• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

#3 SOLD OUT!!! Cozumel Best of Mexico - AUG 5-12, 2023: QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS... Ask Away Inside this Topic!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 July 2023 - 05:23 PM

Does the resort include towels that we can take on the boat? If so, will they allow us to have more than one at a time? 

Yes but if high demand sometimes they may not have enough available. You will leave a $20 cash deposit per towel at the front desk so yes you can get 2 or more if you want as long as you give them $20 per towel. Then then when you want to refresh the towel you trade a dirty one for a clean one.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 08:26 AM

Is there a day by day agenda available? I have a friend in Cozumel and I want to go see her while I'm there...

Hello Melody,

On Sunday, Monday and Tuesday we will be doing two boat dives in Cozumel.  We will have breakfast in the morning, and be on the dock at approximately 8:00 to 8:30.  Please do not hold me to that if the timing is a little off, as I am just giving an estimate of what to expect based on a previous trip.  We will be back at the resort around 12:30 to 1:00 I would estimate.  Clean up and have lunch.  Afternoons and evenings are open unless you decided  to add additional diving or something.  Most of us will probably meet around 6 or something for dinner.  Wed through Fri will be full days as we will be transporting from the resort to where we are diving and snorkeling on those days, and then heading back to the resort after our adventures.    Ed

I posted the preliminary agenda last night/early this am. It may change again but I hope not. We are monitoring weather etc to maximize our experience. Thank you for your understanding. That being said as mentioned by Ed the shortest days are the CZM ones so if not doing the boat night dive (or we can't talk you into it) LOL.... then the best opportunity for a visit is Monday afternoon as our dives are Sunday afternoon. Then Tuesday if not doing the nigh dive is your next best choice.  All other days depending on which ferry we catch back to CZM will be late days. You could plan to visit later in the evening say 8 or 9pm but ideally it would be Monday afternoon say 2pm onward.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 08:33 AM

If we signed up for a night dive, and it says there is a min. of 8 people are needed and only 5 signed up, does that mean the money paid can be applied to another excursion? 

Can we sign up for these excursions while in Mexico or do they need to be paid for in advance? 

Why should someone upgrade to CF100 Tank and what does "covers pkg dive in CZM" mean?  

Is there any update on the turtle program mentioned on the trip page?

Do you still have dive computers available? I didn't see where we could pay for our gear rental in the add-on area, is that something we do while there? 

Hello Jamie,

I cant answer everything here, but will answer what I can.  If there are not enough divers for the night dive, you will either be given the money back, or you can apply it to something else while there.  That said, I do not know if you can sign up for the other activities while there, or if that needs to be done prior.  As for the CF 100 tanks, they are larger tanks than the standard 80 cf tanks.  Some people go through a lot of air when diving ( I have been called an air hog a few times myself ) so they request larger tanks.  If you were finding yourself needing to end your dives early in the past because you were running low on air, then you would consider the larger tank.  I see you are signed up for the rent a buddy for this trip, so you will be working with a very experienced diver and your skills should improve  as should your air consumption.  My guess is that you should not get the larger tanks right now, instead waiting to see how things progress during the week.  The " Covers pkg..." means that the price for the upgrade to the larger tanks would be for the tanks used during the 3 days of scheduled diving in Cozumel.  It would not include additional dives such as night dive, shore dives, cenote dives...  As for the rest, you will need to wait for a reply for Kamala.  Ed

Ed did a really great job replying... our repeat members are the best!! Thanks Ed!

I should have a computer you can use or rent... if rent its cheaper than the dive shop and better.  So you can pay me at the resort.

Regarding signing up in advance vs doing it on island... usually things are more expensive if done on island so one reason to do in advance because the operators can PLAN and they pass us a better price.

If you wait til the island then you spend all your time working trying to see if we have enough to do this or do that. Then by the time you decide to do it...they have no boat avail or the crew is no longer available. So we do this in advance to ensure we get what we want... we get the staff we want and resources... we have extra time to make the minimums and we DO the things vs TRYING TO PLAN THE THINGS.

Between Ed and I, I think we have replied to all your questions. My computer is giving me fits so I'm struggling to do many things I need to do to finish out this trip for everyone. Thank you for your patience.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users