• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

St Croix is OPEN FOR DIVING...with restrictions. Would you book with them?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:47 PM

So St Croix is open for diving and June was a banner month and July is stacking up to be the same. Only here is the twist..

• If you wish to travel to St Croix you live in a state that's in the hot zones or you MUST get a cv19 test to prove you are not infected.  HERE is the list. A 'hot zone' is 10% or higher infection rates.
  • You must take the test 5 days prior to prove yo are not infected with cv19 and show these results to country officials upon entry. If you are found to test positive (even a false positive) you will not be able to make the trip. (DIVEASSURE is coming out with a policy to protect this ..will be announced in July!)
  • Anyone booking a trip to St Croix will pay a larger than normal deposit to set up a trip/hold a spot due to increase demand (in spite of extra entry requirements) as to not tie up limited inventory. Rates do not appear to have gone up substantially so that is a good thing.

Granted these are the rules as of today and they will ebb and flow as statistics, science and govt influences play out.

So my question is... should we attempt a trip there this year since we have just lost our Bonaire trip due to EU commonwealth ties related to Europe's travel bans to the US and our Dominica trips in Nov as well. I am waiting to hear from our travel partners but the airlines have already cancelled our tickets which is a clear sign the trip is off for this year.

So would anyone want to travel to St Croix this fall? And if so would you be willing to accept the travel restrictions they have put into place to stop the spread of cv19?

Edited by WreckWench, 19 July 2020 - 07:38 AM.
Clarifications made on who has to test and that no one is excluded unless personally infected

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:35 AM

CORRECTIONS:

1. No one is excluded unless you are personally infected
  2. No states are excluded even if in the hot zones (they have to be tested)
  3. If you live in a non hot zone you do not need to test

So...if you live in a state with over 10% infection rate per the link supplied above then you have to do the test. If you are coming from the other states you do not. So this clarification removes one very large obstacle to diving again!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 21 July 2020 - 07:25 AM

In many locations, including North Texas, it can take 8-10 days to get results so a 5 day or 72hr (per Roatan) limit is impossible to meet.

Nobody really knows when this will change so I doubt many people can even answer the question of when or if they can take a trip until this silliness settle down.

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 02:47 PM

In many locations, including North Texas, it can take 8-10 days to get results so a 5 day or 72hr (per Roatan) limit is impossible to meet.

Nobody really knows when this will change so I doubt many people can even answer the question of when or if they can take a trip until this silliness settle down.

Mostly the question was to see if we should try and set anything up for St Croix.  They have better than last year tourism so far this year since they are one of the few places open.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users