• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Contest, Guess the Place

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 13 December 2004 - 06:34 AM

Damn, that looks like the Windjammer S/V Polynesia sitting at anchor. Beautiful picture.
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#17 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 13 December 2004 - 10:24 AM

I don't mean to hijack the thread with posts of Bimini, but it was in fact after all started with a Bimini photo! :o Bimini is my favorite get away and I have been going there for years, largely in part to one of my closest friends living there - the one who wrangled me into diving way back in college! If any of you have dove with Bimini Undersea and Melanie (6' blond gal), well you've met one of my best friends. I'm looking at an April or September trip this year. I did July last year.

And I have no clue where the second photo was taken.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#18 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 13 December 2004 - 02:31 PM

That must be the new Poly, I was on the old Poly in Bimini more years ago than I care to admit but she was 100' shorter and had fewer mast.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#19 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 13 December 2004 - 08:52 PM

Yeah, speaking of Musical Chairs.... (getting back to the question??)

'Anthony' used to tell me, that the 'Key' is the sand and the chairs...

Hmmmmmmm...... or was it the music...
I could "resort" to some travel books, or try searching musical chairs...

But a pic might help even more:

Would this be the place???
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#20 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 09:45 AM

Would it be that little beach accross the water?

Attached Images

• AnthonysKey.jpg

I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

Signed and Dated

#21 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:11 AM

Here's a place to do a shore dive when the wind blows out the boats, that's my daughter suiting up, anybody have a guess?
Hint added, Domino's can deliver there in a Pelican box.

Attached Images

• 4_12_98.jpg

Signed and Dated

#22 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:32 AM

LOL... LA, yup...
That's where my photo came from and I belive Jills too...

Yours, with the lattice fence looks familiar, but can't place it..

sigh, just to many places, not enough time..

I wanna say Bonaire or Baja, Loretto? but that's probably way off.
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.

www.poolesweb.com/

#23 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 14 December 2004 - 01:17 PM

Guess the place in the picture is the title of this thread.
So quess the place where Frank is lOOking. :teeth:

Attached Images

• whatRUlook.jpg

Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#24 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 14 December 2004 - 05:06 PM

Yes, Frank you are correct! Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan.

And Ray what a great pic from the restaurant. I enjoyed every meal looking over the islands, from the wonderful breakfast to the sunsets in the evening.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#25 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 05:17 PM

to the sunsets in the evening.

Yes, like this one just at cocktail time..
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.

www.poolesweb.com/

#26 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 14 December 2004 - 06:07 PM

Makes me wanna put my feet up with a 'rita in hand. Soon oh so soon.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#27 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 06:58 AM

Hi Jill, I loved the view from the AKR restaurant too but those pictures aren't on this computer, the one I posted was from the top of the Mountain Trail that starts in the botanical gardens across the street.
Here's one of Paco and my daughter on the dinning deck.

Attached Images

• Paco.JPG

Signed and Dated

#28 markglist

markglist

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Cert Level:master scuba diver
  • Logged Dives:thousands

Posted 15 December 2004 - 07:05 AM

went diving in bimini a few years back with a blackbeard trip , had a great time

mark

#29 Oceanseleven

Oceanseleven

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Rescue Diver/DiveCon in Training
  • Logged Dives:243

Posted 15 December 2004 - 03:19 PM

Hey Mark, I just went this past memorial day to Bimini w/BlackBeards and got "certified" on the trip with my LDS. They(BlackBeards) said we had the best conditions they had seen in a long time and that I was spoiled. I've been hooked eversince.

Scott

:D

Attached Images

• Crew.jpg

"The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote that a flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no holes is a Danish."

#30 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 02 January 2005 - 11:09 PM

Jill
I used my PADI dive planner and basic math to come up with Bonaire. and sense I have never been there I'm guessing the name is Get Wet and Dive UFool Hotel.

Was I close :teeth:

these fish are native to ?????-?????

B2B

That's easy, that particular species of fish is native to SEAWATER. :unsure:
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users