• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Oceanfest 2005, Ft Lauderdale, FL

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 vettenorlando

vettenorlando

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:09 PM

Hey Marvel,

Is your place and Ocean Fest near SE 17th Street? I am trying to find a Marriott near by.

Thanks

Ari
Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! I'm going to ROATAN!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

#62 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:20 AM

Hey Marvel,

Is your place and Ocean Fest near SE 17th Street? I am trying to find a Marriott near by.

Thanks

Ari

It's a few miles south- maybe 5 at most? You might want to try a little further north.
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#63 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Location:Tennessee but my heart belongs to the Lone Star State!
  • Cert Level:Advanced, NITROX, Getting Ready to go tech
  • Logged Dives:Not enough, never enough!!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:07 AM

Details details details....
FOR SALE CHEAP..... 1 brother :(

well he's 37years old 6'4" inches tall... hazel eyes, cute but I am his sister so I think that he is wonderful.... makes enough money to support his dive habit... I thought about auctioning him off on ebay.... but i think that is illegal in some states.... modest, a tad shy till you get to know him, can be a butt head and he admits to it... that makes him honest and somewhat sensitive. all this in a convient portable self carrying case....

intesrested parties please contact me.. best offers will be considered.... PS he will kill me if he finds out that I am trying to sell him off.... but it sort of worked for the other brother. I got him married off last month....
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#64 scuba_jenny

scuba_jenny

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:216

Posted 07 April 2005 - 05:20 PM

Wow Marvel, sounds like your party is gonna be a blast! Looking so forward to gettin wet and hanging with everybody! The water temps are slowly warming up. I got 75° on that last dive. Whoo Hoo! No more hood!

#65 morp1949

morp1949

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:owc aug. 04
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:59 AM

Thankfully the water is warming.....those divesin Jan at 72 were a bit hard on the heart...
can't wait to see you all at Marvels....I think a nice BROCCOLI salad will be on the list.....worked a breezy 16 hours today and am off on the great silver bird in the sky to florida on tuesday>>>>dive gear under arm.....Has anyone heard from Dennis of Dania? I am hoping to get him to join us....
Packed and ready to fly....
Mary

#66 FlIrishman

FlIrishman

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NTIROX - 500 DIVES, East Florida Coast wreck, reef and beach diving
  • Logged Dives:500

Posted 11 April 2005 - 05:39 AM

Marvel-Ous:

How about an update as to the Beach / Boat dives and party - times and days?

I'm still undetermined about what's gonna happen. I've got friends that want to see OceanFest for one day - I'd like to stay 2 days, got to go to SunNFun [ big Airplane Show ] in Lakeland on Sat or Sun - toooo much to do and no time!

As a side note, dove the 80 ft ledges off of Jupiter on Sunday, seas flat, air 80's, water 70 [ yea cool ], vis 35' [ yea not the greatest ]!! Saw 12 ft shark and lot of smaller ones, Turtle, Green Moray, 1/2 dozen Really BIG JewFish that disappeared under a reef ledge, lots of fish and very very pretty reefs!

#67 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:33 AM

Well.... :dancing: I'm taking off on Friday so basically, show up when you want to. The majority of folks will probably start arriving after 5 PM &, in typical Conch Republic fashion, there will probably be groups going into the water at various times. No boat diving is planned that I am aware of but you never know. I think there may be another beach dive in the AM before people head over to Oceanfest for the day....
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#68 sun50

sun50

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:95

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:48 PM

Hi All;
Blizzards in April definetly can change time plans. It looks like we won't get to Fl before Friday am right now. Need to change my meeting schedule; but plan on being at OceanFest on Saturday AM. Hope you have a great dive and look forward to seeing you on Saturday.
Doug

#69 vettenorlando

vettenorlando

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:03 PM

Hey Marvel,

Maybe I missed it, but are there directions or an address to your place?

Hope to see you Friday night!!!!
Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! I'm going to ROATAN!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

#70 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:11 PM

Hey Marvel,

Maybe I missed it, but are there directions or an address to your place?

Hope to see you Friday night!!!!

No, you didn't miss it- they're not posted! :wakawaka: I'll PM you.
Marvel

Posted Image

#71 In2h2o

In2h2o

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:850+

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:48 AM

Glad I came across this site.

Im actually going to be staying at the Yankee Clipper Hotel for a wedding this weekend. Hopefully Ill get a chance to stop by the festivities and meet some SD members.

#72 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:52 AM

That would be great, Mike.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#73 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 07:25 PM

Glad I came across this site.

Im actually going to be staying at the Yankee Clipper Hotel for a wedding this weekend. Hopefully Ill get a chance to stop by the festivities and meet some SD members.

Terrific! Hope we get t meet you!
Marvel

Posted Image

#74 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:15 AM

I'm planning to head over tomorrow after work. I will have to make it a short weekend as I'm working Sunday. What's with all the 6 day work weeks?
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#75 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:06 AM

There are so many people coming to this thing- many of my local dive buddies from scubaboard who are not members of sd.com (married, buddied,future members. etc) The count from both dive communities is going to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 30+ divers & friends! Guess we're all glad to see winter pass & the dive season start. :birthday: There is a firm plan for a dive at 7 PM for anyone who's interested (joescuba?) & I know of a few people who will be over much earlier in the day for a dive or two... all are welcome to join us! :birthday: If there is anyone who still needs directions, PM me.
Marvel

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users