• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

CUBA Food and Beverage Questions & Replies

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 June 2016 - 08:35 AM

I got the following questions about the Cuba trip so will reply here vs the TRIP PM. - This is a good test to see if you got the trip pm as these were posted in it.

I got the trip PM and the link to the thread.So far so good.- GREAT. We hope everyone has gotten it now.

Will there be cold beer on the boat, hopefully not a Budweiser product, they  give me a headache? - I will find out and advise

May we bring our own rum, will we have Coke and not Pepsi to mix? Certain creature comforts are a necessity at times.
- Yes to bringing your own rum and I believe they have rum on the boat but i will verify. Do you prefer coke vs pepsi? I will request your preference.

A trip to the local Key West grocery, after talking to the ships chef, prior to boarding, may not be a bad option. - It will be easier to do this via email in advance. So ask away and I will get the replies and answers for you.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:09 AM

If we can request a preference, then I will request a case of Diet Mountain Dew. (a Pepsi product).

Never hurts to ask as all they can do is say no.  :-)

Edited by Resqdew, 15 June 2016 - 09:09 AM.

#3 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:14 AM

Hate to be a spoilsport but this is what I got from the SPREE website and is posted in the ACCOMMODATIONS tab on our booking system. So, I would say we can't bring our own any kind of food....

"Both the Cuban government and the American government are paranoid about transferring diseases between countries.  Cuba has no citrus blight, and no bird flu. They are extremely cautious about what food comes in.  Please do not bring snacks, special meals unless prescribed by a doctor (with prior approval only) or any other food on the Spree.  We have to have country of origin certification for all food onboard for both Cuba and the US.  Please no food onboard in either country. I promise, we will feed you and have plenty of snacks."

Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:39 AM

Thanks Traci... I was able to get a very quick reply from the boat as follows in red below.  It reiterates the boat policies you posted but it does allow a little wiggle room. Please see bellow.

Will there be cold beer on the boat, hopefully not a Budweiser product, they  give me a headache? - I will find out and advise

SPREE: Bud, Bud Light, Miller Lite, and a “premium brand”, usually Sam Adams, or Shiner Bock, or Dos Equis, or Blue Moon, whatever we can find in Key West in cans.

May we bring our own rum, will we have Coke and not Pepsi to mix? Certain creature comforts are a necessity at times.
- Yes to bringing your own rum and I believe they have rum on the boat but i will verify. Do you prefer coke vs pepsi? I will request your preference.

SPREE: We have Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Lemonade, Ginger Ale, and Root Beer in a bar type soda gun.  

A trip to the local Key West grocery, after talking to the ships chef, prior to boarding, may not be a bad option. - It will be easier to do this via email in advance. So ask away and I will get the replies and answers for you.

SPREE: Customers may not.  Absolutely not.  In any way, shape, or form bring any food on the boat.  We make that clear in all of our documents that food is a huge issue not only in Cuba, but upon return also.  Once boarding has begun, the next stop is Havana anyway.  If a customer would like something special, by all means request it.  If they have a special diet that disrupts the normal meal preparation process, they will need to “Eat Around”  We will service allergies and vegetarians.  Anything else, as far as we’re concerned, is a diet and they can go off their diet for a week.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#5 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:35 AM

The SPREE has the exact limitations on all of their trips, and these rules are clearly posted on their website. However, they use to allow us to bring our own soft drinks on the boat if it was something different that what they offered.

Yes, I would pay extra to have them bring Diet Mountain Dew on the trip. Some people are addicted to hot caffeine in coffee, some of us are addicted to cold caffeine in soft drinks. Or, I will bring my own.

Does the SPREE still provide individual insulated cups/mugs for us to use? This was actually a very wise idea which not only cut down on their need to continuously wash drinking glasses, it made each diver clean & keep track of their own mug. It was also a nice souvenir that could be reused.

Thank you

#6 Photographic Mercenary

Photographic Mercenary

People are starting to get to know me

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Cert Level:USCG Captain AOW, Been diving actively since 1978 in the mid atlantic and all over the world
  • Logged Dives:well over 500, the dives get numbers and ratings now

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:56 AM

Well I guess my Hogs Head Cheese, with lettuce, tomato, and onion, on Pumpernickel  sandwiches will stay state side.

Norman J. McCullough

Photographic Mercenary,

Crisis Management,

Defender of Dumb Animals, & Damsels in Distress,

Licensed  Fool.

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:44 PM

Well I guess my Hogs Head Cheese, with lettuce, tomato, and onion, on Pumpernickel  sandwiches will stay state side.

YES they will have too! I think the boat gets pretty decent sandwich materials and you can always request it in your online SPREE application and waiver which we will be having people fill out soon. Can't guarantee but I guess you can always ask.

formerly...

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:02 PM

ADD'L CLARIFICATIONS FOR SUSAN AND OTHERS: (See below)

The SPREE has the exact limitations on all of their trips, and these rules are clearly posted on their website. However, they use to allow us to bring our own soft drinks on the boat if it was something different that what they offered.

Yes, I would pay extra to have them bring Diet Mountain Dew on the trip. Some people are addicted to hot caffeine in coffee, some of us are addicted to cold caffeine in soft drinks. Or, I will bring my own.

Does the SPREE still provide individual insulated cups/mugs for us to use? This was actually a very wise idea which not only cut down on their need to continuously wash drinking glasses, it made each diver clean & keep track of their own mug. It was also a nice souvenir that could be reused.

Thank you

SUMMARY:  If they go sightseeing they can not remove a drink or other food from the boat but they can bring canned beverages on board and store on the deck. Booze is to be surrendered.  No other food is allowed. Soda can be in plastic...NO GLASS ALLOWED other than booze which will be kept by the boat for your use until you depart if any is remaining.

1. Do you allow canned beverages i.e soda to be brought on the boat if surrendered to you? I think you used to do this.

Only booze need be surrendered.  The customer may retain their soda, just not downstairs.

2. Do they consider sodas and booze as food needing cert of origin? Or at least proof of purchase in the US?

No, they get canned soda, as long as it isn’t taken off the boat.

3. Do you prefer the client buy their own diet mt dew for example and surrender to you OR just request it and let you try and find it?

Either way, they will be kept where she can get at them, usually on the deck, so she may add to ice to drink.  If she buys she is more guaranteed she will get it but we will try to honor any requests that we can.

4. Do you still use the reusable bottles for water that ends up a souvenir at the end? 

Yes but It’s a mug with a sippy lid.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users