• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

#4 "TROIS DOMINICA" Diving Only OR Diving &Swimming with WHALES Combo - Oct 14-21, Oct 21-28 &/or Oct 28-Nov 4,...

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#46 MinFin

MinFin

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:77

Posted 16 September 2023 - 04:31 PM

Sign me up for lion fish hunting week 1&2 please 

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#47 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,155 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 16 September 2023 - 08:20 PM

Melinda you are on for both weeks! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#48 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,649 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 September 2023 - 08:45 PM

If you haven't done it before we hope to have an instructor teaching safe and proper technique...we do not want to kill the reef nor do we want to train lionfish that people are dangerous because you only wounded them... AND we definitely do not want to hurt ourselves with the spear OR getting stung... NO FUN.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#49 MinFin

MinFin

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Logged Dives:77

Posted 17 September 2023 - 07:48 AM

I did the training in Roatan but may want to do some more. He rushed me during that training. Ill def be practicing before hand. Probably observe and assist someone first if I am able.

#50 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 17 September 2023 - 09:09 AM

I'll be lionfish hunting too week 1 and 2.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#51 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 17 September 2023 - 03:28 PM

I will bring my spear on a few of the shore dives.  I will be bringing some wasabi and soy sauce and plan to have a couple of raw lion fish dinners while there.  if anyone on week one or two is interested in a little sashimi, let me know.

#52 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 04:31 PM

I'll be lionfish hunting too week 1 and 2.

Butch you are on the list for LF hunting Week 1 & 2. :diver:

• Cajun Diver likes this
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#53 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 04:31 PM

I will bring my spear on a few of the shore dives.  I will be bringing some wasabi and soy sauce and plan to have a couple of raw lion fish dinners while there.  if anyone on week one or two is interested in a little sashimi, let me know.

Ed you are on the list for LF hunting Week 1 & 2. :diver:

#54 Brian Wraf

Brian Wraf

Getting started

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Instructor, Self-Reliant Diver, DPV. Teach up to DM & IC and most good PADI Specialties.
  • Logged Dives:Approaching 2K

Posted 18 September 2023 - 06:26 AM

Just seeing this - I would like to sign up for the Dominica free shore night dive (Week #1) if it's not too late. Thank you! Ed aka Brian Wraf

#55 Brian Wraf

Brian Wraf

Getting started

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Instructor, Self-Reliant Diver, DPV. Teach up to DM & IC and most good PADI Specialties.
  • Logged Dives:Approaching 2K

Posted 18 September 2023 - 06:27 AM

And also would like to sign up for Lionfish hunting week 1 if there are still spots available. I will have my own spear (Hawaiian sling) if that's allowed.

#56 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,649 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 07:27 AM

And also would like to sign up for Lionfish hunting week 1 if there are still spots available. I will have my own spear (Hawaiian sling) if that's allowed.

Yes you NEED to bring your own spears...HAWAIIAN SLING STYLED as they do not have any. Some divers even leave them theirs and if you need to get one I can send you the best brand to buy based upon the local experts. Its also great for traveling too!

If you are ALREADY a hunter... bring it!

If you WANT TO LEARN TO BE A KILLER... WE CAN TRAIN YOU FOR A SMALL FEE due to personalize time and attention and instruction.

Remember... killing the reef does not help....getting stung ruins your day and can ruin hunting for everyone....hitting the fish but not getting a kill shot means they will become scared of humans and will hide when they see us = MAKING THE PROBLEM WORSE.

Thanks to the hunters. I will make special arrangements and pay for the fish prep after we take spines off to add to your group dinners...YUM YUM!!

ALSO BRING YOUR TUBE IF YOU HAVE ONE.... it will make dealing with them a million percent easier.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#57 zonicles

zonicles

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Logged Dives:500

Posted 18 September 2023 - 08:36 AM

Hi.  I would also like to learn how to shoot lion fish weeks 1 and 2.  Please advise if I need gloves.  What spear do you recommend?

Please also add Friday morning dives for weeks 1 and 2.  Thanks

Edited by zonicles, 18 September 2023 - 08:44 AM.

• dive_sail_etc likes this
AOW, EAN

#58 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,649 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 08:47 AM

Hi.  I would also like to learn how to shoot lion fish weeks 1 and 2.  Please advise if I need gloves.  What spear do you recommend?

I will send you a link for the spear on amazon. These are the ones that the island boys use ...so the best.

Gloves are a mixed bag... they are not allowed in the marine park and they will not stop you from getting stung but can reduce your dexterity so not recommended.

formerly...

#59 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 11:36 AM

Jane it will be a treat stalking the invasive, elusive yet delicious Lionfish with you! :diver: :diver:

Jane to join the AM 2 tank boat trip you must log in the Home Page, got to each week in turn and purchase one AM Boat Trip Add On from the same area you purchased your Nitrox for the week (I think the AM boat trip is on the same row as the Nitrox if not the row just below it.) :cool1: Thanks for helping us get enough divers to make the AM boat trip happen! :thankyou:

#60 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 11:38 AM

Just seeing this - I would like to sign up for the Dominica free shore night dive (Week #1) if it's not too late. Thank you! Ed aka Brian Wraf

Edward your name is now on the list for the free Guided as well as Unguided night shore dives for Week One. If you prefer one but not the other just post your preference here. :diver:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users