• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

FINAL Thaliland TOUR OPTIONS....who's doing what!!!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:06 PM

Ok so I'm running late on getting this posted but I know a few of you have come up with AMAZING ideas and will share what you are doing in this topic so OTHERS CAN JOIN IN!!!!  (Gosh I :wub: our club!!!)

I found several really great tours from Phuket or Khao Lak that people can do before or after the trip. The tour can be from any hotel... let me know if interested. I can either get them set up or let you know who to contact. Thank you! Kamala

Attached File  KahoLak Elephant Tour via Aggressor.jpg   18.73KB   0 downloads

Elephant and rainforest – both very special but sadly endangered! This is an opportunity to experience them at least once in your lifetime. Cross over the rain forest covered mountains to Khaosok. Canoe down the Sok river in inflatable canoes with a person to paddle for you. Pass monkeys live in the area The natural scenery is some of the best in Southern Thailand and what better way to see if than from canoe.    

Pick Up from ANY HOTEL IN Khao Lak: 08:50AM

Return to ANY HOTEL IN  Khao Lak 05:00PM

$95.00 Per Person

KAMALA: Looking at this for first full after the 2nd week Mar 1 for Roger, possibly Brenda and anyone else staying a few days after the 2nd week! LET ME KNOW!!!

Attached File  Phuket FantaSea.jpg   43.46KB   0 downloads

Is the award-winning, Las Vegas-style production spectacle colorfully blending the beauty of Thai culture with magical illusion, 4-D effects, aerial ballet, acrobatics, pyrotechnics, special effects, exciting stunts and elephant performances featuring over 30 elephants, all into one unforgettably unique theatrical experience guaranteed to delight visitors of all age.

Pick Up ANY HOTEL IN Khao Lak: 04:40PM

Return to Kantary Beach Khao Lak: 12:30AM

106.00 Per Person

KAMALA: Looking at this for the day we get off the boat from the 2nd week Feb 28 for Roger, Brenda and anyone else staying a few days after the 2nd week! LET ME KNOW!!!

Bangkok 4 days / 3 nights

Attached File  Bangkok.jpg   55.4KB   0 downloads

Bangkok Itinerary (if others have other info PLEASE SHARE):

March 2nd, 2018 -   Arrival to Bangkok, transfer in---We would need to know their Arrival Flights into Bangkok

Welcome to Thailand! Transfer in to Bangkok hotel- we would need to know what hotel they are staying at.

March 3rd, 2018 -   Private Full Day Bangkok Highlight Tour with Lunch  

A visit to the Royal Grand Palace, the nation’s landmark and most praised royal monument in Thailand, with the enclosed and dazzling Wat Phra Kaew is a must. Wat Phra Kaew, also called the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, is well known for its Golden Chedi, its Pantheon of the Chakri Kings and its Eight Coloured Tower. In Thailand, it is considered by many to be a living example of a classical Siamese Court, being the former residence of the kings of Thailand. Wat Pho is regarded as the first centre of public education and is sometimes called ‘Thailand’s first university’. Mural paintings, inscriptions, and statues found in the temple educated people on various subjects such as literature, warfare, archaeology, astronomy, geology, meditation and is considered to be home of Thai traditional massages. Here, you will enjoy a 30-minute Thai massage as an excellent break after a morning sightseeing. Experience an afternoon trip along the bustling Chao Phya River and the quiet Klong (canals) in a long tail boat, in which you can enjoy scenes of Bangkok life. We will bring you to a more traditional and serene way of living around Thonburi residential areas, away from all the skyscrapers and modern buildings of Bangkok City Centre. We will also stop by the “Temple of Dawn” (officially named Wat Arun).Finally, a visit to the Flower and Vegetable market will round off this day. Located close to the Chao Phraya River, the place pictures a rural piece of Bangkok where a vast selection of all kinds of flowers, especially orchids and tropical flowers, can be found. Also, observe how the merchants create very special flower garlands. This Bangkok day tour ends at the Golden Mountain Please note that photography is permitted in the Royal Palace Grounds and in the compounds of the Emerald Buddha Temple, but not inside the buildings. Also, note that the chapel is a national shrine and that you will be required to wear proper attire (no bare shoulders, knees or strapless-heel shoes). Shoes must be removed before entering the temple buildings as a matter of respect.

Facts:         Meals -Lunch included

March 4th, 2018 -   Half Day Floating Market + Half Day Klong Tour with Grand Palace

Half Day Floating Market

This interesting half-day tour will take you to the rural yet world-famous floating market of Damnern Saduak, situated around 100 kilometres west of Bangkok. It is generally known as Klong Ton Khem Floating Market or Damnern Saduak Floating Market. Damnern Saduak has officially three floating markets. A narrow canal flanked with food stalls and souvenir shops forms the principal market. Photographers at Ton Kem will get their best shots from the bridge which crosses over the canal and from the shed on the right. Nowadays, the market is bustling with activity from very early in the morning until about 11.00 am. For those who want to buy some memorabilia here, do not forget to bargain!

Facts

Private              Daily (AM only), all major languages

Seat-in-Coach   Daily (AM only), English only, minimum 2 full paying guests

Duration            4 hours (07:30 – 11:30)

Meals                No meals included

Half Day Klong Tour with Grand Palace

Experience a half day trip along the bustling Chao Phraya River and the quiet Klong (canals) in a long tail boat, in which you can enjoy scenes of Bangkok life.  We will bring you to a more traditional and serene way of living around Thonburi residential areas, away from all the skyscrapers and modern buildings of Bangkok City Centre. We will also stop by the “Temple of Dawn” (officially named Wat Arun). A visit to the Royal Grand Palace, the nation’s landmark and most praised royal monument in Thailand is a must. The palace, which is the former royal residence of the Chakri Kings, is the perfect example of an ancient Siamese court. Built in 1782 by the King Rama I, it was the centre of power for more than 150 years.Today, the palace is Bangkok's major landmark and most popular tourist attraction. Please note that photography is permitted in the Royal Palace Grounds and in the compounds of the Emerald Buddha Temple, but not inside the buildings. Also, note that the chapel is a national shrine and that you will be required to wear proper attire (no bare shoulders, knees or strapless-heel shoes). Shoes must be removed before entering the temple buildings as a matter of respect.

Facts

Private              Daily (AM and PM) except Sundays, all major languages

Seat-in-Coach   Daily (AM and PM) except Sundays, English only, minimum 2 full paying guests

Duration            4 hours (08:30 – 12:30 / 13:00 – 17:00)

Be mindful         The Palace may be closed without prior notice during Royal ceremonies and officials/head of  state’s visits. The inner courts of the Grand Palace are frequently closed on Sundays; we do recommend not to book this excursion on Sundays to avoid disappointment.

March 5th, 2018 -   Bangkok – Departure (Breakfast)

Check out and transfer from hotel in Bangkok to Bangkok airport (Air ticket is exclude)---We would need to know what flights people are departing on

**End of Services**

Tour Includes:-

·       Meals if stated in itinerary (drinks excluded)

·       Transportation within the journey in air conditioned

·       Other transportation (i.e. boat etc.) if stated

·       English Speaking Guide

·       Program as per itinerary

·       All private excursions and transfers   

Tour Excludes:-

·       Hotels

·       Flights and Airport Taxes (if applicable)

·       Personal expenses / Guide and driver tips

·       Meal and beverages which are not mentioned

·       Visa Fees (if needed)

·       Optional Tours

·       Festive surcharge (If any)

Rate per person for min of hree guests travelling together …………..USD490 

KAMALA looking at this for the last few days in BKK before flying out Mar 5. 

Anyone else want to share their ideas so others can join????

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 CherryNYC

CherryNYC

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:168

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:07 AM

Sorry - can't find the email that mentioned the two land tours mentioned early on in Phuket that I was thinking about - a zipline tour or biking excursion - looking for some information on those- anyone??  I don't think I have the flexibility timewise for the other tours mentioned above.

#3 pinkmedic16

pinkmedic16

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:master diver
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:25 AM

FOR ANYBODY INTERESTED I AM A WEEK 2 GAL AND I HAVE SOME THINGS PLANNED AND ALL ARE WELCOME TO JOIN SHELLY AND ME. ON THE EVENING OF THE 16TH WILL BE GOING TO DINNER/DRINKS/SHOPPING ON BANGLA ROAD... ON THE MORNING OF THE 17TH I AM GOING FRESHWASTER FISHING AT A LITTLE LAKE WHERE YOU CAN CATCH RIVER MONSTER SIZED FISH !!!! I AM AN AVID FISHERWOMAN SO THIS IS A HUGE DEAL FOR ME :wavey: ....AND THEN RETURN AROUND 5 PM GET READY FOR A NIGHT AT THE SIMON CABARET FOR AN AWESOME FAMOUS SHOW OF LADYBOYS, AND THEN EATING AND DRINKING ON BANGLA ROAD, THE MORNING OF THE 18TH WERE DOING A COOKING CLASS AND GOING TO GO SEE THE GIANT BUDDHA BEFORE HEADING TO THE BOAT IN THE EVENING...

here are a few of the links to some of the plans. :

http://phuketfishingparks.com/

https://phuket-simoncabaret.com/

I AM STILL DEBATING WHO TO GO WITH FOR COOKING SO ILL UPDATE ASAP..  :)

:) ♥ Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that makes you smile.

#4 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:27 PM

Has anybody besides Laura made any concrete plans for week 2?  I found time today to look at this and found that alot of the best stuff is booked up for Feb 15-18.  If we can get a group trip then that would open the possibilities quite a bit but it looks like this needs to be booked pretty quickly.  Maybe the week one guys can shed some light on availability of tours on short notice.  Whatcha say group one?

PhiPhi and Similans are both on the 10 day boat itinerary so I don't see a reason to do day trips there.  That cuts a large number out immediately. 

I am looking at a few but they generally have minimums

https://travel.hotel...Date=2018-02-18

But I honestly don't know if I can get into any of these though.  Any thoughts from anyone else?

#5 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:23 AM

I have booked some private tours of Phuket on the Feb18 and Feb28 and the van is already coming to the hotel so anyone wanting to join in is free too.  The cost is $90 each and they are going around the constraints of our boat transfers on these days. 

The Feb 18 one is 

https://www.viator.c...h/d349-26842P58

I have requested specifically to omit the beaches and replace them with the Big Buddha and Chalong Temple. 

The Feb 28 one is

https://www.viator.c...t/d349-8084P350

I had to book 2 spots on this one so one is already booked.  The price shown is wrong, they charged me $180 for two spots.  So however wants it can pay me $90.

Since these are private tours I can add people to them on our transfer days.  Let ME know if you want one and I can arrange it after I get there or we will have multiple tours schedules.  

I also have two full days nature tours scheduled on the 16 and 17.  The transfers are already set up.  These you can book these yourself if interested.  I don't expect any takers

Feb 16

https://www.viator.c...ur/d349-8369P14

Feb 17

https://www.viator.c...d349-6686HKTPHS

#6 RetiredToDive

RetiredToDive

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:over 1000

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:17 AM

Kamala, tours sound good, I'm in. Roger.

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:30 AM

Kamala, tours sound good, I'm in. Roger.

AWESOME!!!  I will need to do some work getting off the boat. The first weekers have found some issues with the FANTASEAS tour...the elephants are tired and not in good shape so nix that one. Lori suggested another one instead so will do that if we can.

They ALL RAVED about the Taste of Thailand...it is all day and serves amazing food PLUS a ton of cool things to see. This will be my big tour in Bangkok. I will ask Brenda to book for the 3 of us whenever she can get us in before going home.

The things Scott is looking at look great too! Since I have to work Roger maybe you would want to do that with him.  Brenda and I AND ANYONE WHO WANTED TO JOIN US talked loosely about the FantaSEA but it is NOT GOOD so will skip it on the 28th. I will try to find a massage and maybe a market with Brenda and anyone who wants to join...OR we can do that the 1st which is our last day in Phuket. We were looking at the elephant tour but Brenda does not want to do that so maybe someone else will. I will plan to work other than to figure out when the other dance program is that everyone raved about week #1.

I hope that makes some sense... tks, Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#8 RetiredToDive

RetiredToDive

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:over 1000

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:37 AM

cmdr.The t​our on the 28th sounds good. 

sign me up. Roger

#9 missbk

missbk

Getting started

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:17 PM

I have booked some private tours of Phuket on the Feb18 and Feb28 and the van is already coming to the hotel so anyone wanting to join in is free too.  The cost is $90 each and they are going around the constraints of our boat transfers on these days. 

The Feb 18 one is 

I have requested specifically to omit the beaches and replace them with the Big Buddha and Chalong Temple. 

The Feb 28 one is

I had to book 2 spots on this one so one is already booked.  The price shown is wrong, they charged me $180 for two spots.  So however wants it can pay me $90.

Since these are private tours I can add people to them on our transfer days.  Let ME know if you want one and I can arrange it after I get there or we will have multiple tours schedules.  

I also have two full days nature tours scheduled on the 16 and 17.  The transfers are already set up.  These you can book these yourself if interested.  I don't expect any takers

Feb 16

Feb 17

I wanted to update you I do not fly into Phuket until 4 p.m. Somehow the 2 p.m. date got posted and I cannot get changed.  I should be at hotel around 6 p.m.  Would love to meet and have dinner if not too late.

I want to do the tour on Feb 18th.  I also am interested in the cave tour on Feb. 17th.  You have good tours planned.  I have done the elephant tour so do not want to do again.  I recommend . . .

#10 missbk

missbk

Getting started

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:47 PM

FOR ANYBODY INTERESTED I AM A WEEK 2 GAL AND I HAVE SOME THINGS PLANNED AND ALL ARE WELCOME TO JOIN SHELLY AND ME. ON THE EVENING OF THE 16TH WILL BE GOING TO DINNER/DRINKS/SHOPPING ON BANGLA ROAD... ON THE MORNING OF THE 17TH I AM GOING FRESHWASTER FISHING AT A LITTLE LAKE WHERE YOU CAN CATCH RIVER MONSTER SIZED FISH !!!! I AM AN AVID FISHERWOMAN SO THIS IS A HUGE DEAL FOR ME :wavey: ....AND THEN RETURN AROUND 5 PM GET READY FOR A NIGHT AT THE SIMON CABARET FOR AN AWESOME FAMOUS SHOW OF LADYBOYS, AND THEN EATING AND DRINKING ON BANGLA ROAD, THE MORNING OF THE 18TH WERE DOING A COOKING CLASS AND GOING TO GO SEE THE GIANT BUDDHA BEFORE HEADING TO THE BOAT IN THE EVENING...

here are a few of the links to some of the plans. :

http://phuketfishingparks.com/

https://phuket-simoncabaret.com/

I AM STILL DEBATING WHO TO GO WITH FOR COOKING SO ILL UPDATE ASAP..  :)

I would like to join you two ladies for dinner and night market on Feb 16th.  Sound fun ...  Also, when find a cooking class, please share with me.  I would like to do on March 1st.  Thanks.  

#11 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:19 PM

The Feb 18 one is 

The Feb 28 one is

Feb 16

Feb 17

I wanted to update you I do not fly into Phuket until 4 p.m. Somehow the 2 p.m. date got posted and I cannot get changed.  I should be at hotel around 6 p.m.  Would love to meet and have dinner if not too late.

I want to do the tour on Feb 18th.  I also am interested in the cave tour on Feb. 17th.  You have good tours planned.  I have done the elephant tour so do not want to do again.  I recommend . . .
I apologize for the time. The airline and transfer get it right so that is the important thing.

The tours on the 16th and 28th were cancelled but the other 2 are still a go as far as I know. You can sign up and get your voucher at the links above. It appears you need a voucher for everything in Thailand. Just give my name like I mentioned in the PM at signup. Sharon did it earlier so it seems to work. Thanks

#12 CherryNYC

CherryNYC

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:168

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:23 PM

Scott, just double-checking; I responded to your email on another thread regarding the Feb 18 Viator tour - I am signed up & paid.  

Sharon

#13 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:44 PM

Scott, just double-checking; I responded to your email on another thread regarding the Feb 18 Viator tour - I am signed up & paid.  

Sharon

yes, I saw that.  Thanks for checking in.

#14 missbk

missbk

Getting started

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:48 PM

The Feb 18 one is 

The Feb 28 one is

Feb 16

Feb 17

Roger and I are paid and signed up for the tours on Feb 17th and 18th.  

#15 pinkmedic16

pinkmedic16

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:28 AM

Ok so I'm running late on getting this posted but I know a few of you have come up with AMAZING ideas and will share what you are doing in this topic so OTHERS CAN JOIN IN!!!!  (Gosh I :wub: our club!!!)

I found several really great tours from Phuket or Khao Lak that people can do before or after the trip. The tour can be from any hotel... let me know if interested. I can either get them set up or let you know who to contact. Thank you! Kamala

attachicon.gifKahoLak Elephant Tour via Aggressor.jpg

Elephant and rainforest – both very special but sadly endangered! This is an opportunity to experience them at least once in your lifetime. Cross over the rain forest covered mountains to Khaosok. Canoe down the Sok river in inflatable canoes with a person to paddle for you. Pass monkeys live in the area The natural scenery is some of the best in Southern Thailand and what better way to see if than from canoe.    

Pick Up from ANY HOTEL IN Khao Lak: 08:50AM

Return to ANY HOTEL IN  Khao Lak 05:00PM

$95.00 Per Person

KAMALA: Looking at this for first full after the 2nd week Mar 1 for Roger, possibly Brenda and anyone else staying a few days after the 2nd week! LET ME KNOW!!!

attachicon.gifPhuket FantaSea.jpg

Is the award-winning, Las Vegas-style production spectacle colorfully blending the beauty of Thai culture with magical illusion, 4-D effects, aerial ballet, acrobatics, pyrotechnics, special effects, exciting stunts and elephant performances featuring over 30 elephants, all into one unforgettably unique theatrical experience guaranteed to delight visitors of all age.

Pick Up ANY HOTEL IN Khao Lak: 04:40PM

Return to Kantary Beach Khao Lak: 12:30AM

106.00 Per Person

KAMALA: Looking at this for the day we get off the boat from the 2nd week Feb 28 for Roger, Brenda and anyone else staying a few days after the 2nd week! LET ME KNOW!!!

Bangkok 4 days / 3 nights

attachicon.gifBangkok.jpg

Bangkok Itinerary (if others have other info PLEASE SHARE):

March 2nd, 2018 -   Arrival to Bangkok, transfer in---We would need to know their Arrival Flights into Bangkok

Welcome to Thailand! Transfer in to Bangkok hotel- we would need to know what hotel they are staying at.

March 3rd, 2018 -   Private Full Day Bangkok Highlight Tour with Lunch  

A visit to the Royal Grand Palace, the nation’s landmark and most praised royal monument in Thailand, with the enclosed and dazzling Wat Phra Kaew is a must. Wat Phra Kaew, also called the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, is well known for its Golden Chedi, its Pantheon of the Chakri Kings and its Eight Coloured Tower. In Thailand, it is considered by many to be a living example of a classical Siamese Court, being the former residence of the kings of Thailand. Wat Pho is regarded as the first centre of public education and is sometimes called ‘Thailand’s first university’. Mural paintings, inscriptions, and statues found in the temple educated people on various subjects such as literature, warfare, archaeology, astronomy, geology, meditation and is considered to be home of Thai traditional massages. Here, you will enjoy a 30-minute Thai massage as an excellent break after a morning sightseeing. Experience an afternoon trip along the bustling Chao Phya River and the quiet Klong (canals) in a long tail boat, in which you can enjoy scenes of Bangkok life. We will bring you to a more traditional and serene way of living around Thonburi residential areas, away from all the skyscrapers and modern buildings of Bangkok City Centre. We will also stop by the “Temple of Dawn” (officially named Wat Arun).Finally, a visit to the Flower and Vegetable market will round off this day. Located close to the Chao Phraya River, the place pictures a rural piece of Bangkok where a vast selection of all kinds of flowers, especially orchids and tropical flowers, can be found. Also, observe how the merchants create very special flower garlands. This Bangkok day tour ends at the Golden Mountain Please note that photography is permitted in the Royal Palace Grounds and in the compounds of the Emerald Buddha Temple, but not inside the buildings. Also, note that the chapel is a national shrine and that you will be required to wear proper attire (no bare shoulders, knees or strapless-heel shoes). Shoes must be removed before entering the temple buildings as a matter of respect.

Facts:         Meals -Lunch included

March 4th, 2018 -   Half Day Floating Market + Half Day Klong Tour with Grand Palace

Half Day Floating Market

This interesting half-day tour will take you to the rural yet world-famous floating market of Damnern Saduak, situated around 100 kilometres west of Bangkok. It is generally known as Klong Ton Khem Floating Market or Damnern Saduak Floating Market. Damnern Saduak has officially three floating markets. A narrow canal flanked with food stalls and souvenir shops forms the principal market. Photographers at Ton Kem will get their best shots from the bridge which crosses over the canal and from the shed on the right. Nowadays, the market is bustling with activity from very early in the morning until about 11.00 am. For those who want to buy some memorabilia here, do not forget to bargain!

Facts

Private              Daily (AM only), all major languages

Seat-in-Coach   Daily (AM only), English only, minimum 2 full paying guests

Duration            4 hours (07:30 – 11:30)

Half Day Klong Tour with Grand Palace

Experience a half day trip along the bustling Chao Phraya River and the quiet Klong (canals) in a long tail boat, in which you can enjoy scenes of Bangkok life.  We will bring you to a more traditional and serene way of living around Thonburi residential areas, away from all the skyscrapers and modern buildings of Bangkok City Centre. We will also stop by the “Temple of Dawn” (officially named Wat Arun). A visit to the Royal Grand Palace, the nation’s landmark and most praised royal monument in Thailand is a must. The palace, which is the former royal residence of the Chakri Kings, is the perfect example of an ancient Siamese court. Built in 1782 by the King Rama I, it was the centre of power for more than 150 years.Today, the palace is Bangkok's major landmark and most popular tourist attraction. Please note that photography is permitted in the Royal Palace Grounds and in the compounds of the Emerald Buddha Temple, but not inside the buildings. Also, note that the chapel is a national shrine and that you will be required to wear proper attire (no bare shoulders, knees or strapless-heel shoes). Shoes must be removed before entering the temple buildings as a matter of respect.

Facts

Private              Daily (AM and PM) except Sundays, all major languages

Seat-in-Coach   Daily (AM and PM) except Sundays, English only, minimum 2 full paying guests

Duration            4 hours (08:30 – 12:30 / 13:00 – 17:00)

Be mindful         The Palace may be closed without prior notice during Royal ceremonies and officials/head of  state’s visits. The inner courts of the Grand Palace are frequently closed on Sundays; we do recommend not to book this excursion on Sundays to avoid disappointment.

March 5th, 2018 -   Bangkok – Departure (Breakfast)

Check out and transfer from hotel in Bangkok to Bangkok airport (Air ticket is exclude)---We would need to know what flights people are departing on

**End of Services**

Tour Includes:-

·       Meals if stated in itinerary (drinks excluded)

·       Transportation within the journey in air conditioned

·       Other transportation (i.e. boat etc.) if stated

·       English Speaking Guide

·       Program as per itinerary

·       All private excursions and transfers   

Tour Excludes:-

·       Hotels

·       Flights and Airport Taxes (if applicable)

·       Personal expenses / Guide and driver tips

·       Meal and beverages which are not mentioned

·       Visa Fees (if needed)

·       Optional Tours

·       Festive surcharge (If any)

Rate per person for min of hree guests travelling together …………..USD490 

KAMALA looking at this for the last few days in BKK before flying out Mar 5. 

Anyone else want to share their ideas so others can join????

looking for someone ( or multiples even) who would be interested in fishing outside of bangkok with me on the 6th?? looking at either bungsmaran lake ( famous) or jurassic park lake (famous) these places are known for MONSTER fish..like once in a lifetime 150-250 lb fish !!!!

can check out the link to several possible locations if someone would like to join me... it would be nice to split part of the costs and save us both a bit as well as help film and take still shots of us both landing enormous fish !!!

http://www.fishthail...the_venues.html

:) ♥ Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that makes you smile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users