• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

PROCESS IMPROVEMENT: Having all SD.com business conducted via SD.com emails

7 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,709 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:53 AM

As we start to expand the volunteers helping the club we need to break the jobs into smaller and smaller realms. We also need to avoid using peoples personal emails for a variety of reasons:

• Clutters people's personal emails with SD stuff
  • If the email goes to the public it looks unprofessional
  • When a volunteer is a specific capacity either moves to another capacity or has to drop out of the group... we can have the new volunteer pick up where the old one left off and review the emails to better know what needs to be done as well as what has been done.

So far we have the following @SD.com emails for the following people. Please keep this list updated and add posts to bump when we add new emails. Also remind us if we need another @SD email for a helper along with a possible email name since this is all new. Please do NOT set up emails without my approval.

ACTIVE & APPROVED BY THE WENCH SD.COM EMAILS IN USE & MANAGED BY WHOM:

• Admin@SingleDivers.com - Brad aka dive_sail_etc
  • ForumsAdmin@SingleDivers.com - Butch (Joseph) aka CajunDiver
  • OrderAdmin@SingleDivers.com - Pam aka blue151
  • TripAdmin@SingleDivers.com - Sandy aka ScubaPunk
  • Trips@SingleDivers.com - Brad + any other TC's
  • Charlies@SingleDivers.com - Brad
  • Angels@SIngleDivers.com - Brad
  • Webmaster@SingleDivers.com - Brad
  • Billing@SingleDivers.com - Kamala aka WreckWench
  • Accounting@SingleDivers.com - the accountant who is not a diver so chooses to remain anonymous
  • AccountingSupport@SingleDivers.com - Sandra aka DiverSandra
  • FBPageAdmin@SingleDivers.com -Thor aka MatrixDiver
  • FBSupport@SingleDivers.com - Tami Palacky aka scubastar
  • feedback@singledivers.com - Kamala
  •  

Edited by Cajun Diver, 24 April 2019 - 06:39 AM.
Added Sandra screen name, Thor and Tami's email

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

Recommend Marketing@singledivers.com for Thor.  Then he should also be able to set up any additional marketing/social media/gallery sites with this email so others can manage it if he is gone.

I am new, but what is the Charles & Angels accounts used for?  I guess I never see them in practice lately... And it looks like Brad is primary on 5 emails boxes to monitor + any others that he covers as a backup.

Who owns "Info" and "Support"?  Any other ones that are out there somewhere on the site?

It is possible to get to many... I have also seen some crop up like Raja@singledivers.com, are we planning to use trip specific ones with different trip coordinators?

What about merchandise orders on the site, I know we aren't quite using them yet, but would this fall under OrderAdmin as well?

#3 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 21 March 2019 - 03:25 PM

Also, should Sandra have access to Billing and Accounting Support if she is sending out the payment reminders for anyone who have not paid for a trip?

#4 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:27 PM

Thor aka MatrixDiver has been set up as FBPageAdmin@SingleDivers.com and Tami Palacky aka scubastar as  FBSupport@SingleDivers.com.  I'll add them to the first post.

• Blue151 likes this

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,709 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:36 AM

Also, should Sandra have access to Billing and Accounting Support if she is sending out the payment reminders for anyone who have not paid for a trip?

I see Sandra's support as a stepping stone to further support and access. We need to see if she is up to the task and enjoys it and is well rec'd and can eventually figure out the back end systems needed to eventually possibly do the full acctg position. This is the one area where the greatest risks can arise so will be the slowest to move forward. Pls contact me for further discussion otherwise this is the first step I am comfortable taking right now.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,709 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:52 AM

Recommend Marketing@singledivers.com for Thor.  Then he should also be able to set up any additional marketing/social media/gallery sites with this email so others can manage it if he is gone.

I am new, but what is the Charles & Angels accounts used for?  I guess I never see them in practice lately... And it looks like Brad is primary on 5 emails boxes to monitor + any others that he covers as a backup.

Who owns "Info" and "Support"?  Any other ones that are out there somewhere on the site?

It is possible to get to many... I have also seen some crop up like Raja@singledivers.com, are we planning to use trip specific ones with different trip coordinators?

What about merchandise orders on the site, I know we aren't quite using them yet, but would this fall under OrderAdmin as well?

Briefly as I have several other matters pressing right now I must deal with but wanting to respect the efforts being generated to move these projects forward to me.

Our organization is 16 years old now and has a long legacy of ideas and projects tried tried both successful, prematurely and not successful at all.

So for example marketing is already used and currently I am retaining it for future use. Thor's main focus and expertise is FB hence the email I have him.

Regarding info@ that is one I use for marketing purposes and I reply to it although Brad monitors for when I am NOT in the country and may miss something.

Regarding support@ that is one that I used a long time ago and will also retain for future use.

Regarding raja@ and other destinations these are used for dropbox and if the new platform Thor has suggested works better for sharing pics then we won't need them anymore.

Regarding when we finally do merchandise we will have an email similar to yours Pam (orderadmin@) for the person setting up all the sku's in the shopping cart that we are selling. Currently I have not figured out how I want to handle merchandise and would think a separate topic for that specific discussion would be helpful.

Regarding Charlies & Angels they were our form of 'member support' and site fairies if you will when we first started off as we had a large number of college aged gals join the site when we first started and we quickly encountered the uglyness of the web so enacted a "charlie" to protect them as well as develop some pretty strict guidelines to protect all our members but especially our females. Charlies is still in use by Brad as our customer support email and I think Angels are inactive for now.

formerly...

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,709 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:55 AM

Thor aka MatrixDiver has been set up as FBPageAdmin@SingleDivers.com and Tami Palacky aka scubastar as  FBSupport@SingleDivers.com.  I'll add them to the first post.

These were requested and approved by me to set up. Thank you Butch.

formerly...

#8 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 24 April 2019 - 06:39 AM

From Kamala and Brad's email: email account created: feedback@singledivers.com

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users