• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005: Oct NC Seafood Festival & Artifacts!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#31 scubafanatic

scubafanatic

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures, Cavern
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:17 PM

.......given the recent glowing trips reviews, and my recent discovery that the Diver Down apparently provides the option to upgrade to Nitrox Steel 120's, I have my eye on this trip.

Kamala, can you provide the price of the upgrade from the basic package to Nitrox Steel 120's ? ( I assume they're the HP 120's , and not the BIG, WIDE, Faber LP 120's ?)

........I really can't make a move on this trip until after my 9/3--9/6 Flower Gardens / Sea Searcher trip happens............if it fallls through due to Gulf weather, I can maybe apply that $ / days off to doing this trip instead...........otherwise I'll seriously consider doing it in 2006.

Karl

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:22 PM

Actually at least 4 of them are the low pressure 120's...sorry my dear. He however does have some din fitting 120's which could be high pressure but I will have to check.

Keep me posted on what happens to your FG trip. If you are blown out joining us would be awesome! I have had a rough time filling out the NC trips this year so may be cutting back on them next year to even fewer despite loving them more than any destination I've dove so far.

The upgrade to nitrox 100's is $12 per tank or $72 for a 3 day dive trip and the upgrade from 100 to 120's is $5 or $30 more for a total of $102.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#33 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:28 PM

Kamala,

Fills for me will be for 130's. I should be arriving with one fill already done :cool2: and of course I plan to dive Nitrox. Hopefully, I don't use much of my stage bottle as I may have trouble getting O2 to top it off with?

Karl,

I have two single Genesis HP 120's (oxygen cleaned) that I could bring down for you if you can't get them from the boat. (DIN fittings- they were loaned out on an SD trip last year too!)

Brian

Edited by Diverbrian, 09 August 2005 - 10:32 PM.

A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#34 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 10 August 2005 - 05:39 AM

Kamala, can you tell me how much it is for us within driving distance. Thanks.

#35 scubafanatic

scubafanatic

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:26 PM

Actually at least 4 of them are the low pressure 120's...sorry my dear. He however does have some din fitting 120's which could be high pressure but I will have to check.

Keep me posted on what happens to your FG trip. If you are blown out joining us would be awesome! I have had a rough time filling out the NC trips this year so may be cutting back on them next year to even fewer despite loving them more than any destination I've dove so far.

The upgrade to nitrox 100's is $12 per tank or $72 for a 3 day dive trip and the upgrade from 100 to 120's is $5 or $30 more for a total of $102.

Hi Kamala,

Thanks for the additional info on the tanks and upgrade pricing........ I own a pair of those HUGE Faber LP 120 steelies........as well as ( 4 ) HP PST E7-120's, a HP E8-130, a Faber LP 112, a Faber LP 85........and 2 sets of 'doubles' ( LP 85's and LP 76's ) , and I've dove (but don't own ) single AL 80's, single LP 95's, double AL 80's, and double LP 95's............so I'm pretty famaliar with the pro/cons of the LP 120's, great gas supply especially with a 'cave-fill' , but just too big/long for me....so if DIVER DOWN only has the LP ones, I'll likely just opt for the 100's.

....I can call DIVER DOWN to clarify things.......... most of my regs are DIN/Yoke convertible 1st stages, so I can dive either HP or LP tanks, but I'm hoping they've got HP 120's available.

I appreciate your effort to continue offering the NC trips.........I've never done a wreck dedicated trip, kinda unique..........guess I've held off as the per dive price is relatively high.....but if I'm gonna do this I'll do it right and opt for the 120's if possible.

........I'll let you know after 9/3 how things are looking.

Karl

#36 scubafanatic

scubafanatic

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:38 PM

Kamala,

Fills for me will be for 130's.  I should be arriving with one fill already done :teeth: and of course I plan to dive Nitrox.  Hopefully, I don't use much of my stage bottle as I may have trouble getting O2 to top it off with?

Karl,

I have two single Genesis HP 120's (oxygen cleaned) that I could bring down for you if you can't get them from the boat.  (DIN fittings- they were loaned out on an SD trip last year too!)

Brian

Hi Brian,

...that's very generous of you to offer your HP 120's......... I've got ( 4 ) of the PST E7-120's which have been loaned out at times as well, they're sweet tanks..... I use that same tank in Cozumel with Liquid Blue too.

Let me contact DIVER DOWN to see if they offer HP 120's on site and we'll take it from there.

......... sure wish I could bring gown my twin LP 85's, that would be way cool !

Karl

#37 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:37 AM

Let me contact DIVER DOWN to see if they offer HP 120's on site and we'll take it from there.

I have initiated this for you. I'll let you know what I find out. The owner/capt was just in a bad motorcycle wreck so getting information might be difficult.

I should have the answers shortly.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#38 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:38 AM

Kamala, can you tell me how much it is for us within driving distance. Thanks.

Hey guy...I'll pm this you! -ww

formerly...

#39 divekeywest

divekeywest

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:85

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:26 PM

Hey kamala,

I know I have posted this before but things look really good, is this trip still open ??? Please let me know what $$ you need and when, cost with out airfair, I would like nitrox please. I can send a check tomorrow as soon as I get the info
thanks, Laine

#40 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:35 PM

Kamala, do I have to fill out a new survey?

Kamala, do you still have the old survey?

#41 scubafanatic

scubafanatic

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:56 PM

I have initiated this for you. I'll let you know what I find out. The owner/capt was just in a bad motorcycle wreck so getting information might be difficult.

I should have the answers shortly.

Thanks Kamala...........OK, I'll leave the captain alone........I'm sorry to hear he had that accident...........sure, we've got plenty of time so I'll await your update on this thread with respect to the HP 120's availability.

Karl

#42 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 14 August 2005 - 07:21 PM

Well the way its looking ebay sales have paid for my trip to NC which will be a much needed for me.

then another thing is i was wondering if there are going to be any other photographers are going to be on this trip and what equipment are you planning on bringing to NC.

let me know

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#43 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 14 August 2005 - 09:36 PM

I am bringing an Oly C-60 Zoom. I am hoping for some good photos in the clear water of the ocean.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#44 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 15 August 2005 - 04:39 AM

Kamala,
Thanks for the local diver cost and military discount. Will let you know if I have any more questions.

#45 Searanger

Searanger

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Board Status:0
  • Cert Level:O/W
  • Logged Dives:170

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:48 PM

Kamala....Count me in! I will send a cheque or paypal you later today or tomorrow. Please confirm the exact amount you need and when. I will be making my own arrangements (car rental) from RDU as my plane arrives at 640pm on the 29th. I will be departing Sunday after dinner and getting a hotel in the Raleigh area as I'm flying back early Monday morning.

If anyone else needs a ride from the airport because they can't make the 3pm pickup time, please let me know.

Searanger.......Michael

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users