• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

#3 Roatan 2018 WK1: QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS... Ask Away Inside this Topic!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:04 AM

Please let us know about tipping policy...... How much to tip and who to tip?

I googled search electricity but I want some assurance that what I googled is correct.

Plug  (attach picture please)

voltage/watt?

School supplies:  Anything specific besides crayons, pencils, markers etc?

Hello Donna, typically this is about the time Kamala updates the Trip PM with this sort of information but since you are asking, here is a quote from last year's Media Luna trip PM:

Electricity....

The resort uses 110 electric so if you are sharing a room you may want to bring a power strip otherwise you are good to go!

As for school supplies, the essentials i.e. pencils and paper in loose leaf or tablet form are always in short supply. Colored pencils / crayons are cool, but good old No. 2 lead pencils are prized by the teaching staff and deeply appreciated. We realize paper is, contrary to many folks' conventional wisdom, actually pretty heavy when considered as a part of your overall flight baggage allowance so please do not feel compelled to overdo it. The group will spread the load around (figuratively and literally). :angel2: :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#17 PhotoHappy

PhotoHappy

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:44 AM

Link wont work to tell you about camera info needed for rinse tanks. I will be bringing a large housing and 2 large strobes. Please add me to the rinse tank list.

Ill share above and under water photos however I dont have time to complete the steps to do so before I fly out on Saturday.

#18 scottdiver

scottdiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Advance Open Water - Getting Rescue.
  • Logged Dives:Never logged my dives till receintly.

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:58 AM

I am curious about the shuttle times from the airport to the hotel.

Are the shuttles spaced out throughout the day, or is there one for each incoming flight?

For Example I arrive at 12:21 and someone else is arriving a 2:30.  Is the shuttle scheduled to what for the 2:30 PM flight?

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:24 PM

Link wont work to tell you about camera info needed for rinse tanks. I will be bringing a large housing and 2 large strobes. Please add me to the rinse tank list.

Ill share above and under water photos however I dont have time to complete the steps to do so before I fly out on Saturday.

We did not have a link for camera bucket needs BUT I will advise the resort now to be prepared. Several of us will have big buckets! And I will show you how to share your pics! AWESOME a guest FB admin!!!  We can do those steps at the resort!!!  Don't let me forget!!!   :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:26 PM

I am curious about the shuttle times from the airport to the hotel.

Are the shuttles spaced out throughout the day, or is there one for each incoming flight?

For Example I arrive at 12:21 and someone else is arriving a 2:30.  Is the shuttle scheduled to what for the 2:30 PM flight?

The shuttle is a private shuttle for the hotel and is based upon flight arrival times. So all people on a flight or two if close together (30 mins or less) will be on one shuttle UNLESS there are too many people and then they will do two.

They NEVER combine people arriving at 12:21 and 2:30 together. That would be 2 shuttles.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:07 AM

Please let us know about tipping policy...... How much to tip and who to tip?

I googled search electricity but I want some assurance that what I googled is correct.

Plug  (attach picture please)

voltage/watt?

School supplies:  Anything specific besides crayons, pencils, markers etc?

Check the TRIP PM for these updates. A courtesy email will land into your inbox  with the title  WRECKWENCH has replied to a personal conversation.  If anyone else has replied to the TRIP PM it will say their screen name has replied. For this reason we ask that you either email us at trips@singledivers.com OR use this topic for questions and not use the TRIP PM so it does not land in everyone's inbox.

You can ALWAYS check the TRIP PM by logging into the FORUM side of the site and checking your inbox. Our TOPIC #2 TRIP FAQ has detailed instructions on how to do this or if you need help you can email admin@singledivers.com

Thanks to all! Its going to be a BLAST!!!!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users