Hey gang...this trip will open soon but in the meantime let's start letting people who are 'in' be able to start discussing carpooling from the NE or FL as well as those who want to carpool from the airport in RDU to Morehead (MHC).
So let us know if you WANT to carpool and if you have a car or need someone with a car. If flying in let us know if you plan to rent a car and/or want to share with someone who rents a car.
NOTES & TIPS TO HELP IN YOUR PLANNING:
- You can fly to RDU Raleigh or New Bern but I recommend RDU for cheaper rates or New Bern for being closer.
- Unless you want to check out of the hotel on the 25th and then dive and then drive ...you will need to plan to stay an extra night ie the 25th and depart the 26th.
- The earliest we could be back on the 25th if you are driving home that night could be approx 2-3pm but probably later. We can not control the seas, nor the wrecks we see each day because we have to juggle other divers and viz and conditions. So we try to do the closest wrecks on the last day so we have the shortest ride back but its not always possible to do so.
THOSE CARPOOLING FROM THE NE (Northeast):
1. Maddie aka Mirce - Will be driving down from NJ. Can carpool if anyone is headed down from NY/NJ or any states I'll drive through on my way
2. Jeff aka sparky103 - Driving from NYC
THOSE CARPOOLING FROM NORTH OF NC:
THOSE CARPOOLING FROM FL or South of NC:
1. Brad aka dive_sail_etc - Driving from Southwest Georgia through SC
THOSE CARPOOLING FROM/NEAR THE RDU AIRPORT:
1. Butch aka Cajun Diver - Fly into RDU on the 21st, rent a car, drive to Morehead City, then back on the 26th. Depending on flights I may stay a night near RDU on the way back then home the next day.
THOSE CARPOOLING FROM/NEAR THE NEW BERN AIRPORT/AREA:
1. Ed aka Diver Ed - Driving from S.C. I will be up a couple of days early for time with family in New Bern. I may be able to help those flying in and out of New Bern
THOSE CARPOOLING FROM OTHER PLACES:
THOSE DRIVING BUT UNABLE TO CARPOOL TO/FROM:
THOSE DRIVING & WOULD LIKE TO SHUTTLE DIVERS WITH THEM TO/FROM HOTEL TO DIVE SHOP (parking is a nightmare so we need to consolidate into as few cars as we can):
Edited by Cajun Diver, 10 June 2021 - 10:45 AM.