Hello to all. Its been a wild ride and the rodeo is still not over.
To help everyone understand where each of our trips stand related to covid we are creating a special topic that will be linked to the main trip details topic #1 and will provide periodic updates as we have them. If you know information or have information related to the country or our provider PLEASE email email@example.com so I can assess and add to our running list of important updates. and
NOTE: We broke the code getting to Roatan in Dec 2020 and Jan 2021...we learned the tips and tricks and insider tricks...including what to do when you hit a snag...SO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE CODE. We will spell it all out for you prior to the trip!
MASTER LIST OF UPDATES IMPORTANT TO THIS TRIP: ROATAN "MARCH MADNESS" Mar 19-26, 2022:
- If you need to travel a early to save on airfare...we have 2-3 rooms on hold for the week before Mar 12-19 BUT we can only sell a min of 3 days early since they will lose revenue by allowing early arrivals. The same holds true for those staying later. We have several rooms but you need to plan to stay at least 3 days.
- Roatan has been open for awhile BUT requires a few covid compliance measures including:
- Negative COVID test within 72 hrs or flying IF not vaxed.
- You can do a Rapid or PCR... Rapid gives you more time to meet the deadlines.
- If you are vaxed you only need to show your vaccination card.
- Online application with the country of Honduras which includes uploading your passport and affixing it to the application. (The application is a bit quirky but we have a question by question primer for you so its EASY!)
- Reasonable social distancing and mask wearing mandates at the resort, in town, etc. (Usually on property the requirements are less stringent and this was the case at Mayan Princess and Las Rocas so we should not encounter any issues)
- The day before departure to Roatan (or up to 48 hrs prior) you need to fill out the online Hondurian survey again and affix your passport again to fly home. MAKE SURE TO DO THIS AT LEAST 24 hr before flying or you will not get the results back in time to show at the airport when you arrive and they check for this form.
- More coming as we have it.
TRAVEL TO ROATAN HONDURAS
The Honduran government resumed international flights on August 17, 2020.
Travelers must present a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR or Rapid test result issued within 72 hours before arrival. - ONLY DO THE RAPID TEST. Plan to test 48 hrs before so if you get a negative you have another day to get tested. Or if you have flight issues...the test is still good if you fly a day later.
A completed form must be submitted at https://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn/ before departure. - NOTE: We will give you step by step directions for filling out this form. The "English" version has questions in English but the answers are in Spanish so still confusing.
Travelers with symptoms consistent with COVID-19, who within the last 14 days have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or traveled to a country with confirmed cases, may be isolated in a medical center or at the traveler’s place of residence/temporary stay for monitoring by the Ministry of Health for up to 14 days. - THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE IF YOU HAVE NO SYMPTOMS AND YOUR NEGATIVE TEST NEGATES THIS. This mostly applies to local residents returning home.
RETURN TO THE US:
If you are returning to any other country besides the US please verify your entry requirements.
The return to the US you need a negative ANTIGEN aka RAPID test 48 hrs before flying.
We have organized with the hotel to have the testers come to the Hotel to administer the test for $50 US per person for the test fee and the travel to the hotel fee.
The test will be administered so as to NOT interfere with diving and/or other group activities.