• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SAVE THE DATES.,..INDO EXTRAVAGANZA ... Lembeh CRITTER CAPITAL of the World Jan 31-Feb 7, 2025

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 24 January 2024 - 07:45 AM

Join our Indo Extravaganza... LEMBEH... SEE FOR YOURSELF HERE

• Raja Ampat on eco luxurious Damai II Liveaboard Jan 11-22, 2025   Open for Booking HERE
  • Bali Luxury exclusively at Alam Batu  Jan 23-Jan 30, 2025 Notify when open for booking HERE
  • Lembeh Critter Capital of the World at beautiful NAD Lembeh Resort Jan 31-Feb 7, 2025  Notify when open for booking HERE

THE HOTEL... TRULY DESIGNED FOR DIVERS AND PHOTOGRAPHERS:

CAMERA  ROOM:

With a total of 30 individual workstations, each of our guests gets a huge space for their precious toys. Every station comes with led lights, rubber mat, camera towel and 4 international/ 8 European power sockets including USB ports – charging all your gadgets at the same time has never been easier!

ROOMS:

• NAD-Lembeh Resort features 10 Beachfront Rooms and 5 Seaview Bungalows with an extra day room/ office attached.
  • SingleDivers.com is taking most of the resort...but being a small resort that is not a lot of people when you factor in single occupancy rooms.
  • All our rooms offer ocean view, air-conditioning, hot water, wifi, including full board.
  • Our resort has only few steps, which makes our layout extremely convenient to get from your room to the restaurant, camera room, bar and floating jetty.

Beachfront Room:

• Our beachfront rooms are closest the beach and pool. Ideal for those who can not do any steps or just want to be closer to the restaurant, bar and camera room.
  • Twin as well as double beds are available. Adjacent rooms are perfect for groups traveling together.
  • Shampoo, Conditioner and body soap are provided.

Seaview Bungalow:

• Our stand-alone bungalows are located in a secluded portion of the resort, a very short distance away from the main building.
  • With an impressive view over the bay, suitable for couples who want to spend their evenings sitting on a private deck with the best view in the Straits or those who desire the greatest amount of privacy and space available.
  • All our bungalows feature an additional day room, suitable to be used as small office or for a child.
PRICING: 

Estimate pricing... FULLY LOADED PACKAGE... 17 DIVES, NITROX, ETC 
  • d/o Diver Beachfront with NITROX 17 DIVES $1875
  • d/o Diver  SeaView with NITROX 17 DIVES  $2314
  • Single Occupancy will be very limited and approx $600 per week more

Of course we will have early booking specials as well!

THOSE INTERESTED IN BEING NOTIFIED WHEN THIS TRIP IS OPEN FOR BOOKING... Estimated to open in early April!

Let us know what occupancy you are interested in and what type of rooms...beachview or seaview.

1. Kamala aka WreckWench - Beachview D/O
  2. Ed aka Diver Ed - Beachview D/O
  3. Ted aka BusyBoys - Beachview D/O
  4. Chris aka RN Sharks - Beachview D/O
  5. Beth aka puffin
  6. Kathy aka little mermaid - D/O no view preference
  7. Holly aka CommanderH d/o Seaview
  8. Pat aka CommanderH+1 d/o Seaview
  9. Nancy aka Nereid - Beachview D/O
  10. Glenn aka reefdog -Beachview D/O
  11. Steve aka soonerdiver -
  12. Cecile aka Zil - yes to both Bali and Lembeh D/O view does not matter
  13. Steven aka Squishy - yes to both Bali and Lembeh
  14. Beth aka Puffin - d/o oceanview

MAYBE:

1. Nanci aka PBGirl - I'll do Bali or Lembeh

THE CRITTER CAPITAL OF THE WORLD... THE CRAZIEST... WILDEST... MOST BIZZARE MARINE LIKE IN THE WORLD RESIDES IN LEMBEH...with 1 guide per 2 divers...WOW! That's a private guide without paying for one!!!

• Hairy Frogfish
  • Wonderpus (a tyoe of octopus)
  • Flamboyant Cuttlefish
  • TONS of Nudies
  • Bobbit worm
  • Hairy Octopus
  • Pygmy seahorses
  • and much much more

Exotic Creature Diving Heaven

I have been diving for nearly three decades and I have never seen anything like Lembeh. I thought I could never beat Raja Ampat, however, this place is a "psychedelic underwater world filled with macro aliens"!

If you love the thrill of searching for incredibly tiny creatures...or small...or medium sized creatures then Lembeh Strait in Indonesia is your macro heaven! No other place on the earth offers as much diverse muck diving as Lembeh offers!  And with only 2 divers per guide...its like having your own private guide for free!

NAD-Lembeh Resort and the Lembeh Strait are famous all over the world for the peerless macro and muck diving combined with comfortable good value accommodation and food. Our Staff at NAD-Lembeh love diving and photography. We’re confident you won’t find a better overall experience anywhere else.

3f99bf_0b4a9fe926ec46ea9c64458ebe95360e~

What To Expect

The dives are all about search and exploration, check every leaf, can and bottle, just remember to not touch or harass the critters. You often come across a glass bottle thinking it is empty, but then realize that there is an octopus curled up inside!

You may have seen some of the Marine Life before but have you ever seen a neon pink frogfish or flamboyant cuttlefish as small as your little fingernail!? Be prepared for an awe inspiring treasure hunt!  The dive guides in Lembeh have the most incredible eyes for spotting the tiniest of critters, so do not worry if you struggle to find them by yourself as your dive guide will soon have you darting across the sandy bottom ticking off macro critter after macro critter!

How to get to Lembeh Strait?

IMPORTANT TRAVEL NOTE:  If you are doing either our Raja trip or our Lembeh trip SingleDivers.com will book your Indonesian air from Bali to Raja/Sorong and back to either Bali or Jakarta to head home and/or Bali to Lembeh and then from Lembeh back to Manado, Jakarta or Bali so you can then fly home from one of those cities. You simply book your US to Bali air or in a few cases US to Jakarta . (We will help you understand when to book each city and why)  SingleDivers.com will also book ALL LAND TRANSFER TO/FROM airports and hotels for Raja, Bali and Lembeh

IF DOING OUR RAJA OR BALI TRIPS FIRST:  The best way to reach Lembeh is via Bali or Jarkata if already in Indonesia.

IF ONLY DOING LEMBEH: The best way to reach the Lembeh Strait is to fly to Manado. This International airport has direct flights to Singapore (3 hours 20 min flight) with Singapore Airlines or Silk Air. Many flights have a stopover in Makassar, the biggest city of Sulawesi island.

You can also go to Manado from Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia or from Jakarta and Bali if you are already in Indonesia.

From Manado airport, SingleDivers.com will arrange your transfer to Lembeh. First it will take about 60 minutes by car and boat to reach the city of Bitung. 

Top 10 Critters To See courtesy Coconut Odyssey...

Flamboyant Cuttlefish - Metasepia pfefferi

These critters come in a variety of sizes from as big as your fist to as tiny as your finger nail! We were lucky enough to come across a clutch of eggs and also witness behaviors such as mating, feeding and displaying.

3f99bf_e8dccde2a5d44f579b76f1b1f44e49fe~

3f99bf_a52013d34d814059b3f618049a728d22~

Lembeh Seadragon - Kyonemichthys rumengani

Looking like a strand of hair floating around in the water, this tiny, 3-4cm, critter was only discovered in 2006 and still remains as elusive as ever! When it comes to taking a perfect shot you must be patient as they tend to wriggle a lot!

3f99bf_b572a2f8d4934a5894b06d85f292c0b2~

Hairy Octopus

Any of the Octopi found in Lembeh could have made my top ten, however, the hairy octopus is the holy grail! Other must-see species include the Mimic, Wunderpus, Blue-Ring, Mototi and the shell grabbing Coconut.

3f99bf_19daba28b2e54a2db2de96685cb72054~

Nudibranchs

Nudis are by far my favourite critters and one of the main reasons I chose to dive Lembeh. With such a variety of species, coming in a kaleidoscope of colours it is hard not to spot a different Nudibranch on every dive.

3f99bf_74cac94c16c14ace823b6b4549a82582~

Bobbit Worm - Eunice aphroditois

I was lucky enough to see my first Bobbitt Worm in Lembeh, however, it had me screaming into my regulator, much to my guides amusement. This creepy creature only appears at night waiting in ambush with its jaws open and ready to clamp down on any moving creature! Check out the amazing holographic body!

H
3f99bf_936c53f491f147d48dc8793ecd03c9cf~

Hairy Frog Fish - Striated

Another favorite of mine is the Frogfish, for their variety and cheeky behaviors, using a lure to catch their prey! They are masters of camouflage and I often found myself taking a photo of one to not realize there was another right next to it! Like the Hairy Octopus this is the holy grail, but other varieties you can see include the Warty, Giant and Painted in shades of, yellow, pink, orange, black and white.

3f99bf_ec769615139b43a28e1b3ec1cfd3c983~

Pygmy Seahorse - Hippocampus bargibanti

I guarantee you will see one on your trip, as the dive guides know their habitats like the back of their hand. If like me you thought they would be fairly "big", think again! I needed a magnifying glass! These little 2cm guys are very shy and sensitive so try not to point your torch directly at them. The two species to look out for are the Bargibanti and Denise. Marine biologist, Dr.Richard Smith is the seahorse expert, find out more here.

3f99bf_287de7e254ca4338b06e87a8352b9763~

Hairy Algae Shrimp - Phycocaris simulans

These are probably the smallest critter in Lembeh! How something so small can have so much detail is insane! Looking at them with the naked eye will make you think they are just a tiny piece of fluff. However, take a shot and look back at the photo! You will be amazed! Like everything in Lembeh it's all about learning the habitats and once you do, you will soon be spotting your own hairy little critter.

3f99bf_29e90ce69ed8461db132112e33741dc4~

Mandarin Fish - Synchiropus splendidus

As the sun sets, a flash of dazzling color flitters between the broken corals. A pair of Mandarin fish will slowly emerge to perform their mating ritual, dancing around before a puff of sperm is released! It is one of the most beautiful behaviors to witness in the underwater world. Using a red light is advisable so not to disturb them.

3f99bf_9a798ee397f54da5b0ce53c2776d5ceb~

Stargazer - Uranoscopus bicinctus

"WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT?" was my first thought when I saw this stargazer. Another night dwelling creature, waiting to ambush unsuspecting prey, with its large rounded body hidden beneath the sand ready to be filled.

3f99bf_029eb12d850543db9509b5a2258e9bbc~

Activities and excursions in Lembeh Strait

Lembeh Strait is a 100% diving destination. Apart from the wonders underwater, there is not much to see. However, from the city of Bitung, you could rent a car and explore the area:

• Explore the Tangkoko National Park. It is located about 2 hours by car from Bitung. It is home of the smallest primate in the world called “Tarsius”.
  • Visit the Bitung Zoo to see the “Tarsius”.

MORE COMING SOON....

Edited by dive_sail_etc, 11 April 2024 - 07:14 AM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 27 February 2024 - 09:19 PM

I see I am already added.  Thank you.  I have wanted to dive Lembeh since the 1980's.  I love the guide for every 2 divers.  I have not seen that anywhere else.  That means that we will be spending out dive looking at critters instead of spending the time waiting in line to look at critters.  I also love the lack of stairs.  Most places I looked at had a decent hike up to the rooms.  This place looks wonderful, and I cant wait to see the amazing critters of Lembeh.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#3 puffin

puffin

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 21 March 2024 - 09:45 PM

Please notify me when this trip is open. Thanks.

#4 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 22 March 2024 - 06:37 AM

Please add Chris aka RN Sharks and Ted aka Busy Boys to the notify list.  Thank you.  Ed

#5 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 22 March 2024 - 07:19 AM

Please notify me when this trip is open. Thanks.

Hello Beth, we have recently noticed you logged in the Forums on occasion; we are happy the trip you have apparently been watching is now taking SAVE THE DATES reply posts to notify you the minute this trip opens for booking, which should be soon! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#6 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 22 March 2024 - 07:19 AM

Please add Chris aka RN Sharks and Ted aka Busy Boys to the notify list.  Thank you.  Ed

:cool1:

Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 01 April 2024 - 10:34 PM

PRICING: 

Estimate pricing should be... FULLY LOADED PACKAGE... 17 DIVES, NITROX, ETC 
  • d/o Diver Beachfront with NITROX 17 DIVES $1875
  • d/o Diver  SeaView with NITROX 17 DIVES  $2314
  • Single Occupancy will be very limited and approx $600 per week more

Of course we will have early booking specials as well!

WHAT TO TELL US:

Let us know what occupancy you are interested in and what type of rooms...beachview or seaview.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#8 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 02 April 2024 - 04:18 AM

I would like Beachfront D/O for the Lembeh trip.  I am so looking forward to the chance to photograph these weird creatures.  Ed

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 02 April 2024 - 07:20 AM

I would like Beachfront D/O for the Lembeh trip.  I am so looking forward to the chance to photograph these weird creatures.  Ed

GOTCHA UPDATED!  Thanks!

formerly...

#10 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 02 April 2024 - 09:29 AM

Wow!!  Add me to the interested list for this also!!

#11 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 02 April 2024 - 10:47 AM

Wow!!  Add me tho the interested list for this also!!

Kathy your name is on the Notify List here as well! :flower: #JustKeepMermaiding

Attached File  MermaidBlonde1.jpg   13.46KB   0 downloads

#12 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 02 April 2024 - 01:02 PM

Asper my conversation with Chris aka RN Sharks, please put her and Ted aka Busyboys in the beachfront d/o category.  Thank you.  Ed

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 02 April 2024 - 07:31 PM

Via email:  Pls add Holly aka CommanderH and Pat aka CommanderH+1 to both Bali and Lembeh

formerly...

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 03 April 2024 - 05:54 AM

Please put me down for single occupancy - thanks!

Sorry! Wrong posting! Im wanting the luxury Bali. Got confused

And just like that... its almost like it never happened! ;)   The posts are gone except to quote you and you are NOT on the Lembeh trip list. Thanks for letting us know!

ps I did move it to the Bali thread for you and updated that trip list instead.

• Divetastic21 likes this

formerly...

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 04 April 2024 - 06:55 AM

Consolidated from a similar topic into this one...

1. Beth aka puffin - maybe Lembeh

2. Ed aka Diver Ed - yes to Lembeh 7 days

3. Chris aka rnsharks - yes to Lembeh 7 days

4. Ted aka busyboys - yes to Lembeh 7 days

5. Nancy aka Nereid - yes to Lembeh 7 days

6. Glenn aka reefdog - yes to Lembeh 7 days

7. Nanci aka PBGirl - I'll do Bali or Lembeh

8. Steve aka soonerdiver - yes to both

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users