• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

And what is everyone doing for the Holidays?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 FlIrishman

FlIrishman

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NTIROX - 500 DIVES, East Florida Coast wreck, reef and beach diving
  • Logged Dives:500

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:00 AM

Hmmmm - Christmas in Florida!

Well with all of the parties, trip to see parents in NJ, work stuff et al done - it's time for George's Things! Sleep late - maybe til 8! If the weather is warm [ over 70 ], then a long bicycle ride. A trip around the city or down to watch the ocean in my T-Top 1987 Buick Grand National. And in the afternoon cooking up a Bacon Wrapped Filet, Bug [ Florida Lobster which my freezer is filled with ], salad, spuds and a nice bottle of a Cab or two [ from my nice wine refrig ]!

Then the next few days, if the weather clears up some, some more bicycle riding, bug diving and maybe a few dives on Narcosis out of West Palm Beach.

It's gona be a Relaxful, No Stress, Fun Week of Christmas and the week after.

Geo / The Fl-Irishman

#17 markglist

markglist

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Cert Level:master scuba diver
  • Logged Dives:thousands

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:15 AM

ill be spending christmas over at one of my brothers, the kids love their uncle mark lol

#18 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:16 AM

Christmas at home, my daughter is going to Florida to visit her mom, my son and his girlfriend are coming up here I suspect to make an engagement announcement.
No Christmas dive for me, the lake at the end of the block is frozen over!

Attached Images

• 17.JPG

I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#19 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:37 AM

I am going to spend Christmas morning with my sweetheart. She flew up here from Florida on Saturday after the semester at Florida Tech was done and she posted the final grades for her students. Then we are getting together with some friends. On the 27th, we fly ourselves down to Florida (Ft. Myers) to visit my family. Then over to Melbourne to get our gear and see the kids. Then we either fly or drive to Pompano to see Donna's parents and go diving with Walter and other friends for the 5th annual New Years Eve dive. After that, it's back up here to Virginia. I've got to get back to work on the 4th of January. Donna doesn't have to be back in Florida for classes until they start on the 10th.
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#20 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:52 AM

Staying home! My dad lives in in Orlando, so that is not happening. (I said after Nuclear Power School that the best site that I have ever seen was that city/base in my rear view mirror, LOL. I am also out of vacation as I use it up during the Great Lakes wreck diving season.)

The dive shop tells me that they will have the neck seal on my dry suit (victim of the new Labrabor) repaired by next week so that I can take it on a New Year's Dive at Gilboa Quarry with my internet dive group. That will be interesting, as most of them are diving wet :) .
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#21 KBScarlett

KBScarlett

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox (aiming for Rescue)
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 21 December 2004 - 08:31 AM

I will be gathering at my father's house...always a riot, as he's on the "second family".....(my second set of siblings are 16 and 4).....so we get the true enjoyment of watching kids going wild over gifts...it's been a reminder to me lately what Christmas is about. I'd decided this year to make Christmas all about the various children in my life....whether siblings or my various friends' kids. It's been so fun trying to pick out the right gifts for each of them, rather than agonizing over gifts for the grown ups (which are always so much tougher). Toys and candy are so much more fun than sweaters and ties!
Then my older sister and I are hosting a get-together for the various un-familied friends around.....just games, fun and food with no pressure. We do this every few years and it's a blast. (Sunday will then be spent in recovery from this endeavor).

On the 29th I'll be headed out for my last dive of the season (it's just getting too cold in these parts :) on a three-tanker out of West Palm.....FlIrishman, if you're in town anyway, you're welcome to join us. It'll be an all day event.

Happy and Safe Holidays to everyone!

#22 HandyGeek

HandyGeek

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Cert Level:OW

Posted 21 December 2004 - 09:13 AM

Diving on Friday and Sunday at Ginnie Springs with someone from SD! I've been here for under a week and already I'm hooking up with dive buddies. I love it! Saturday with family, of course. Ciao!

Jeff

:)

#23 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 21 December 2004 - 09:16 AM

Christmas in the new house, unpacking stuff. Kids will come over sometime. A few friends over for drinks and snacks. Might have my new cat by then (my Xmas present to myself)

:)

Merry Xmas to all you guys!!!!
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#24 randy54

randy54

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 21 December 2004 - 10:27 AM

Bouncing around different friends homes. Hit the golf course, this afternoon in fact, and generaly have another quiet holiday, out here in the desert, and try to avoid the crazies.
You may not be able to smell the roses underwater, but you can sea horses.

#25 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 21 December 2004 - 11:42 AM

Going to my Nephews house as they are having the whole family over for the first time on a holiday.. I'll also be continuing to work on getting rid of this cold I have before the Coz trip.. ;)

#26 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 21 December 2004 - 12:03 PM

I'm visiting the relatives in CT and am already here freezing. Xmas eve is at my Mom's house and xmas is at my brother's who lives right next door. I have some pain killers to take when the kids get to much or the other relatives break into a fight. I only make it back about once every 3 years but that is enuff for me. Truth be known I'd rather be someplace warm diving. But if I don't visit them they threaten to come to CO and visit me. UGH!!! ;)

#27 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 21 December 2004 - 12:08 PM

Jamie - if that's your ski gear, what kind of suit do you scare the fish with? ;)

After the presents, we will feast on the traditional Christmas Lasagne, followed by the Happy Birthday Jesus cake. :wacko:

Actually, I wear really bright colors so that people (especially @#$%ing rude snowboarders) can easily see me and won't run into me - my sister needed five stitches to close a cut on her cheekbone when one of those idiots ran into her a few years ago. My brothers opt for more subdued tones, obviously.

Gotta love the lasagne for Christmas! I'll be having elk at Pine Creek.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#28 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 22 December 2004 - 10:03 AM

Brrr... Jamie, I hope you and Wendi enjoy that white stuff. I prefer mine well thawed.

Xiaoyan arrived yesterday after a 30-hour trip. We will go to the local church service Christmas Eve. Good thing the minister is a diver or he'd probably make some wise crack about the church ceiling caving in when I enter.

Christmas Day we will open our presents. Xiaoyan has never experienced an American Christmas so this will be a new experience for her. If conditions look decent, we may do a dive or two at the park. The air station and local LDS's are closed that day.

And of course I'll miss family, especially all my nieces and nephews who make the day special.

Merry Whichever Holiday You Celebrate...

Dr. Bill

#29 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 22 December 2004 - 11:02 AM

I will be doing the traditional eating too much food and drinking too much wine at my parents' place for Christmas. Once everyone has gotten adequately comfortable on a couch and almost in a state of sleep, there will then be the realization that the dogs need to be walked and that the barn still hasn't been cleaned. Verbal banter will ensue and my dad and I will be the ones to deal with the barn and then my mom will guilt me into walking to dogs with her... Gotta love Christmas tradition!! :clapping:

#30 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 22 December 2004 - 11:09 AM

Xiaoyan arrived yesterday after a 30-hour trip.

.... and? So? How's it going so far? Nosy minds want to know!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users