• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

RAJA... Member supplied Helpful Info

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 diver diva

diver diva

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 05 April 2023 - 05:42 PM

Hello

I have been looking into money and phones.

Money-Need IDR and it is recommended to always carry some IDR. Smaller vendors and villages only accept cash. The website I reviewed recommended exchanging money at the airport. Money exchange places want new currency.  My bank said it is hard to get but will give me the cleanest possible. 

Current exchange rate is $1USD equals 14932.06 IDR

The most popular ATMs to withdraw money from are Bank Central Asia (BCA), Bank Mandiri, Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI), and Permata Bank.  Check your credit card for terms.  Averages $10 fee and interest until cash advance is paid.

Credit cards-Visa and MasterCard are the most accepted credit cards in Bali. 2-4% surcharge fee may be charged.

Phones- very reasonable prices for data at Bikago Mobile - eSIM and SIM card for tourist in Bali and Indonesia.  3GB for 30 days is only $11

Taxes- 11%   6-11% at hotels and restaurants.

Hope this helps!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Lori

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 April 2023 - 06:34 PM

SUPER HELPFUL... THANK YOU!!!!... I'll add a few caveats next to yours. GREAT JOB!!!  Thank you!  We REALLY do have the BEST MEMBERS!!!!  :wakawaka:

Hello

I have been looking into money and phones.

Money-Need IDR and it is recommended to always carry some IDR. Smaller vendors and villages only accept cash. The website I reviewed recommended exchanging money at the airport. Money exchange places want new currency.  My bank said it is hard to get but will give me the cleanest possible. 

• BRING THE CLEANEST & NEWEST 50'S AND 100'S YOU CAN WITH YOU.
  • If you exchange too much IDR you can use it for tips but remember that roughly 15k rupia = 1 dollar... so its easy to undertip.

Current exchange rate is $1USD equals 14932.06 IDR

Exchange rates will vary all over the map but our dollar is so strong to the IDR that unless you are exchanging hundreds of dollars... you do not need to worry about it.

The most popular ATMs to withdraw money from are Bank Central Asia (BCA), Bank Mandiri, Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI), and Permata Bank.  Check your credit card for terms.  Averages $10 fee and interest until cash advance is paid.

• Good input... you definitely want to check to be sure you have a credit card that will not charge an international exchange rate. Sometimes the use of a card DOES incur a fee by the vendor.
  • $10 US is a fairly large convenience fee and the money will be in IDR.  Other ATM's have smaller fees but only let you get $300 out so not very much.

PRO TIP: 

• BRING AS MUCH CASH AS YOU CAN UNDER 1OK WITH YOU TO AVOID HAVING TO USE MACHINES, GO TO BANKS OR GET REALLY BAD RATES ON TINY ISLANDS.
  • Get your driver to stop and help you with exchanging some money as they always know where the good deals are. You can also offer to trade clean new money for older torn money...they will REALLY APPRECIATE THAT!   Tourists forget that our old money does NOT spend outside the US so bring clean money for tips too!

Credit cards-Visa and MasterCard are the most accepted credit cards in Bali. 2-4% surcharge fee may be charged.

• Try to not use them... bring cash...

Phones- very reasonable prices for data at Bikago Mobile - eSIM and SIM card for tourist in Bali and Indonesia.  3GB for 30 days is only $11

• Great info! I did not know that.
  • If you have TMobile you get free texting and free data without any contracts, extra billing, or setting it up...it just happens

Taxes- 11%   6-11% at hotels and restaurants.

• Hotels have 20% taxes... 2 different 10% taxes apply. :(

Hope this helps!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Lori

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 Rachel

Rachel

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:162+

Posted 06 April 2023 - 12:55 PM

Any thoughts on how much cash we should bring? How much tip should we be aiming for at the resort?

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 06 April 2023 - 08:26 PM

Any thoughts on how much cash we should bring? How much tip should we be aiming for at the resort?

I posted that earlier today in our Trip PM.

If you did not get the courtesy email simply log into your pm's as follows:

1. singledivers.com
  2. forums
  3. surface interval forums
  4. log into the upper right so you see your screen name displayed
  5. click on the letter or envelop icon on the same line as your screen name to the left of your screen name
  6. click on the PM entitled DO NOT DELETE Raja Landbased trip and the go to the last posts to see the ones I just posted.
  7. While in the PM skim the other announcements to be sure you did not miss any others.

• Rachel likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#5 Rachel

Rachel

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 10:20 AM

This website was helpful when I was filling in the full address for the group hotel in the Visa on Arrival page.

https://www.ryanocto.../address-format

I successfully completed the online Visa on Arrival application. The photo and passport page images have to be less than 200KB. On the date selector, click on the year to go forward or backwards by year instead of by month. Don't forget the date format is day/month/year (day first).

https://molina.imigrasi.go.id/

I started doing the customs declaration online but the latest arrival date I could choose was one day too early so I'll do it tomorrow before I leave for the airport.

https://ecd.beacukai.go.id/

Edited by Rachel, 09 April 2023 - 10:28 AM.

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 10:42 AM

Thank you Rachel...

Its all different post pandemic.

This website was helpful when I was filling in the full address for the group hotel in the Visa on Arrival page.

I successfully completed the online Visa on Arrival application. The photo and passport page images have to be less than 200KB. On the date selector, click on the year to go forward or backwards by year instead of by month. Don't forget the date format is day/month/year (day first).

I started doing the customs declaration online but the latest arrival date I could choose was one day too early so I'll do it tomorrow before I leave for the airport.

As long as we only choose BALI as our destination... and if ever questioned we can play dumb...not hard to do if trying to use their system...then it works pretty well but very difficult if you are going someplace smaller like Sarong or Waisai... so BALI it is for me.

NOTE THERE ARE 2 FORMS TO FILL OUT:

Visa on arrival and Online customs form.

• Rachel likes this

formerly...

#7 Rachel

Rachel

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 02:34 PM

Yes, I entered the Vira Bali hotel address in the Visa on Arrival form and that worked

Jl. Kartika Plaza No.127

Kuta (Village/Subdistrict)

Kec. Kuta (District)

Kabupaten Badung (City/Regency)

Bali (Province) 80361

Thank you Rachel...

As long as we only choose BALI as our destination... and if ever questioned we can play dumb...not hard to do if trying to use their system...then it works pretty well but very difficult if you are going someplace smaller like Sarong or Waisai... so BALI it is for me.

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 02:47 PM

Did you have to create an account first i.e. register?

And this can only be done within 48 hrs of traveling correct?

Yes, I entered the Vira Bali hotel address in the Visa on Arrival form and that worked

Jl. Kartika Plaza No.127

Kuta (Village/Subdistrict)

Kec. Kuta (District)

Kabupaten Badung (City/Regency)

Bali (Province) 80361

Thank you Rachel...

formerly...

#9 Rachel

Rachel

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 04:39 PM

Yes, I had to create an account for the Visa. I don't know what the timeframe is, I did it about a day and a half out from my outgoing flight.

It looks like the Customs form is within 2 days. I arrive on April 12 and it looks like I can do it April 10.

Edited by Rachel, 09 April 2023 - 04:40 PM.

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 07:13 PM

Yes, I had to create an account for the Visa. I don't know what the timeframe is, I did it about a day and a half out from my outgoing flight.

It looks like the Customs form is within 2 days. I arrive on April 12 and it looks like I can do it April 10.

ok that is what I thought.

T

If you use the QR CODE you can get to it directly without creating an account.     The QR code is in the trip PM

The hotel info can ALSO BE AS SIMPLE AS

Vira Bali Hotel Kuta

That is all I entered at the airport in MIA and again at the airport in BALI. 

IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE THE ONLINE FORMS FOR CUSTOMS try to do before hand if you are flying out of a large city. If flying from a small one then you can do it in BALI   Worst case you do it at the airport. AGAIN WHEN ASKING FOR ADDRESS YOU ONLY NEED TO ENTER VIRA BALI KUTA and it accepts it.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users