• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Aquamarine - just signed up!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:~60

Posted 16 June 2021 - 03:29 AM

Hi, Im from the UK and just joined the group yesterday!
I returned from diving in Antigua last Wednesday and am already missing the peace and tranquillity you get from being under water so thought I would sign up and check out where I can dive next!
I lived in Antigua for a year a while back and learnt to dive there, and all my dives have been there because I know the people and felt safe. I think its time to experience new places but with the support of going with you guys and gals!
Looking forward to going on a dive back end of this year or beginning of next; Im not looking for anything too challenging for my first dive in a new destination so any advice would be most welcome...
  • dive_sail_etc likes this

#2 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 16 June 2021 - 03:49 AM

Hello and Welcome to SingleDivers.com!

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#3 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 16 June 2021 - 12:54 PM

Hello Sue, and welcome to SingleDivers.com.  I found this group about 12 years ago myself, and have been on 15-20 trips with them over the years.  Having done

many trips outside the group prior to joining, I was experienced with getting paired with a roommate / dive buddy on a trip, and having to deal with everything that

went along with that.  Kamala and her crew do a wonderful job of pairing similar types of people for rooming, as well as for diving.  The group has a wide range of 

divers as far as experience goes.  That said, I was very pleasantly surprised to see how friendly and helpful so many people are.  Unlike so many trips I have been on,

a SingleDivers trip is not full of cliques. The dive calendar is a bit lighter than it usually is, as Kamala is still trying to address all of the cancelled trips from last year.  

Currently she is running a Cozumel trip in Sept, and again next July.  There are also two trips to Dominica in November.  Either of those may be a good option for a Fall trip.  

If either the Cozumel or Dominica trips are of interest to you, and you have any questions, Kamala will be back in about a week and a half I think, once the Red Sea trip

she is currently leading has concluded.  Hopefully we will see you on a trip this Fall.

Ed

#4 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 16 June 2021 - 05:45 PM

Hi, Im from the UK and just joined the group yesterday!
I returned from diving in Antigua last Wednesday and am already missing the peace and tranquillity you get from being under water so thought I would sign up and check out where I can dive next!
I lived in Antigua for a year a while back and learnt to dive there, and all my dives have been there because I know the people and felt safe. I think its time to experience new places but with the support of going with you guys and gals!
Looking forward to going on a dive back end of this year or beginning of next; Im not looking for anything too challenging for my first dive in a new destination so any advice would be most welcome...

Hello again Sue! What a splendid introduction, we learned muc about your dive history and preferences in one quick sunny post!

As Ed says, either Cozumel in September or even better, low current and amazing reefs/walls for November in Dominica (not to be confused with the Dominican Republic but you probably know this from the time you spent in Antigua). Whatever you choose we know you will find the club's members overall to be safe and fun with a broad spectrum of experiences and certifications. Evening social hours are always full of lively conversation, and the daily diving schedule tends to limit partying for a good night's rest. :rolleyes:

Splash around the subForums and check out topics that interest you! We look forward to hearing more from you soon. :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#5 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,751 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 16 June 2021 - 05:50 PM

:hiya:  Sue and  :welcome:  to the fabulous world of Singledivers.com.  It's the best place for buddyless diving adventures,  Kamala and crew put on the best trips to wonderous places.  As suggested above, Cozumel or Dominica would be great dive trips to have a blast with fun people :dance:   Hope you are on a trip soon,

Kathy aka little mermaid 

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 June 2021 - 11:23 PM

HELLO FROM EGYPT!!! Home of the Pharaohs!!!

And welcome! Dominica is lovely but a bit harder to get too travel wise as the largest plane only holds 30 passengers or so and fill up quickly. Pretty much like Antigua.   The best diving in Dominica is on the windward side where the Atlantic and Caribbean meet and so is not ideal for really newer divers. So while the leeward side is... and if you were only doing a couple of dives then yes I'd suggest DOM but since we are doing a week and trying to maximize the BEST the island has to offer... it would be my second choice for you after Cozumel. Cozumel is fun and amazing diving and the reefs are coming back so strong now that it is breath taking. PLUS you can see big animals you will not see in DOM nor many other places. We've been there 5 x in the last 15 months or so and its STILL AMAZING... so it would be my first choice for a super new diver.

We are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad you found us and super happy you have jumped on board. As many have said...this group is super friendly and we have a lot of Brits in our club as well as many Europeans!

Splash around and revisit old topics and feel free to start new ones. The forums are like an electronic filing cabinet.  :welcome: Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users