• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

MEMBER PROCESS FEEDBACK....

24 replies to this topic

#16 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:19 AM

There is a link to the Hika Site to the forum for all info.

I have deleted all the other info except the room package pricing. See below...

I This will accomplish several thing....
a. A single place for all trip info - Yes I agree. I am a HUGE advocate for put it in once place for data integrity... However, there is also user interface issues.

b. Only one place to keep updated - I agree but how often do you change a trip price once it is open for booking? This is the ONLY info in there. And if you have to change room options I have to go into Hika anyway to change it is the SKUs and so I can change it at the same time. NO OTHER INFO will be duplicated.

c. Train people to read the trip details AND ALL OTHER info in the forums - I agree and there not be any extraneous info except the prices for the rooms they are booking. WHEN they book, if you don't put the info on how much they are spending on the Hika Page somewhere YOU FORCE them to go back and forth between the Hika page and the Forum page to determine the difference between the Cash and credit price. AND my guess is they won't remember the difference between the rooming options in complex rooms like RTB 2.

d. Send them to the forums - This still happens. They have to go there for ALL other info.

e. Keep people from signing up for a trip based upon a small fraction of the trip info. YES people will potentially sign up based upon ONLY the little info in Hika... -- They will only have the price for the rooms and their add ons, nothing else.

f. Take less time to set up Hika - Maybe by about 2 minutes tops. It is literally a cut and paste from ONLY the "Pricing Section" of the forum.

g. chance to test...Can you pls try it on something and let me see what it looks like . If it does not work then fine... we can try something else.

- Please review the two options and let me know which one you like:
https://www.singledi...-2018-p/product

or

https://www.singledi...-1-2018/product

#17 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 07 April 2018 - 06:32 AM

There is a link to the Hika Site to the forum for all info.

I have deleted all the other info except the room package pricing. See below...

I This will accomplish several thing....
a. A single place for all trip info - Yes I agree. I am a HUGE advocate for put it in once place for data integrity... However, there is also user interface issues.

b. Only one place to keep updated - I agree but how often do you change a trip price once it is open for booking? This is the ONLY info in there. And if you have to change room options I have to go into Hika anyway to change it is the SKUs and so I can change it at the same time. NO OTHER INFO will be duplicated.

c. Train people to read the trip details AND ALL OTHER info in the forums - I agree and there not be any extraneous info except the prices for the rooms they are booking. WHEN they book, if you don't put the info on how much they are spending on the Hika Page somewhere YOU FORCE them to go back and forth between the Hika page and the Forum page to determine the difference between the Cash and credit price. AND my guess is they won't remember the difference between the rooming options in complex rooms like RTB 2.

d. Send them to the forums - This still happens. They have to go there for ALL other info.

e. Keep people from signing up for a trip based upon a small fraction of the trip info. YES people will potentially sign up based upon ONLY the little info in Hika... -- They will only have the price for the rooms and their add ons, nothing else.

f. Take less time to set up Hika - Maybe by about 2 minutes tops. It is literally a cut and paste from ONLY the "Pricing Section" of the forum.

g. chance to test...Can you pls try it on something and let me see what it looks like . If it does not work then fine... we can try something else.

- Please review the two options and let me know which one you like:
https://www.singledi...-2018-p/product

or

https://www.singledi...-1-2018/product

I'm not sure of the problem you are trying to solve but I think alot of problems are caused by having both "Book Now" and a "Details" on the trip matrix table.  Simply removing "Book Now" from that table (or just making it as status instead of a live link) will force them to the forums first so that they see the information BEFORE booking.  There is no guarantee they will read it but most will and you can say "I know you saw it".  The content actually on the hika will be just the discount codes and such.

Not sure if that is your problem or not.  I will look at some today and see what they look like.

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 April 2018 - 05:07 PM

PAM I 'see' the difference and totally LOVE the first option that shows the pricing only (no real details) and send them to the trip info LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

Please make this the standard for now.

SCOTT...let me nosh on whether the problem goes away getting rid of the book now option on the table. I see pros and cons to it but it may be the ultimate solution.  LET ME THINK ON THIS FOR AWHILE.

Thank you both! Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#19 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:01 PM

St Croix, Roatan 3, and Bahamas have all be updated with the Hika Information window to include just the link to the forums and the package prices.  I will use this standard for all future trips.

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:09 AM

St Croix, Roatan 3, and Bahamas have all be updated with the Hika Information window to include just the link to the forums and the package prices.  I will use this standard for all future trips.

I am ONLY suggesting this change because it REALLY is a great idea. THANK YOU SCOTT!

I like his idea of doing the discounts and possibly the pricing too. That will help ensure they take the correct discount. Just add the discounts to the trip pricing OR just do the discounts. I can go either way and will allow Pan to decide. Thank yoU!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:10 AM

Thank you! I will get them open. Pls see Scott's suggestion to add the idscounts info...this is a really good idea. Thank you!

formerly...

#22 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:44 AM

Problem 1. I think the first problem may already be fixed on all the new trips... at the very end of "read more" there is a link to the forums page that sends them back to the forum to get more details.... I always add the URL when I build out HIKA.... I think the problem is a transition problem because this used to point to the articles that we don't use anymore (fairly recent change right?). I imagine these trips were built before this transition all started - so the links may not work for those trips....

Please review one of the new unopened trips and see if this answers their problem. If so, I can fix this for the old trips too. If not, please get more feedback to see what is it needs...You should be logged in since all the important trip details are still in hidden posts..

By the way, the only real text is a copy from the forums page (trip details) so it will be a very close if not exact match for consistency.

Problem 3 - I have the same issue all the time. To experience it, log out of the booking part and try to book a trip. Even if you are logged into the forums, it doesnt man you are logged into the booking system. It doesnt give an error... it just refreshes the page. I think we just need a button that says login to book if they arent logged in already... which you can likely assume they arent. I know the cart is configured right in Hika... it is a browser/login issue.

Problem #3 (the login to book issue) has been fixed the best way I see possible for Thailand Week #1.  That trip now requires login to get to the hika article.  Unfortunately after login it redirects you to "Upcoming Trips" instead of the login page.  Its a little bit awkward but it is the best I have right now.  A better solution may dawn on me in a day or two.

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:56 AM

NOT URGENT but possible user error issue....

Not urgent because we can manually manage the refund but.....it seems the user did not apply the coupon to their cart.

Background:

John Yaskowich  signed up for St Croix and said his coupon did not work properly. I asked him what he did as best as he could recall and this was his reply back to me. If you want to follow up further with more detailed questions please feel free to do so. My guess is he did not apply the coupon after entering it and wend to the add on's so it never applied it.

Here is his email to me.  In any event... we may have to add something about clicking to APPLY THE COUPON after entering it before adding add-on's etc. Or enter the coupon AFTER adding add-on's etc. Not sure the right answer but we may need to address it going forward. Thank you!

I copy/pasted the code from the forum page to the box on the sign up page. 

I think I then hit the options / extras button to see if Nitrox was avail 
then hit the checkout button.  On that page I entered my data and went on to the e-check 
option and finished checkout. I didn’t notice anything different from other signups. 
Hope this helps.

formerly...

#24 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:00 PM

Not urgent because we can manually manage the refund but.....it seems the user did not apply the coupon to their cart.

Background:

John Yaskowich  signed up for St Croix and said his coupon did not work properly. I asked him what he did as best as he could recall and this was his reply back to me. If you want to follow up further with more detailed questions please feel free to do so. My guess is he did not apply the coupon after entering it and wend to the add on's so it never applied it.

Here is his email to me.  In any event... we may have to add something about clicking to APPLY THE COUPON after entering it before adding add-on's etc. Or enter the coupon AFTER adding add-on's etc. Not sure the right answer but we may need to address it going forward. Thank you!

then hit the checkout button.  On that page I entered my data and went on to the e-check 
option and finished checkout. I didn’t notice anything different from other signups. 
Hope this helps.

I believe the site is ok.  The user did not mess up, we did.

This is another problem of different people using different language between our discount codes.

The standard should be (without the dashes) 18 - 3 letter airport code - amount - EBD,  For example:

St Croix: 18STX75EBD, for a $75 Early Booking Discount

Bahamas: 18NAS300EBD, for a $300 Early Booking Discount

I have updated the codes in St Croix please do not change them in the Forums -- they currently match.  I think we just need to use the proper structure from here on.  The Bahama codes were a similar problem.  From a process perspective, if we all use the same standard for every trip it will eliminate this problem.

Posting the specifics as well in the St. Croix forum recommend we issue him a refund for the EBD.

#25 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:26 AM

Background:

Hope this helps.

I believe the site is ok.  The user did not mess up, we did.

This is another problem of different people using different language between our discount codes.

The standard should be (without the dashes) 18 - 3 letter airport code - amount - EBD,  For example:

St Croix: 18STX75EBD, for a $75 Early Booking Discount

Bahamas: 18NAS300EBD, for a $300 Early Booking Discount

I have updated the codes in St Croix please do not change them in the Forums -- they currently match.  I think we just need to use the proper structure from here on.  The Bahama codes were a similar problem.  From a process perspective, if we all use the same standard for every trip it will eliminate this problem.

Posting the specifics as well in the St. Croix forum recommend we issue him a refund for the EBD.

Please set up the structure for FL and Best Of Mexico so that I can insert the numbers as I do not know the amts yet I will do but need to know the correct coding format you want. Thank you!

formerly...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users