• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Thailand Jan

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 29 December 2004 - 12:39 PM

I just received an e-mail from two friends who have a travel agency in Krabi, Thailand. At least they are OK and telecommunications are open there. They said they would write more later. Haven't heard from my friends on Phi Phi yet. Assume the eastern coast (Gulf of Thailand) was relatively unaffected by all this so Koh Tao should be OK.

Dr. Bill

#17 scubatom

scubatom

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 01 January 2005 - 02:46 AM

I recieved this email today. What do you think?

Dear Mr Thomas Pullin

We are quite sure that you have heard about the Tsunami that swept across the Indian Ocean and damaged a lot of buildings and lives.

Phuket Island, catastrophe in Patong beachfront area and 100 people lost their lives. Kata Karon beaches infrastructure suffered less than other areas, regretfully 5 local and 4 tourists lost their lives. Unfortunately, the resorts in Khao Lak area, 50 kilometer north of Phuket and Phi Phi Island, are destroyed and lost many hundreds of lives.

At Marina Phuket Resort, all guests and staff are safe without any injury. Luckily our buildings especially our seaside Villas and On The Rock Restaurant are located quite high from the sea level and had no damage at all.

Now, the situation in general comes to normal, shops and restaurants are open for services again. The roads and the beaches are completely cleaned up as well as the sea water becomes very clean and clear like normal. Everybody feels safe to be on the beaches again.

For further information, you could check at our website www.marinaphuket.com or contact us by phone or email.

Yours sincerely,
Marina Phuket Resort Management & Staff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users