Greetings all -
After some deep reflection and navigating work policies - I have had to make a change in plans (imagine that in this pandemic) for my professional dive training!
Some (All? None?) of you might know that I had a grand plan to go to Roatan to do a divemaster internship and IDC. Given continued uncertainty around international travel, and policies regarding personal international travel at work, I had to make the decision to forgo travel to the Bay Islands in order to maximize the time I'd been given off.
When one door closes, another one opens, though. Combined with Hawaii potentially waiving quarantine with negative testing (now delayed to 9/1), the rescheduling of the Ironman World Championship, and no quarantine before returning work requirement- things lined to up for me to head there to go pro. Kona is a very special place for me - as it was where I became a rescue diver (and where I learned that I actually do get seasick and the greatness of meclizine).
I'll be in Kona from early September through late October. If anyone else is around - feel free to wave and say "hi". And, if anyone in the are would be interested in the potential for some shore diving, I'd be up for it!