• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

TWEET TWEET...what do you want SD.com to TWEET TO YOU?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 June 2020 - 11:02 AM

SingleDIvers.com has has a Twitter account for a number of years and has attracted a number of followers. However we've not been too great in sending out relevant tweets or sending consistent tweets.

• Some say you should tweet great topics trending on the site or those you want input on
  • Some say we should only tweet when trips are open or when early booking discounts will be expiring etc
  • Some say we should do basically what we do on other social media platforms because those on Twitter don't hang out on other platforms.

But we want to know what YOU SAY??? What do you want to see on Twitter and tell us if you mostly use twitter or would consider using Twitter if you saw certain content on it.  By differentiating existing user content requests on Twitter vs potential new user content requests on Twitter we can make better decisions as to that final content. We can also try a variety of content ideas and ask you to tell us if you want to see more or less of this type of content.

And since we now have an UBER VOLUNTEER who would like to help us with our Twitter account please share your thoughts with us.

After all...it ain't worth a twit if the tweets aren't read by anyone! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 tickledone

tickledone

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver / Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:178

Posted 19 June 2020 - 09:39 PM

SingleDIvers.com has has a Twitter account for a number of years and has attracted a number of followers. However we've not been too great in sending out relevant tweets or sending consistent tweets.

• Some say you should tweet great topics trending on the site or those you want input on
  • Some say we should only tweet when trips are open or when early booking discounts will be expiring etc
  • Some say we should do basically what we do on other social media platforms because those on Twitter don't hang out on other platforms.

IMHO - this needs to be mix of above + plus occasional fun items as well as relevant links for people who are like many of us, single divers. (BTW, Youtube tells me that the dating website for divers is gosporty.)

And, maybe the occasional retweet of cute sea otter videos, because you know...they're pawsome. (I really just wanted to use that tonight.)

All kidding aside, you don't want to inundate with too many messages. When COVID-19 was ramping up, my feeds blew up with everyone's experiences and recommendations and links that it was too much. So, I would go with 1, 2, occasional pics from trips, video clips, other trips/tips, promoting our sponsors. In terms of advertising across social media platforms, I would recommend coming up with a series of messages across topics (for example, trip announcements, etc.) that would be scheduled for posting (for example, I receive a social media blast email from an organization for which I participate with FB, Twitter, IG posts suggested for Monday-Friday.) These require some planning, but it has provided us the opportunity to promote the organization in a bit of a standardized way.  

• WreckWench likes this

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 June 2020 - 01:59 PM

IMHO - this needs to be mix of above + plus occasional fun items as well as relevant links for people who are like many of us, single divers. (BTW, Youtube tells me that the dating website for divers is gosporty.)

And, maybe the occasional retweet of cute sea otter videos, because you know...they're pawsome. (I really just wanted to use that tonight.)

All kidding aside, you don't want to inundate with too many messages. When COVID-19 was ramping up, my feeds blew up with everyone's experiences and recommendations and links that it was too much. So, I would go with 1, 2, occasional pics from trips, video clips, other trips/tips, promoting our sponsors. In terms of advertising across social media platforms, I would recommend coming up with a series of messages across topics (for example, trip announcements, etc.) that would be scheduled for posting (for example, I receive a social media blast email from an organization for which I participate with FB, Twitter, IG posts suggested for Monday-Friday.) These require some planning, but it has provided us the opportunity to promote the organization in a bit of a standardized way.  

EXCELLENT INPUT!!!  Thank you so much!

Anyone else? :pray:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users