• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

How to force full payment within a short timeframe of a trip?

4 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 06 February 2022 - 06:02 AM

Our postings say that full payment is due 90 days in advance. Sometimes 60.  Yet people can still sign up for the dep when signing up within these timelines prior to a trip causing extra work.

I thought that as you signed up the system would close off the deposit option when it required the full amount but this probably has to be a manual process to be completed to turn it off so that withhin a certain period of time before the trip...the dep is no longer an option.

Can we do this after we have opened a trip? Remove the deposit option?
And if so when do we want to agree it should be removed? 60 days prior? And then work our way to 90? 

Thank you for your input. Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 06 February 2022 - 08:15 AM

Go back in at 60-90 days and change the deposit to the full amount.  Only real option.

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 06 February 2022 - 09:38 AM

Go back in at 60-90 days and change the deposit to the full amount.  Only real option.

Thanks Scott. I figured this was the way to do this. Thank you! Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 February 2022 - 10:01 AM

If you want to do this, I recommend 90 days.  That is your policy, full payment within 90 days of the trip.

Florida, Roatan and Galapagos are already within 90 days, but they are all sold out.  We could update them now.  Considering Galapagos churn with the Vax requirements I think it is a good idea to get full payment for anyone that books at this point.  Although it sounds like you have the spot resold.  Did they already re-book or are you handling this outside of Hika?

The first "open" trip this would effect is Dominca Week 1.  90 Days out is 2/27/22, so we could update at the end of the month.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 03:38 PM

If you want to do this, I recommend 90 days.  That is your policy, full payment within 90 days of the trip.

Florida, Roatan and Galapagos are already within 90 days, but they are all sold out.  We could update them now.  Considering Galapagos churn with the Vax requirements I think it is a good idea to get full payment for anyone that books at this point.  Although it sounds like you have the spot resold.  Did they already re-book or are you handling this outside of Hika?

The first "open" trip this would effect is Dominca Week 1.  90 Days out is 2/27/22, so we could update at the end of the month.

Covid has taught people there there is tons of time to do things ...even when there is not. I am tempted to do 60 days but 90 is our terms and in the long run will cause much less work for us hunting down full payment when someone signs up within short lead time of the trip departure.

So go ahead and remove the dep option at the 90 day mark for trips as it happens. And if it is 85 days that's ok too. It does not have to be super precise because anything will be better than what we have now.  

Thanks to all!

• Blue151 likes this

formerly...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users