• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

ROATAN: Who's All Going on This Trip??? Please introduce yourself! (EVEN If a veteran SDer!)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:59 AM

Hi I'm Butch aka Cajun Diver.  I'm on the first week of the trip and have done many trips with the group.  My SD last trip was to the Maldives and it was fantastic.

Here's a link to the story of how I found Singledivers so I won't repeat that here.

• WreckWench likes this

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:18 AM

Thanks to ALL for letting us get to know you a bit better!!!  :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 aireater

aireater

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

Hi, Aireater...(Mike) here. Will be going on the first week. Been on a couple dives trips with SD, and had the wench at my house for dive shows, but looking forward to Roatan, first time there. Convinced one of my little sisters, that just certified this last summer, and another X-instructor girl to join up and come diving. We three went to Bonaire last summer on our own and had a great time but this should be even better with the group. The other trips I have taken with the Wench were perfect, even the one I knocked myself out, stepping off the boat....lol takes talent.Well I am already half way packed and ready to go .......See you there.

• WreckWench likes this

#19 Wet Wally

Wet Wally

Getting started

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:46 PM

Hi all.
This will be #4 with SD and the awesome Kamala! Going the 2nd week and looking forward to a great time with, I'm sure, a great bunch.

Walt

• WreckWench likes this

#20 Rainbowfish

Rainbowfish

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:2

Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:22 AM

Hi I'm Joan. I'm a new diver and can't wait to go on this trip to gain experience in a beautiful surrounding. Living in a cold and Midwestern city (Chicago) doesn't afford me many opportunities for meeting divers or going on dives. Super excited to meet everyone. I'm a 46 y/o special education teacher,  I'm divorced and have one son who is 19. I'm registered for the first trip.  - Rainbowfish.   :fish2:

Edited by Rainbowfish, 08 May 2017 - 11:23 AM.

• WreckWench likes this

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

Hi I'm Joan. I'm a new diver and can't wait to go on this trip to gain experience in a beautiful surrounding. Living in a cold and Midwestern city (Chicago) doesn't afford me many opportunities for meeting divers or going on dives. Super excited to meet everyone. I'm a 46 y/o special education teacher,  I'm divorced and have one son who is 19. I'm registered for the first trip.  - Rainbowfish.   :fish2:

Hello Joan, we are excited to meet you! New divers are always welcome...and we have a tremendous program for them, its called our Rent  A Buddy (Mentor) program. It helps dial in good habits and tweak ones that need some work. You'll never say you are a newbie again if you do the program.

Thank you for introducing yourself and please let us know if you need anything!  Kamala and the rest of the SD.com gang!

• Rainbowfish likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#22 BonVivant

BonVivant

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver PADI
  • Logged Dives:61

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:12 PM

Hello! I'm David (aka BonVivant) from Arlington, VA. This will be my first trip with Single Divers! I started diving two years ago and now have almost 200 dives. I have never been to Honduras - first here too! I like all types of diving and look forward to meeting new friends and possible future dive buddies. See you all soon! - David

• WreckWench likes this

#23 olddiver

olddiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced diver
  • Logged Dives:300-400

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:01 AM

My name is Gary. I was first certified in1988. After doing my open water in a quarry in Ohio, my last wife and I left for a week in Andros in the Bahamas. We became jaded right off the bat. Chrystal clear water to at least 80 feet. I dropped a watch off the boat and could almost read the time on the bottom. Over the years, I would usually take a week to go diving. Those weeks include these places: Bahamas:  Walker’s Cay (many times), Chub Cay, Andros (twice), Nassau, Long Island, Bimini; Mexico-Rivera Maya (many times); Mexico-Cozumel (twice); Bonaire; Grand Cayman, Dominican Republic (several times), Jamaica, Costa Rica and Honduras—Guanaja.  Also, I have occasionally done a dive or two on other trips to such places as Malaysia, Hawaii—the Big Island, Moorea in the Society Islands and Puerto Vallarta.

Even with all this diving, neutral buoyancy has never been my long suit. I envy divers who reach bottom and level off so naturally that it seems as if they were born with an air bladder. Also, experience in no guarantee against stupidity. I have jumped off a boat without a weight belt and on another occasion with my gear so tangled I had to do a ditch and don with the help of my dive buddy. I have learn that the most important lesson in diving is to STAY CALM. After all, this is not our world. We are only interlopers; temporary residents for the short interludes that our air permits required to return to our own world with dreams of our next underwater adventure.

• WreckWench likes this

#24 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:12 PM

My name is Gary. I was first certified in1988. After doing my open water in a quarry in Ohio, my last wife and I left for a week in Andros in the Bahamas. We became jaded right off the bat. Chrystal clear water to at least 80 feet. I dropped a watch off the boat and could almost read the time on the bottom. Over the years, I would usually take a week to go diving. Those weeks include these places: Bahamas:  Walker’s Cay (many times), Chub Cay, Andros (twice), Nassau, Long Island, Bimini; Mexico-Rivera Maya (many times); Mexico-Cozumel (twice); Bonaire; Grand Cayman, Dominican Republic (several times), Jamaica, Costa Rica and Honduras—Guanaja.  Also, I have occasionally done a dive or two on other trips to such places as Malaysia, Hawaii—the Big Island, Moorea in the Society Islands and Puerto Vallarta.

Even with all this diving, neutral buoyancy has never been my long suit. I envy divers who reach bottom and level off so naturally that it seems as if they were born with an air bladder. Also, experience in no guarantee against stupidity. I have jumped off a boat without a weight belt and on another occasion with my gear so tangled I had to do a ditch and don with the help of my dive buddy. I have learn that the most important lesson in diving is to STAY CALM. After all, this is not our world. We are only interlopers; temporary residents for the short interludes that our air permits required to return to our own world with dreams of our next underwater adventure.

Gary as with everything in life... the more you practice...the better you will be. The best part is that the practicing is fun so let's have a ball on this trip practicing away! ;)

formerly...

#25 edendiver

edendiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:1000

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

Hi. I'm Chris AKA Edendiver. I live in the mountains of northern Utah. I will be attending the first week of July. This is the first time I've joined a dive group. Looking forward to being a positive addition to this gang!!!!

• WreckWench likes this

#26 Ralynkara

Ralynkara

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:5

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:47 PM

Hey everyone, I'm Josh, I'm a pretty new diver; I've done a few dives about 5 years ago and got a basic certification but I haven't had a chance to go since then. I absolutely loved diving when I used to do it so I can't wait to dive again. I found SD just by looking around for group diving trips and I'm very happy I have. I'll be there both weeks and I'll also be there a week early to get certified. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

• WreckWench likes this

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:12 AM

Hi. I'm Chris AKA Edendiver. I live in the mountains of northern Utah. I will be attending the first week of July. This is the first time I've joined a dive group. Looking forward to being a positive addition to this gang!!!!

WOW!!! The pressure is on...your first dive group eh???  Looks like I gotta make sure its a FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE!!!  :wakawaka:  Fortunately I have some repeats on the trip who will help to make sure everyone is welcomed and introduced and well feels comfortable and at home!!! Oh yeah...and at ease and safe and haopy and...well you get the picture!!!

:welcome: and we are happy to meet ALL OUR NEW DIVERS! 

formerly...

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:10 AM

Hey everyone, I'm Josh, I'm a pretty new diver; I've done a few dives about 5 years ago and got a basic certification but I haven't had a chance to go since then. I absolutely loved diving when I used to do it so I can't wait to dive again. I found SD just by looking around for group diving trips and I'm very happy I have. I'll be there both weeks and I'll also be there a week early to get certified. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Josh we are so thrilled to have you join us and our group! And I'm envious of you doing 3 weeks.... they will be so great and such a great way to wind down graduation and ramp up for your new career! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#29 hungrana

hungrana

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:10

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:24 PM

Hi Everyone, I am Aliz aka hungrana. I am originally from Hungary, but have been living in the US since 2001. This is the first time I've joined a diving group and I am very excited. I am signed up for the second week. I am still a novice diver as I only got certified 2 years ago and I've only gone diving a couple of times since then. Looking forward to the trip and to meeting everyone!

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#30 BubbleChick

BubbleChick

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:33

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

Hello.

I'm Patti aka BubbleChick. My sister Laurie aka airsipper found you guys, signed up for the second week in Roatan and has talked me into going with her.  She didn't have to do much talking. She's my dive buddy and I couldn't leave her hanging!  Besides, somebody's got to do it. :cool2: Both our husbands are non-divers, but we kind of like it that way.  Sisters' getaways are now every year!  So far Roatan, the Caymans and now a soon-to-be Roatan encore.  I'm looking forward to seeing my sis, some excellent diving and making new friends. SO EXCITED!

Edited by BubbleChick, 04 July 2017 - 07:27 PM.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users