• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

ROATAN: Who's All Going on This Trip??? Please introduce yourself! (EVEN If a veteran SDer!)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:04 PM

Hello Roatan Trip Goers!!! Please introduce yourself so we can get to know you better before showing up to dive together! Not that divers really need many introductions but one of the really cool things about our group is we do get to know each other a bit before meeting in person! And its so much fun to say "Oh you are WreckWench or You are Ksue44!"

So please take a minute to share a little about yourself!  :thankyou: Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:05 PM

Hi I'm Kamala aka WreckWench!  I found the club by 'founding' the club! :lol: Ok so I won't quit the day job to become a stand up or sit down comic! ;)

I've been diving since 1994 and have become addicted to scuba so much so that I quit my day job to become a scuba bum full time.  Now I mainline diving as often as I can and love meeting fellow divers who love diving as well! :wakawaka:

Not only am I going on this trip, but I will be your trip leader and personal hostess!  :cool1:

Welcome and please introduce yourself as well ! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 Ksue44

Ksue44

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:34 PM

Hi!!! I'm Ksue but you can call me Karen. I have a love for the water, on top and underneath. I'm always in awe being surrounded by beauty, peace, and God's gift that nourishes my soul. I get excited about little things. I can't dive anymore as I had a brain aneurysm in May 2011 - what I refer to as a "Brain Fart". It doesn't stop me from going on these trips. Through Single Divers - I have been to Dominica and Little Cayman.

The person that inspires me and I admire is Kamala!!! She's fun, caring, passionate about Single Divers and life in the water!!! We are blessed to have her and Single Divers.  

See y'all in Roatan soon. I've been to Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan. Roatan is pretty cool - saw my first Spotted Drum while snorkeling.

• WreckWench and dive_sail_etc like this

#4 aireater

aireater

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:50 PM

Hi, I am aireater, (Mike). I just booked airfare to Roatan for myself and OldLadyDiver (Vickie), for the first week. Will be booking the trip in the near future. Getting excited already.

• WreckWench, dive_sail_etc and Oldladydiver like this

#5 Oldladydiver

Oldladydiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Instr
  • Logged Dives:Many

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:14 PM

Hi I'm OldLadyDiver (Vickie) the weirdo AirEater was talking about. Flights booked for the first week! Can't wait to go diving!!!!!

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:14 AM

Welcome to SingleDivers.com AND the Roatan Rodeo!!!  It is going to be an amazing trip! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#7 Write2Dive

Write2Dive

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Rescue
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:54 PM

Hi I'm Dan. I'm brand-spanking new to SingleDivers.com. Me and my dive buddy Court (username: Velcrow) met Kamala, Pup, Aireater and a bunch of other folks at the Dallas Scuba Expo back in January. Enjoyed everybody's company so much that we decided to become members and just recently booked for the second week in Roatan! Super excited to go diving with a great group of people!!

I'm 35 years old and I've been diving for about 5 years. At some point on this trip, I'll probably hit dive #100 which should be a fun little milestone. Thus far I've been to Cozumel, Cayman Brac, Puerto Rico, and Bonaire, but I've heard awesome things about Roatan.

Court and I are used to being the youngest ones in any given group (Kamala sweetly referred to us as "eye candy"), but I like to think we're mature beyond our years when it comes to diving. We're super laid back and we like to keep it low and slow, but above all SAFE. Can't wait to get down to the island and get in some quality bottom time with some quality people. Have a great day!

• WreckWench likes this

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:07 AM

Hi I'm Dan. I'm brand-spanking new to SingleDivers.com. Me and my dive buddy Court (username: Velcrow) met Kamala, Pup, Aireater and a bunch of other folks at the Dallas Scuba Expo back in January. Enjoyed everybody's company so much that we decided to become members and just recently booked for the second week in Roatan! Super excited to go diving with a great group of people!!

I'm 35 years old and I've been diving for about 5 years. At some point on this trip, I'll probably hit dive #100 which should be a fun little milestone. Thus far I've been to Cozumel, Cayman Brac, Puerto Rico, and Bonaire, but I've heard awesome things about Roatan.

Court and I are used to being the youngest ones in any given group (Kamala sweetly referred to us as "eye candy"), but I like to think we're mature beyond our years when it comes to diving. We're super laid back and we like to keep it low and slow, but above all SAFE. Can't wait to get down to the island and get in some quality bottom time with some quality people. Have a great day!

LOL!!! The boyz and sweetheart have booked Roatan! AWESOME!!!!  We are SUPER glad you found us and even better want to play!!!  And while you may be youngish... we know you are mature divers! :wakawaka:

Here's a pic from the Texas Dive Show....  I'm just sayin..... ;)radit

p.s. It is tradition that the Wench gets to dive with anyone doing a milestone dive!!!  So keep me posted about Dive #100!!!! 

formerly...

#9 divingforfun

divingforfun

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:33

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:35 AM

Hi, I'm a new diver. Just back from Bonaire trip. Awesome!

I signed up for the 2nd week and staying one extra day at the end to go kayaking. Looking forward to fun in the water.

• WreckWench likes this

#10 AirSipper

AirSipper

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:10 PM

Hi everyone - I am brand new to SD and will be booking Roatan for the second week tomorrow. I am super excited about a week of diving Roatan - went there in 2016 and stayed at CocoView - it was awesome! I started diving 4 years ago, but have really caught the bug in the past 2 years. Not sure yet if I will go the roommate route or get a single room...Besides the savings, any experienced SD'ers that can share pros and cons of a single room?

WW - do they allow you to check out tanks at will for shore night diving? We did that at Coco View and the dusk/dawn diving was a treat.

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:38 AM

Hi everyone - I am brand new to SD and will be booking Roatan for the second week tomorrow. I am super excited about a week of diving Roatan - went there in 2016 and stayed at CocoView - it was awesome! I started diving 4 years ago, but have really caught the bug in the past 2 years. Not sure yet if I will go the roommate route or get a single room...Besides the savings, any experienced SD'ers that can share pros and cons of a single room?

WW - do they allow you to check out tanks at will for shore night diving? We did that at Coco View and the dusk/dawn diving was a treat.

Hey gang...Im still in Tobago but will reply asap. Short answer is yes to shordiving anytime and we can set up small groups who want to do it to better facilitate it. Bigger tanks... not sure, but I will check for you Mike!

• AirSipper likes this

formerly...

#12 AirSipper

AirSipper

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:11 PM

Just Booked!! Excited about a week of diving in beautiful Roatan...I am working on getting my sister to join us as well. We dove Roatan in 2016 and Cayman Brac/Grand Cayman in 2017. She is trying to work it out, fingers crossed:)

#13 Malarkey

Malarkey

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Cert Level:Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:12 PM

Greetings! I'm Nick and this is my first SD...and first dive trip of any kind! Week one.

Doing this to get a bit outside my comfort zone. Looking forward to meeting new folks and having a good experience. I'm a sure a cocktail and yoga will take the edge off  :)

Edited by Malarkey, 21 April 2017 - 05:13 PM.

• WreckWench likes this

#14 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:13 PM

Greetings! I'm Nick and this is my first SD...and first dive trip of any kind! Week one.

Doing this to get a bit outside my comfort zone. Looking forward to meeting new folks and having a good experience. I'm a sure a cocktail and yoga will take the edge off  :)

My first dive trip ever was also to Roatan with Kamala in 2008. I had 12 dives at the time. It will be fine. I might suggest the Rent A Buddy program to soothe the nerves a little. The group wont judge you either way. That is one of the special things about this group. I cant think of any place else that is quite as accepting as SingleDivers. The trip will be as good as you allow it to be. Congrats!!

#15 turtlegirl

turtlegirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:32 PM

Hi I'm Helene aka turtlegirl.  I probably have about 100 dives, but this is over 20 years.  Yeah, I know you young folks are saying what??  Got certified, did a few dives, got married,  had kid, and didn't dive for 15 or so years.  Just got back into it a few years ago, but still only get to go on one trip per year.

Last dive trip was in August 2016 with SD in Cozumel.  Loved it!  I am going on the second week,

7/8 -7-15.  I try to be outgoing and love meeting new people.  I know it's singles week, although I am not single, I wanted to dive Roatan and I'm a teacher so the time worked out well. Can't wait!  Brad, you were amazing!  Hope you're going on this trip, if not maybe next year.  Karen, I can't wait to meet you.

See you guys soon.

turtlegirl

• WreckWench and AirSipper like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users