resort and they have availability for extra nights..... 

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 07:39 AM

Laura...you are correct...if a flight lands at 8pm the earliest we will depart would be 9pm which means arriving at the hotel around 12am.

it is a 3 hr commute from resort to MNL or from . MNL to the resort. So when we leave at 9pm or so on the 24th we will will not get there until after 12am.

CONVERSELY.....

The first departure time on May 1st is 12:20. If you allow 3 hrs commute and 2 hrs at airport for int'l flight then we leave the resort at 7am. That gives us time for breakfast and is not too early. (Says the girl that does not leave until 10:25pm on the 1st. :(  )

We do not have tons of people on the trip so I would plan to leave with the group so far at 7am. That being said there are TONS of great things to do in Manila including historical stuff, SHOPPING and many other cool things. So time there is not wasted.

formerly...

#24 pinkmedic16

pinkmedic16

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:46 PM

Laura...you are correct...if a flight lands at 8pm the earliest we will depart would be 9pm which means arriving at the hotel around 12am.

it is a 3 hr commute from resort to MNL or from . MNL to the resort. So when we leave at 9pm or so on the 24th we will will not get there until after 12am.

CONVERSELY.....

The first departure time on May 1st is 12:20. If you allow 3 hrs commute and 2 hrs at airport for int'l flight then we leave the resort at 7am. That gives us time for breakfast and is not too early. (Says the girl that does not leave until 10:25pm on the 1st. :(  )

We do not have tons of people on the trip so I would plan to leave with the group so far at 7am. That being said there are TONS of great things to do in Manila including historical stuff, SHOPPING and many other cool things. So time there is not wasted.

Ok sounds good...I initially thought I saw people were flying out at 0800 am on the 1st meaning we would have had to leave about 2-3 am for the transfer....7 am transfer  is wayyyy better/ do-able ;)..I don't do AM's either I am a night shift RN...... I was thinking I was going to arrive on the 23rd ( just after midnight of the 22nd,) and stay an see manila for the 1-2 days, and then maybe do the same on the flip side and fly out the 2nd, but I was a bit apprehensive because my fellow nurses ( who are from the Philippines ) said manila can be seedy/dangerous, even they don't walk around alone esp as an American....so I was 50/50..... but I think I may go for it anyways.... I was looking at the H20 hotel ( with all the fish tanks in the bedrooms)..its got a free airport shuttle and was inexpensive....anybody else interested in that hotel??? or did you all pick one yet for manila?? :) thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25 SassyLilCutie

SassyLilCutie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Board Status:I NEED the Caymans...
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:50 AM

Kamala already has a hotel scouted out. Of course everyone has their own choice of where to stay if needing a room in Manila, but personally I prefer staying where there is safety in numbers. So, I'll just be staying wherever she is. 

I'm going to do some research and find some places to enjoy while in Manila since I'll be there a full day it looks like. Hoping some other people will be arriving and be able to leave sooner for the resort, but we shall see.

Kamala, can you post the hotel information so that everyone has it? 

• dive_sail_etc likes this
Posted Image

#26 pinkmedic16

pinkmedic16

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:12 PM

Kamala already has a hotel scouted out. Of course everyone has their own choice of where to stay if needing a room in Manila, but personally I prefer staying where there is safety in numbers. So, I'll just be staying wherever she is. 

I'm going to do some research and find some places to enjoy while in Manila since I'll be there a full day it looks like. Hoping some other people will be arriving and be able to leave sooner for the resort, but we shall see.

Kamala, can you post the hotel information so that everyone has it? 

I would like to stay where you all do too! I agree..pack mentality!! If she doesnt have one picked check out hotel H20!! its like a mile from the airport, free airport shuttle, and fish tanks in the rooms!! It looks like I will prob be there just after midnight on friday night/ ( technically) saturday am ...so i will have 2 full days to kill,...

#27 pinkmedic16

pinkmedic16

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:15 PM

where do you all get travel insurance??????? What should it cost?? I already have DAN dive coverage at the highest level so I dont need double dive accident coverage, but since SD recommends travel insurance maybe I should get it...but Im gettting expensive quotes for decent coverage....i looked at the recommended dive assure company but you can only get either just dive or dive and travel combined( which is expensive)... i just need a travel one that covers last minute illness, death in the family, plane delays, natual disaster etc..... who do you all use and what should I expect to pay?? THANKS!!!!!!!!!! <3

#28 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:50 PM

where do you all get travel insurance??????? What should it cost?? I already have DAN dive coverage at the highest level so I dont need double dive accident coverage, but since SD recommends travel insurance maybe I should get it...but Im gettting expensive quotes for decent coverage....i looked at the recommended dive assure company but you can only get either just dive or dive and travel combined( which is expensive)... i just need a travel one that covers last minute illness, death in the family, plane delays, natual disaster etc..... who do you all use and what should I expect to pay?? THANKS!!!!!!!!!! <3

Laura we recommend DiveAssure if you take only a couple of big ticket dive trips a year. www.diveassure.com is the URL. Trip Insurance does offer a minimal accident / medical rider, but it is mostly to protect you from lost dive days and other associated losses that DAN does not cover. The last two trips I insured with DiveAssure (Belize (Liveaboard) and Cozumel (shore based) each cost less than $200. They ensure based on specific locations and timeframes, in your case you would provide info for an immediate online quote for the Philippines, I recommend dates Apr 23  - May 04 (this covers your flight dates from the time you board the first flight until you return home even if there are delays up to a couple days returning). Their liveaboard coverage is an optional rider, so do NOT check that box. You determine your level of medical coverage based on ranges offered; een though you have the max DAN offers, selecting the DiveAssure minimum range will not greatly increase their quote. For the Trip Cost you want to cover, use our full cost without the cash discount, even if you used the cash discount option when purchasing. When you click "Get Quote" and a price is returned to you, there is an option to immediately accept the quote and proceed to checkout. Be sure to find and select SingleDivers.com BEFORE you complete checkout where they ask if you are diving with a DiveAssure Partner for extra perks! After checkout you get an email with your DiveAssure policy number. Be sure to copy the info from the "Emergency Claim" tab, you will need that to complete our Online Insurance Document.

And yes, while Dive Insurance is mandatory and trip insurance not, the reason it is strongly recommended is due to our members' experience. Everyone I know who travels halfway around the world ha been glad they took out the trip insurance. - Best of Florida trip, not so urgent a need. :-)

If you still have questions, you may email trips@singledivers.com where you can even request a phone call to discuss if you wish.

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#29 John57

John57

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:384

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:48 PM

You might also check your credit card. Many include trip insurance as a perk. But do see if there is a max coverage unless you top up- I lost about $350 on a trip because they only covered $1100 automatically. A top up would have cost about $40. Ah, fine print. AAA / CAAalso does trip insurance at a good price and I have had no problems with past claims against a policy.
And on the eighth day, God said "OK, Murphy, you take over."

#30 deb4diving

deb4diving

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / speciality certs
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:26 AM

Hi Laura aka pinkmedic, I am just getting back from another trip and catching up with everything.  Since we have the same flight, but would be like to leave with the group and do a little touring of Manila.  What do you think.

Kamala, did you get any information on the hotel. I would like for you to arrange a room for me. thanks :wavey:

• pinkmedic16 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users