• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

OPEN: Need to update the Order Confirmation members get when they book a trip

10 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 02 February 2020 - 11:27 PM

So item #2 about why the order confirmation does NOT reflect the cash discount bugs people and we get a ton of emails and help tickets etc.  Seems people DO NOT READ despite being asked to do so...

1. Let's suggest any updates to the bullets below if needed.

2. Let's clarify the payment one ...I've been going back and forth with Mirce and I think we ironed out a better way to say it so will post that...

3. Put the IMPORTANT PLEASE READ in RED as well as the #2 bullet about the cash disc not showing up on the order confirmation but rather on the payment confirmation entitled "Thank You For Your Payment" email.

Maybe revise too...

Why is the dollar amount shown below the full price of trip and does not reflect any cash and/or coupon discounts?

All discounts will be reflected in your "My Payments" and the exact amount of your payment today will reflect ALL discounts including cash and/or Early Booking Discounts if applicable  that was charged to your method of payment. You will see it reflected in the courtesy "Thank You for your Payment" email that follows this one.(Our order system and payment system are not a single system yet; hence the 2 part process.) This 2nd email also means your payment went thru and you really are signed up for the trip!

Any other thoughts?

footer.png

Hi Zinfandel+1,
Important Please Read!!!

Thank you for joining us on this amazing trip. Your RESERVATION is below. Your PAYMENT MAY NOT be confirmed.

How to tell if payment is confirmed:

1. You will get a second email entitled "Thank You for your Payment". If you do not receive this email most likely your payment did not go thru. 2. You can check your MY PAYMENTS under MY TRIPS by logging into www.SingleDivers.com and clicking "My Trips" under TRIPS. 3. If you do not have the email and you do not see your payment(s) under My Trips (or do not see My Trips at all) then check your bank account or credit card to confirm no money was transacted and try again. (If the money was transacted email accounting@singledivers.com to let us know and we will fix it)

Why is the dollar amount shown below the full price of trip and does not reflect any cash and/or coupon discounts?

All discounts will be reflected in your "My Payments" and the exact amount of your payment today will reflect your discounts which will be contained in the courtesy "Thank You for your Payment" email that follows this one.(Our order system and payment system are not a single system yet; hence the 2 part process.)

What do I do next?

1. If your payment did not process then please try again. You will get an order acknowledgement every time you attempt an order. When you get the payment info they you are good to go. 2 If your payment transacted please don't forget to fill out your forms!!! You can check your "My Trips and My Payments" for order and payment history and to access the online trip documents we need completed for your upcoming trip with SingleDivers.com within 21 days to avoid late document fees or 3 days if within 45 days of the trip departure.

How do I get help?

If you need any help please contact admin@singledivers.com for further assistance.

- Thank you! SingleDivers.com

Summary of your order Name Unit price Qty Total diveboatsitepic.jpg

Raja Ampat April 18-28, 2020: D/O Snorkeller or Free Diver

Payment Option: Full

$2,573.00 1 $2,573.00 Total $2,573.00

Payment method : SingleDivers.com Online Payment

Once again, thank you for your order at https://www.singledivers.com/home/. We hope to see you again soon.
Best regards,
SingleDivers.com

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 01:17 PM

Any input? Or should Pam just update when she finds the right place in the system to update this? Thanks.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 03 February 2020 - 01:38 PM

Any input? Or should Pam just update when she finds the right place in the system to update this? Thanks.

Only a guess but depending on the order of the accounting process the initial ORDER RECEIVED message goes out before the discount is applied and written into the tables. All accounting info I expect is selected from the tables after being written there. The dilemma occurs when you want some notice of the order at least being received so there is a record in case there is a failure to complete payment, yet the discount and resulting invoiced amount is not available until payment is processed. The only thing that comes to mind is to remove any pricing mention from the initial message, simply present a summary of items booked and coupons applied. Include in the (already long winded IMO) initial message text a mention that final costs and discounts will appear in the final  ORDER COMPLETE message.

• Blue151 likes this
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 01:55 PM

Only a guess but depending on the order of the accounting process the initial ORDER RECEIVED message goes out before the discount is applied and written into the tables. All accounting info I expect is selected from the tables after being written there. The dilemma occurs when you want some notice of the order at least being received so there is a record in case there is a failure to complete payment, yet the discount and resulting invoiced amount is not available until payment is processed. The only thing that comes to mind is to remove any pricing mention from the initial message, simply present a summary of items booked and coupons applied. Include in the (already long winded IMO) initial message text a mention that final costs and discounts will appear in the final  ORDER COMPLETE message.

Tks Brad I think what is happening is that the order confirmation is generated by the shopping cart system and because we do not use 'their' payment processor the payment confirmation aka the "Thank you for your Paymant" is generated by OUR payment processor who we've had almost since inception. The two different systems can't communicate beyond what we do now.

That may be exactly what you just said... either way I want to call more attention to the statement above about why the coupon shows up (a function of the cart system) but the cash discount does not show up (a function of the payment system) and why the amt actually taken from their accounts is LESS by exactly the 3% than what the order confirmation says it is.

formerly...

#5 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 03 February 2020 - 09:24 PM

Tks Brad I think what is happening is that the order confirmation is generated by the shopping cart system and because we do not use 'their' payment processor the payment confirmation aka the "Thank you for your Paymant" is generated by OUR payment processor who we've had almost since inception. The two different systems can't communicate beyond what we do now.

That may be exactly what you just said... either way I want to call more attention to the statement above about why the coupon shows up (a function of the cart system) but the cash discount does not show up (a function of the payment system) and why the amt actually taken from their accounts is LESS by exactly the 3% than what the order confirmation says it is.

I am still looking for this one in the system, may take some time to find since it crosses both systems.  Once I find it, I will see what I can do with it given how it is coded in the system.

I like Brad's Idea of taking out the amount of the order and leaving that in the payment confirmation page, but not sure I can make that happen very easily. 

If only we could get rid of the discount, and make it a additionally fee.  :)  In Colorado it is legal to charge a fee.  But I know it is not in FL, so we are stuck with a coding a discount in the system.

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:51 PM

I am still looking for this one in the system, may take some time to find since it crosses both systems.  Once I find it, I will see what I can do with it given how it is coded in the system.

I like Brad's Idea of taking out the amount of the order and leaving that in the payment confirmation page, but not sure I can make that happen very easily. 

If only we could get rid of the discount, and make it a additionally fee.  :)  In Colorado it is legal to charge a fee.  But I know it is not in FL, so we are stuck with a coding a discount in the system.

The credit card companies only had to get 1-2 states to chg the rules so they could mess it up for anyone doing business with every state. Scott and I went round and round with this until he convinced me that it only took one disgruntled person (those were the days of Tammy aka Landlocked who was forming her own club; to report us and it would be game over).  So we went from the OTP system which adds the 3% if you use a credit card to the current system since they could not make a cash discount illegal anywhere.

That being said thank you for all the effort and thank you for your inputs....in fact thanks to everyone for your input.

If all else fails you may be able to ask Scott where its at since he made the original content info we currently have posted in the confirmation notice.   Tks again!

formerly...

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:14 PM

Any luck finding this yet? Thank you!

formerly...

#8 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:52 PM

Trump reversed that stupid law in one of his first executive orders so a 3% fee is now legal nationwide.  The reason the discount it is not reflected in the Hika email is that Hika does not have a variable to reflect that kind of discount.  The cash concept doesn't exist in its world so a cash discount doesn't either.  I had to intercept the amount and reduce it for processing before it went to the email.  If you check the Hika records in the back end they will show full payment every time.  There is no way around it that would not be clunky. 

As I have been saying for years, people don't read paragraphs online.  Make it shorter and they will read it.  It needs to be at most one sentence added to the email.  A paragraph won't work.  When was the last time you read terms of service online?  People don't read them either.

A workable option is to suppress the Hika email and they just get the email with the correct amount it from Forte.  Somebody can follow up and send them a longer email with more information in it at a later date.  Anything else is spinning your wheels.

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:45 PM

Trump reversed that stupid law in one of his first executive orders so a 3% fee is now legal nationwide.  The reason the discount it is not reflected in the Hika email is that Hika does not have a variable to reflect that kind of discount.  The cash concept doesn't exist in its world so a cash discount doesn't either.  I had to intercept the amount and reduce it for processing before it went to the email.  If you check the Hika records in the back end they will show full payment every time.  There is no way around it that would not be clunky. 

As I have been saying for years, people don't read paragraphs online.  Make it shorter and they will read it.  It needs to be at most one sentence added to the email.  A paragraph won't work.  When was the last time you read terms of service online?  People don't read them either.

A workable option is to suppress the Hika email and they just get the email with the correct amount it from Forte.  Somebody can follow up and send them a longer email with more information in it at a later date.  Anything else is spinning your wheels.

Thanks for the input. The longer email is still a cya for me. At least I can refer to it and they say "oh" I see now. Plus truthfully I have no idea how to shorten it to be viable and useful that they would read and understand.

I did not know the law had been reversed. WOO!!! HOO!!!

formerly...

#10 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:29 AM

Thanks for the input. The longer email is still a cya for me. At least I can refer to it and they say "oh" I see now. Plus truthfully I have no idea how to shorten it to be viable and useful that they would read and understand.

I did not know the law had been reversed. WOO!!! HOO!!!

It was reversed nationally since it dramatically impeded business but some states are monumentally stupid and are likely to keep it or enhance it just out of spite.  You might want to at least check with CA and NY before considering it actually off the table.

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 08:21 PM

At this time we will continue to offer cash discount as we have always done and see how it plays out. Too hard to change until we know its a permanent change. Tks for the input!

formerly...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users