For those on Week Two please know the charter boat does not provide weights, but with a little planning we can arrange for weights based on each divers need.
Please post in this topic the amount of weight you will need for the four boat trips on Week Two. We need to know specific breakdowns assuming a weight integrated BCD. Here are a few examples:
Bob aka DiverBob - Needs Two 2lb Two 4lb (soft preferred)
Kate aka DiverKate - Needs Two 5lb (hard for weight belt)
NOTE: We cannot guarantee soft weights but we will do what we can among the divers bringing weights to share any soft weights they might spare.
Beyond that, Kamala and I will work with a local dive shop to obtain the weights we need hopefully at no cost but until we have a number and contact the local shops that is unknown.
NOTE: HELP US REMEMBER to collect weights at the end of the last boat trip!
Thanks to All,
Brad aka dive_sail_etc
- Kamala aka WreckWench - Has own weights
- Brad aka dive_sail_etc - Has own weights, extra three 5's, two 4's, and either two 2's or two 1's after Kat has her weights dialed in.
- Ed aka Diver Ed - Has own weights, also bringing
8.8 - 3lb hard weights ( I made the weights myself, and came up a bit short on lead on one of them )
2 - 1lb hard weights
2 - 2lb soft weights
1 - 6lb soft weight
I will also have 4 extra plastic totes for dive gear as well as 4 extra beach towels.
I do have an extra foam pocket weight belt that is in the truck as well, if someone is in a crunch and they are lucky enough for it to fit.
- Pat aka Bluetang - 16 - 18 lbs. hard or soft. If anyone has a 1lb I would be grateful. Weird but 17lbs seems to be my sweet spot.
I will lay claim to the rest of Ed's weights. I know the twos are gone but the rest should equal about 18 pounds. I’m sure we can make it work.
- Steve aka soonerdiver - I will probably need 18 to 20 lbs of weight.
- Patty aka N.J. Turtle - I have a weight integrated BC and need 13 pounds; 4 pounds in each pocket, 2 pounds in each chest pocket. One pound whereever it fits.
- Kat aka SirenKat - I will probably need 10 to 12 lbs. (Brad already has this covered)
- Dawne aka DiverDawne - I will bring extras.... two 5's and two 2's. 14 extra pounds for someone to use.