• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

MEMBER PROCESS FEEDBACK....

24 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:37 PM

I have asked a few people on the PI trip for some user feedback on the NEW TRIP PROCESS and here are the items we should consider: (THEY LOVE THE CHANGES SO FAR)  ;)

1. When in the cart booking something there is no way back to the trip details or ??'s topic etc.

Can we....

Use the READ MORE link in shopping cart to link back to the trip forums rather than the info you have in the cart now i.e pricing/trip blurb etc.

If not.... can we eliminate the duplicated trip pricing info etc (see Roatan example) and INSTEAD have something like this:

To return to the Trip Details click HERE
To ask questions click HERE
To see who's going click HERE

2. When you try to book the extras they do not show up ....the pkgs do as the add on's are below the pkgs and the trip details section that is resident in the cart. (Trip add on's are below that so too far down)

Can we....

If we delete all the cart trip related details because we are linking them back to the forums via the READ MORE link, then the add on's show up higher on the page and that makes them easier to see and/or find. This eliminates confusion.  PLUS it means we do not have any info we have to put in the cart related to the trip...or very little.

3. When you click the book now button it takes you to the cart for the trip VERY GOOD and liked by all. But you have to log in again to actually add to cart. No error message occurs to tell you that you must be logged in...it  does nothing so gives the appearance of not working.

Can we....

Add to the topic title where we have the trip Name  the disclaimer that they must log in again etc. Some possible ideas include...

Roatan 2018 - Week 1 (Must log in again to book)

Roatan 2018 - Week 1 (Must be logged in to book)

Roatan 2018 - Week 1 (Pls log into upper right to book)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:38 PM

PER SCOTT'S EMAIL...

1) it opens up in a separate tab by design for this reason AND there is a link back already clearly visible in hika.   You never leave the forum page, just the tab. 

2) I don't understand this issue. It's possible the cart isn't included on the hikashop page or the add-ons are just not setup. 

3) this originally was fixed and Traci abandoned it.  It's just a button flip in hika. 

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:50 PM

PER SCOTT'S EMAIL...

1) it opens up in a separate tab by design for this reason AND there is a link back already clearly visible in hika.   You never leave the forum page, just the tab. 

2) I don't understand this issue. It's possible the cart isn't included on the hikashop page or the add-ons are just not setup. 

3) this originally was fixed and Traci abandoned it.  It's just a button flip in hika. 

Please tell me what to click to get back to the trip details when in the shopping cart as I can not see it.  Or is it only visible if logged in? It should be visible regardless.

Yes add on's are in hika for this trip. Think of it this way...I am expecting to see the add on's and all I see are trip pkgs. If the add on's are closer to the trip pkgs it will be more intuitive. PLUS we do not have to keep up two sets of info that can get messed up quickly i.e the trip details listed in HIKA and those in the forums.  If you need a sample let me know. Or just see all the red info you included under the MORE INFO link in Hika.

GREAT!!!   Now the users say the following....

"I am logged into the forums and I click to sign up for a trip but it does not tell me I have to be logged in to order. And it does not log me in automatically. So please add something to tell me to log in again"

THAT is why I had the suggestions they offered.

formerly...

#4 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:05 PM

Problem 1. I think the first problem may already be fixed on all the new trips... at the very end of "read more" there is a link to the forums page that sends them back to the forum to get more details.... I always add the URL when I build out HIKA.... I think the problem is a transition problem because this used to point to the articles that we don't use anymore (fairly recent change right?). I imagine these trips were built before this transition all started - so the links may not work for those trips....

Please review one of the new unopened trips and see if this answers their problem. If so, I can fix this for the old trips too. If not, please get more feedback to see what is it needs...You should be logged in since all the important trip details are still in hidden posts..

By the way, the only real text is a copy from the forums page (trip details) so it will be a very close if not exact match for consistency.

Problem 3 - I have the same issue all the time. To experience it, log out of the booking part and try to book a trip. Even if you are logged into the forums, it doesnt man you are logged into the booking system. It doesnt give an error... it just refreshes the page. I think we just need a button that says login to book if they arent logged in already... which you can likely assume they arent. I know the cart is configured right in Hika... it is a browser/login issue.

#5 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:12 PM

Problem 2. I agree that this is confusing. They can click the button that says take me to trip add ons but it almost feels like it is a new page, and unless you scroll up you dont realize it is the same page. You have scroll up to see the items in the cart.... and submit.

Instead of moving everything on the page, can we simply have the cart move down/stay visible on the screen when they book addons? Hopefully it is just a menu config in Hika instead of lots of recoding.

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:44 PM

Problem 1. I think the first problem may already be fixed on all the new trips... at the very end of "read more" there is a link to the forums page that sends them back to the forum to get more details.... I always add the URL when I build out HIKA.... I think the problem is a transition problem because this used to point to the articles that we don't use anymore (fairly recent change right?). I imagine these trips were built before this transition all started - so the links may not work for those trips....

Please review one of the new unopened trips and see if this answers their problem. If so, I can fix this for the old trips too. If not, please get more feedback to see what is it needs...You should be logged in since all the important trip details are still in hidden posts..

1. Please fix the live topic Roatan week 1. End users can see this and we are being judged by this trip. They can not see hidden trips.

2. This is a step in the right direction per the people here. ( I showed them.) BUT...its at the bottom and not very obvious. Better but not end user obvious.

3. Is there ANY OTHER WAY TO HAVE A MORE OBVIOUS LINK BACK TO THE TRIP DETAILS???

formerly...

#7 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:58 PM

I will fix for RTB 1 and look at better options on where to place the links. Does it at least fix the issue once they find the link?

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:08 PM

By the way, the only real text is a copy from the forums page (trip details) so it will be a very close if not exact match for consistency.

We should not have any pkg details etc resident in two places. They will start off the same but as time goes on and I chg things in the forums they will no longer be current and will cause confusion. Since I can not edit the list in Hika this is dangerous to have vital trip info in two places.

PLUS if we delete it then the add on's will now show up higher on the page automatically.

formerly...

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:09 PM

I will fix for RTB 1 and look at better options on where to place the links. Does it at least fix the issue once they find the link?

It helps a lot but is not fully obvious. If we get rid of the MORE DETAILS content ...and use that link to ALSO get them back to the forums then that will help fix TWO problems.

Edited by WreckWench, 05 April 2018 - 10:26 PM.

formerly...

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:17 PM

Problem 3 - I have the same issue all the time. To experience it, log out of the booking part and try to book a trip. Even if you are logged into the forums, it doesnt man you are logged into the booking system. It doesnt give an error... it just refreshes the page. I think we just need a button that says login to book if they arent logged in already... which you can likely assume they arent. I know the cart is configured right in Hika... it is a browser/login issue.

Yes it is part of the problem with using the forums to create accounts etc. It is part of the nature of the beast....BUT we need to make it more obvious. The most obvious option I have seen is to add it to the trip title  which is the ONLY thing that stands out on the hika page unless you can add something to the hika pg we currently do not see.

Roatan 2018 - Week 1 (Must log in again to book)

Roatan 2018 - Week 1 (Must be logged in to book)

Roatan 2018 - Week 1 (Pls log into upper right to book)

formerly...

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:05 PM

When they DO find a link to go back to the forums it is better than having the info in two places. Thank you!

formerly...

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:38 PM

Problem 2. I agree that this is confusing. They can click the button that says take me to trip add ons but it almost feels like it is a new page, and unless you scroll up you dont realize it is the same page. You have scroll up to see the items in the cart.... and submit.

Instead of moving everything on the page, can we simply have the cart move down/stay visible on the screen when they book addons? Hopefully it is just a menu config in Hika instead of lots of recoding.

Not sure if it fixes it.   HOWEVER it will help if we do the following

1. Remove all the description info so the add's on show up higher on the pg.

2. If the cart can show more items on the page that will help but that is also a limit of the user's end device which also limits what they see on the page.

formerly...

#13 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:55 AM

I updated RTB 1... Please review.

A couple of things:

1. I CAN NOT put a "Click Here" in the box. It will not function as you want it too.

2. I think you still need Room pricing descriptions in Hika. Maybe not as important when it is just DO/SO and Diver/Non-diver. But when you hit RTB2 - you have to be able to have a quick reference for the 5 different types of rooms that you have available.

I like all of your suggestions above - BUT I really don't think we should be recoding right now and many of those suggestions will take time to research the best way to do it, time to code, time to test and time to implement. If it is an information placement change that I can do (i.e. the RTB information, ok. But if it required re-coding like your request to change the cart and where the add-ons are - this requires programing/recoding.

Our VERY LIMITED time should not be recoding right now. Can we please just capture these ideas here and circle around to them after we get the 2018 Trips done?

#14 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:23 AM

I updated RTB 1... Please review.

A couple of things:

1. I CAN NOT put a "Click Here" in the box. It will not function as you want it too.

2. I think you still need Room pricing descriptions in Hika. Maybe not as important when it is just DO/SO and Diver/Non-diver. But when you hit RTB2 - you have to be able to have a quick reference for the 5 different types of rooms that you have available.

I like all of your suggestions above - BUT I really don't think we should be recoding right now and many of those suggestions will take time to research the best way to do it, time to code, time to test and time to implement. If it is an information placement change that I can do (i.e. the RTB information, ok. But if it required re-coding like your request to change the cart and where the add-ons are - this requires programing/recoding.

Our VERY LIMITED time should not be recoding right now. Can we please just capture these ideas here and circle around to them after we get the 2018 Trips done?

If something is a VERY easy (1-2 min) fix then do that.  Everything else will have to catch up later.

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:51 PM

THANKS TO ALL.

1. the area you listed pricing of the trip in Hika will not allow any links in that content area?

2. I would like to try removing all details in the hika description info area and ONLY show the link to more details that currently exists. That will take them to the central and only area we have to keep updated.

This will accomplish several thing....

a. A single place for all trip info

b. Only one place to keep updated

c. Train people to read the trip details AND ALL OTHER info in the forums

d. Send them to the forums.

e. Keep people from signing up for a trip based upon a small fraction of the trip info. YES people will potentially sign up based upon ONLY the little info in Hika.

f. Take less time to set up Hika

g. chance to test...Can you pls try it on something and let me see what it looks like .  If it does not work then fine... we can try something else.

formerly...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users