Hello to all. Its been a wild ride and the rodeo is still not over.
To help everyone understand where each of our trips stand related to covid we are creating a special topic that will be linked to the main trip details topic #1 and will provide periodic updates as we have them. If you know information or have information related to the country or our provider PLEASE email firstname.lastname@example.org so I can assess and add to our running list of important updates. and
MASTER LIST OF UPDATES IMPORTANT TO THIS TRIP: BONAIRE ORIGINALLY JUL 2020 & NOW AUG 7-14, 2021
- Trip rescheduled from Jul 2020 to Aug 7-14, 2021.
- Pricing for 2021 is officially higher than 2020 pricing which is normal and expected due to increased costs of food, services etc due to covid. (Yes deals will be found for specific timeframes but no entity expecting to remain in business will be lowering prices across the board for 2021 from their 2020 pricing. And most have to increase them with Bonaire being one of those entities.
- Since SD.com prides itself on taking care of its members...we have agreed to absorb all price increases for 2021 for those who have already signed up and/or sign up during covid OR before we fully revise the trip offering for new sign ups. (This process has been quite slow due to ongoing nature of other trips continually cancelling so you can still book at 2020 prices for 2021.)
- At this time there are no add'l discounts available but we are looking at possible re-opening discounts when and if the new pricing is updated for future trip goers.
- Bonaire has now released it's reopening plans and covid requirements. See below.
BONAIRE RE-OPENING & COVID POLICIES:
- On Saturday, February 6, 2021 Delta Airlines will resume its weekly direct flights from Atlanta (ATL).
- On February 13, 2021, American Airlines’ Wednesday and Saturday routes from Miami (MIA) and United Airlines’ non-stop Saturday flights to/from Houston (IAH) and Newark (EWR) will begin scheduled service to Bonaire.
- To avoid 10 days quarantine at your own cost, travelers must have proof of a negative PCR test taken 72 hours prior to their arrival. Additionally, travelers must complete a health declaration form for the Public Health Department, 48 hours prior to departure, which may be downloaded at https://bonairepubli...lth.org/en/form.
- Visitors will be able to take a PCR test or Antigen test on the island to meet US CDC requirements for return to the United States. (More info will be available closer to trip time as to whether the test is administered at the hotel or you go into town to take the test. )
- Divi Resort SPECIFIC COVID POLICIES ARE EVOLVING and will be posted as fully established and/or as they change to reflect the ongoing nature of the pandemic. In general they pertain to cleanliness procedures around the resort and dive operation, mask wearing protocols on and off hotel property and social distancing requirements on and off property.
INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO THE CDC'S US RESIDENT TESTING TO RETURN TO THE US:
On Jan 12th the CDC announced that starting Jan 26th anyone entering the US must pass either a rapid/antigen test or a PCR test within 72 hrs of travel to the US and produce a 'negative' result.
SingleDivers.com had prior to this received NO advance warning nor had other travel suppliers that this was coming down the pike. We immediately reached out to our Roatan supplier for whom we were traveling too Jan 23-30th as well as our Cozumel supplier for whom we were traveling to Feb 20-27, 2021. Each of them said the same thing....
- No problem we are all set up. WHAT? How can that be? Did you get advance warning? Their reply was "NO" but Canada started requiring the same thing 3 weeks earlier so they knew we would do it sooner or later so they were already set up.
- The testing is done either at your hotel or in a nearby med clinic/facility. You can do either test and the results are returned to you in one day.
- The cost is anywhere from $60-$125 for the test. Roatan was $63, Cozumel is $60 etc. We do not know the final price for every island yet but its always in this range. A few higher end properties are including the fee in their pricing but you basically paid for it paying more in the first place.
- When you get to the airport you fill out a form and show the negative covid test at the departure airport. In the case of Roatan on Jan 30th and Feb 2, 2021....the test was NEVER ASKED FOR AGAIN. No additional online forms were required and no one in the US asked about the test or the form you filled out. (This may change but for now this is how its being rolled out. If it changes we will advise you.)
- And that's it...its simple...easier than getting the test in the US and compliance was a breeze.
Since this is an evolving matter we will keep you updated as we learn more and/or procedures evolve.
INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO SINGLEDIVERS.COM'S AUGUST 2021 TRIP:
- Currently we are using 2020 pricing and honoring it for 2021.
- Everyone signed up on the 2020 trip is price protected for 2021 pricing and can rebook with the group or at any time they wish to travel. (The group trip is now Aug 7-14 ,2021)
- Covid Testing protocols evolve and as the rates for covid fall in the US entry requirements will lessen around the world
- This destination is monitored regularly for updates
- Questions can be addressed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Edited by WreckWench, 17 February 2021 - 07:30 AM.