• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

More flaxseed benefits!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:32 AM

Hey WW, I found this information on flaxseed and I was wondering what you thought about it? Does flaxseed really help promote hair growth?

My experience with flaxseed is that was hugely beneficial for scalp hair regrowth! Prior to eating flax seed meal every day I had the typical hair of a post 40's male of Northern European descent: fine, thinning, limp, easily combed--think Martin Mull in HIS 40's.

After about 6-8 weeks of incorporating 2-3 tablespoons of fresh ground flax seed that I'd grind in a coffee grinder and then mix with my morning cereal or soy/banana shakes I noticed a dramatic increase in hair thickness, strength and volume. My hair grows considerably faster now and when wind blown, it is decidely harder to comb through. I've shown before and after studio portrait photos of me to friends and relatives and they are quite impressed--now I've got many of them on flax. If you have thinning hair, I can almost guarantee that you will witness favorable results with long term use of flax seed.

I have no knowledge of what the flax oil products will do so I can't comment there, but I would venture to guess one would be better off with the whole seed product as it contains many other things of value, e.g. lignans. Use high quality seeds, and grind it fresh daily--never purchase the ground up meal as too much oxidation has already taken place by the time of purchase. From a cost standpoint, you're much better off purchasing it in whole form as well--about $2.50/lb.  Don't expect benefits when it is used whole, though--the seeds are too small to be ground from chewing, and if left whole, it will pass thru your system with the seed coat intact.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users