Hey gang...this trip will open as soon as we get final pricing from the dive operator and the hotel operator but in the meantime let's start letting people who are 'in' be able to start discussing carpooling from the NE or FL as well as those who want to carpool from the airport in RDU to Morehead (MHC) or even New Bern.
So let us know if you WANT to carpool and if you have a car or need someone with a car. If flying in let us know if you plan to rent a car and/or want to share with someone who rents a car.
NOTES & TIPS TO HELP IN YOUR PLANNING:
- You can fly to RDU Raleigh or New Bern but I recommend RDU for cheaper rates or New Bern for being closer.
- Unless you want to check out of the hotel on the 4th and then dive and then drive ...you will need to plan to stay an extra night ie the 4th and depart the 5th.
- The earliest we could be back on the 4th if you are driving home that night could be approx 2-3pm but probably later. PLUS IT'S THE HOLIDAY SO WHY RUSH HOME? We can not control the seas, nor the wrecks we see each day because we have to juggle other divers and viz and conditions. So we try to do the closest wrecks on the last day so we have the shortest ride back but its not always possible to do so.
- NOTE: If flying out of RDU you can safely leave Morehead/Atlantic Beach around 11 am or even 10:30 am ON THE 5th get early lunch in Goldsboro at our FAV BBQ sandwich place Wilbers and then drive to the airport arriving around 3 while still being able to stop for lunch and allowing for some traffic. You can drop a car and still make a flight EASILY at 6 or 7 or even earlier. It is 3-4 hrs from Atlantic Beach to RDU so flying the same day as leaving for the airport is EASY especially going WEST.
THOSE DRIVING IN FROM THE NE (Northeast):
THOSE DRIVING IN FROM NORTH OF NC:
- Rebecca aka BrefootBook - I'd be driving from northern VA. Open to carpooling, but may stop by family near North Myrtle on the way there or back if no one rides with me. Happy to help shuttle people and stuff.
THOSE DRIVING IN FROM FL or South of NC:
- Brad aka dive_sail_etc - Driving from Southwest Georgia through SC
THOSE DRIVING IN FROM/NEAR THE RDU AIRPORT:
THOSE DRIVING IN FROM/NEAR THE NEW BERN AIRPORT/AREA:
THOSE DRIVING IN FROM OTHER PLACES:
THOSE DRIVING BUT UNABLE TO CARPOOL TO/FROM:
THOSE DRIVING & WOULD LIKE TO SHUTTLE DIVERS WITH THEM TO/FROM HOTEL TO DIVE SHOP (parking is a nightmare so we need to consolidate into as few cars as we can):
- Brad aka dive_sail_etc
- Rebecca aka BrefootBook