OPEN FOR BUSINESS, TRAVEL, DIVING & PLEASURE:Diving During COVID 19 with Olympus Divers
The safety & well-being of our divers, staff, and crew are a Top Priority here at Olympus Dive Center. We have changed a few things around the store and implemented new policies for the dive boats, and appreciate your help with these safety measures.
If you are feeling unwell or sick (i.e., persistent cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, OR at least two of the following: fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell), please give us a call to reschedule. DO NOT enter the Dive Shop. DO NOT Dive. This list is not all-inclusive: please seek medical advice as soon as possible.
Olympus Dive Center wants to help you get back underwater as safely as possible. These are the changes that we have implemented that will allow us to take you diving.
Checking In at the Dive Shop:
- All Staff & Guests are asked to wear a face cover.
- Please print and fill out the Olympus Dive Center Waiver Form prior to arrival. Hand your completed waiver form to Olympus Staff. Please have your certification card out and ready to show to Olympus staff. Don't forget your Nitrox c-card, if you are planning on diving Nitrox.
- The dive shop will be disinfected throughout the day, please avoid touching things unless necessary or purchasing.
- All rental equipment and tanks will be sanitized by our staff members. Please do not touch other diver's gear.
- We will be taking everyone's temperature before handing out Boarding Passes.
On the Dive Boat:
- All Dive Crew & Guests are required to wear a face cover (Executive Order #13998)
- Please have all your dive gear (excluding tanks) inside a gear bag or bin upon boarding the dive boat.
- We encourage everyone to bring their own reusable water bottle.
- Please remember to bring a towel, snacks or lunch, and personal disinfecting products. No bleach products allowed on board.
- Marine Head - Please remember that no paper towel products or wipes are to be placed in the toilet. There is a trash can in the bathroom for those products. Toilet Paper ONLY in the marine head.
- Please do not spit in your mask or on the deck of the boat. If you do not have Defog solution, we have spray bottles of Defog on board. There will be NO communal mask rinse bucket. We will have jugs of water to splash into your masks if needed.
- The dive boat will be disinfected at the end of each dive trip.
- End of Dive Day - ALL dive equipment and tanks must be removed from the boat to allow the crew to properly sanitize and disinfect the boat for the next day's dive trip.
- We recommend that each diver bring a personal rubbermaid/bin/tub to store their dive equipment overnight in their car or hotel room.
Back at the Shop:
- We will have three rinse bins set up for rinsing and disinfecting dive gear. Bin #1 will have a bleach solution and Bin #2 & #3 will be freshwater. We also have a few hoses that can be used for freshwater rinsing.
- Please return rental tanks or your personal tanks to be filled to the appropriate Fill Box (White for Air and Green for Nitrox).
- Please enter the dive shop with a face cover when paying for rental tanks or fills for the following day.
- Only Scuba Tanks will be allowed to be loaded on the boat for the following day after the boat has been scrubbed and disinfected.
Tips to help keep you safe and minimize risk for exposure.
- Divers should sanitize their dive equipment, especially - masks, snorkels, whistles, orally inflated SMB's, BCD oral inflators, and second stages of regulators. All Olympus Dive Center rental dive equipment is be disinfected immediately after each use.
- Use a defog solution instead of spit for your mask.
- Dive buddies should not use/share the same mouthpiece unless it's an emergency situation.
- Carry disinfectant solution in your dive bag in case needed.
- Wear a face cover (i.e., face mask, gaiter, buff, bandana, etc.)
- Practice proper hygiene, including frequently washing your hands, coughing or sneezing into your elbow, and not touching your face.
We appreciate your help and understanding with these guidelines that we have in place for your and our health and safety.
Robert Purifoy and all the Olympus Dive Center Staff
Please feel free to ask questions below in this topic or email email@example.com. Thank you!