• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

ALOHA!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Tropic Grunt

Tropic Grunt

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water

Posted 11 April 2004 - 12:06 PM

Aloha from sunny Oahu, Hawaii!
Jim here. I'm active duty Army Infantry (Grunt) stationed at Schofield Barracks. Been in 17 years now. I was searching for dive clubs and came across this spot. Very pleasant surprise. Looks like you folks have carved out a comfy little spot here.
I am a new diver taking my last certifying open-water today. I LOVE IT!! I'm happily, hopelessly addicted!
So..... I joined up here to meet other single divers and divers who need a dive buddy from time to time in my area and to chat with others elsewhere. I'm loving this and am just concerned that I don't know enough divers here to be able to dive as much as I want to. Plus.... I was thinking, "Wouldn't it be nice to find a nice woman to spend some surface interval with?" :teeth:

#2 chinacat46

chinacat46

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 11 April 2004 - 12:14 PM

Jim,

:teeth: on board. I think you've found the right place. Lots of friendly people here and hopefully you'll find a buddy or two to dive with.

- Chuck

#3 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 11 April 2004 - 12:25 PM

Hey Jim & :teeth: ! I'll bet you'll have LOTS of folks wanting to come over & dive with you..... :)
Actually, there's talk of a trip to Hawaii sometime in the not too distant future. When the MPs finally locate Wreck Wench, currently AWOL, & drag her back in to work, I'm sure she'll update you.
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#4 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 11 April 2004 - 12:38 PM

Hi Jim,

Welcome to our home and thank you for serving in the US Army. I appreciate your dedication.

Cool avatar! Unfortunately, I had to remove it because it doesn’t conform to our policy on avatars. I know there's a bunch of reading and it's easy to miss things on a new site. This policy is posted in the “Announcements†forum. I’ll copy it here:

“Please note, it is our policy that all avatars be a photo of the member whom it represents. Administrators and Charter Members are exempt from this restriction.â€

On the SingleDivers.com home page, you'll find a more complete explanation in the FAQ (also now in the announcements forum):

"Avatars are representations of ourselves. An avatar is fun to have by your name in your posts. Usually they are cartoons or drawings but we have chosen to use miniature photos of ourselves. When we use photos of ourselves as avatars, it lets us get to know each other better. It is easier to remember faces than names, especially screen names. Since our purpose is to get to know each other and to dive together, our avatar policy promotes this. Please note that the picture you upload or have us help you to upload must be of you. It can be a diving picture or a 'dry' shot, whichever you prefer."

I hope you'll post another that will help us get to know you.

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#5 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:22 PM

:) Tropic Grunt...glad you stopped by and hope that you will call this home. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here that are ready and willing to help in anyway, all you have to is ask.

Thank you so much for supporting our country. Without our service men and women, I would NOT be able to sleep as well as I do at night. Thank you for giving me that opportunity. :teeth:

Don't forget to take a look at our website at SingleDivers.com. We are constantly upgrading and would love to see you on one of our upcoming trips.

Again, welcome to our little place on the net where having fun is what it is all about.

-ZD
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#6 Tropic Grunt

Tropic Grunt

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:26 PM

LOL Sorry about the avatar. I missed that part. That DOES fairly represent me, though. hahahahaha Putting another pic up now.
I sure hope you guys plan a Hawaii trip. That would be sweeeet. Plan for summer, though. Winter conditions are a bit dicey, and you can take advantage of the 20+ great shore diving sites in the summer without worrying about getting clobbered by the surf (20+ ft up North Shore!). Check this site out for shore dives! http://www.shoredivi.../Oahu/index.htm
My first OW dive was yesterday at #11. GREAT spot! Plan on hitting #10 next weekend. Anyone wanna go? hahahaha

#7 Tropic Grunt

Tropic Grunt

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:33 PM

There we go. Not a great pic.... don't have many of myself. I'll take one on the boat this afternoon and get it posted soon as I can.

#8 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 11 April 2004 - 02:14 PM

Welcome Aboard Tropic Grunt
Thanks for Serving in our Armed Force's!!!
I saw some other HI folks swimming around here.
So your in the right place. Marvel has for warned you that all of
us might be storming your beachhead soon :teeth:

Mike
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#9 Tropic Grunt

Tropic Grunt

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 02:17 PM

SWEET! Hope so. I'll have the Mai Tais ready! :teeth:

#10 scoobiediver

scoobiediver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, working on more.
  • Logged Dives:30

Posted 11 April 2004 - 03:08 PM

Hurah Tropic Grunt, From a fellow diver and ex-army. Thank you for serving our country. Hope you find SD.Com your home away from home!

#11 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 11 April 2004 - 03:11 PM

Howdy Jim! :bye:

Welcome to the friendly bunch! :teeth:

"Wouldn't it be nice to find a nice woman to spend some surface interval with?"

I don't think that we are a Dating Service, but that idea is just too obvious, huh? Anything's possible, but - I ain't her. :)

don
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#12 WisconsinGal

WisconsinGal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:70+ and counting

Posted 11 April 2004 - 04:08 PM

Hi Jim,

Nice to have you aboard :) :teeth: to Singledivers!

#13 Tropic Grunt

Tropic Grunt

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 09:58 AM

Thankx so much for the warm welcome. Glad to be aboard!
I just finished my last 2 open-water dives yesterday and I'm CERTIFIED.... and thoroughly addicted. Gonna do some shore dives next weekend (if I can wait that long) and signing up for AOW and Enriched Air for the following weekend. LOL Life is gooooood. :cool2:

#14 sapphire

sapphire

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 10:07 AM

Welcome Jim!

Congratulations on your new hobby, it will come to cost you a lot of $$, but will be well worth it!

This is a fun place to hang out and avoid chores, if you can't be diving :teeth:

Who are you diving with in Honolulu for your training? I know some folks there who work in a dive operation.

So, how big is your guest room? Since you are inviting us and all... :cool2:

Jennifer

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,692 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 April 2004 - 11:30 AM

Welcome!!! :bye: I'm glad you found us and we have a great area for new divers so jump right in and don't be bashful! I'd guess being active military you are anything BUT bashful. So it seems we have a few active duty personnel in our midst THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!!! :cool2: :teeth: :dance:

So I'm going to be adding a special discount for any dive trip you or any other active duty diver/non-diver wishes to go on with SingleDivers.com! (I know how little you all get paid and what a tremendous job you are doing so we can enjoy all the freedoms we often take for granted in our country!)

Thank you for joining us!!! Please post questions....reply to posts....make suggestions....welcome others....have fun and join us on dive trips when you can!

Don't forget to check out the Announcements section of the board for lots of good news and help...and don't forget to tell all your friends about us as well or at least tell others about us the way you heard about us!!!

And as always...our main objective is getting to dive and making great friends in the process. So check out our trips section under SingleDivers.com trips section and under Upcoming Trips on the main page of www.SingleDivers.com!!!

-Kamala aka "Wreck Wench"

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users