• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Official SD Holiday Party...12-29-04

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 December 2004 - 07:15 AM

WOW! We had over 50 people at the Holiday party last night and it was a blast! Fortunately we were prepared...a smoked turkey, a smoked ham, a roasted turkey, a smoked lamb leg and more! In fact we still have enough food left over to do it again! I must say that the meat was smoked to perfection...the sides divine...but the company was extraordinary! We even had a couple of new people who just found out about us and contacted us for the first time last night! :cool1: You can imagine my delight when they arrived and I asked who they were with and they said "SingleDivers.com! :diver:

I wanted to thank everyone that brought food, arrived early to help, or helped to plan this event. It was a wonderful collective effort and of course to all those that attended! :2cool: I think we have now out grown my home so next year we may have to make other arrangements for the party's venue...but in the meantime...we sure had a ball last night! And yes...this time we did get pictures but only of about half of the people there. Seems we had about 4 cameras in the crowd but everyone was having so much fun that no one was taking pictures! However we do have a few pictures to share with our friends who couldn't join us to give them a taste of the fun...and speaking of tastes...I think we need to email Funewgy a picture of the food and drink that he asked for! If it looks half as good as it tasted...you are in for a treat! LOL!! :teeth:

Thank you all again...I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Hmmm....leftovers anybody??? :lmao:

p.s. we have set up a photo gallery for all the party pictures. You'll find it under SD Events and Activites Photo Galleries Click here for the party photo gallery!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 TatonkaDive

TatonkaDive

Getting started

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster

Posted 30 December 2004 - 08:28 AM

Hey!

Great party! Sorry that we couldn't stay longer...but you know the holidays...loads of parties! Thanks for getting us RE-stuffed! It was good to meet some of the awesome people who hang out here!
Stay wet!
tatonkadive

#3 Dejah

Dejah

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 30 December 2004 - 03:38 PM

It was definately a good party and it's always good to meet some new SD folks as well as seeing many which I know already!

I'm definately looking forward to seeing again some of the pictures that were taken and I know next years party will be even bigger and just as great!

Dejah

#4 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 03 January 2005 - 09:31 PM

I've started adding my pictures to the gallery. There will be more later in the week!!

#5 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 04 January 2005 - 11:49 AM

I'm bummed I didn't make it, but that said it was probably better that I stayed home. I am still recoving from my head cold (which I blame on Vegas) :teeth: ). Anyway, sounds like you guys had a great time.

Scott

:lam:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#6 Hurricane Gayle

Hurricane Gayle

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:52 PM

It was a fabulous party! I am constantly wowed by the people associated with SD! REAL people who love diving. The company was exceptional, the food was wonderful, and the hostess was flawless!

Thanks again!

Hurricane Gayle (I need an aviatar -- I know!)
Ask me about Happy Hours, Dive In Days and Social Events in YOUR city! Membership...its as easy as 1-2-3! -Hurricane Gayle, Membership Committee

#7 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 04 January 2005 - 09:53 PM

I think we all had a great time- the food was great! It was amazing how many people could fit in WW's kitchen at one time!!!! :birthday: It was nice to visit with every one - and we will have to find a bigger space for the next one!
Known puker

#8 sunlover

sunlover

Getting started

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:366

Posted 05 January 2005 - 10:43 AM

It was a great holiday party!! My thanks go to Kamala, Debbie, Kim, etc whose efforts made it happen. The food was great and I enjoyed meeting new SD.com members as well as seeing all my "old" dive buddies. Kamala, you looked awesome in your holiday costume. Thanks again. Tom (P.S. Kamala, where will the party be next year?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users