• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

hi everybody

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 coppermaus

coppermaus

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:56 AM

Hey Kevin! Welcome aboard! Hope you stick around and spend all your surface intervals with us. Looking forward to chatting with you here and maybe even diving together sometime on a fun singles trip. :angel2:

:teeth:
coppermaus

#17 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:32 AM

Thanks for the great welcome all! l almost feel..l dunno...special :angel2: l work out of TLSea (tlsea.com) dive shop in Des Moines (not the one in lowa). Just dove the Channel lslands off Santa Barbara...great 3 day live aboard trip and Truth Aquatics did an awesome job of chartering the excursion. l found out about you guys while reading the newest issue of Alert Diver magazine...one of the guys got bent while in Cozumel. l've been there twice, BTW, what a super place! Anyway, thanx again!
Kevin

Hi Kevin! Welcome to the board!!

Tell us more about your Channel Islands trip. I'm assuming that since you did a multi-day that you made it to the outer islands? Good times!! Kamala's putting together a SoCal trip and I'm sure she'd appreciate your input on what you liked and what you would do differently when you were here.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Jamie
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#18 Lubold8431

Lubold8431

• PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor. Do most of my diving in NE. I love wreck diving.
  • Logged Dives:Over 1500...

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:35 AM

Hi Kevin, welcome to SD.com... have fun here!!!
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.
--Vince Lombardi

#19 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 21 April 2004 - 12:50 PM

welcome kevin...we're all special here...jsut in dfifrenet wyas... did you know that as long as the first and last letters are the same we can read a word normally even if the middle stuff is all scrambled up?

#20 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 21 April 2004 - 01:07 PM

did you know that as long as the first and last letters are the same we can read a word normally even if the middle stuff is all scrambled up.

True, but it only works when the first and last letters are the same. Starts with a B, ends with a B. I've tested it with Bob and Boob. No matter how I scramble those other letters, I can still read it.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#21 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 21 April 2004 - 01:10 PM

:fish2: do we have any "bob"s on board?

yea! thanks for the pic kevin...i like knowing what people look like. so much better than just a name.

Edited by mischievous, 21 April 2004 - 01:11 PM.

#22 kevininpo

kevininpo

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 03:55 PM

[quote name='WreckWench' date='Apr 21 2004, 09:29 AM']OMGosh...ANOTHER June Baby..... so we have Wrinkles and I on June 4....you are on June 5....and Zendiver is on June 6!  :fish2:

So a bunch of us June babies are spending our birthdays in Houston working the SeaSpace trade show June 4,5,6....want to come party with us????  -ww  :lmao:[/quote]
[QUOTE] that sounds almost too fun....Lemme see my schedule :teeth:
The Channel lslands trips can be seen at Truth Aquatics.com. They were perfect...pool opened at daylight and they fed us 3 great meals a day, plus snacks! They are a first class orginazation and l'm pretty sure we'll be going back again next New Year!
Kevin

Edited by kevininpo, 21 April 2004 - 03:59 PM.

if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

#23 sea nmf

sea nmf

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Cert Level: Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 500 - I stopped counting

Posted 21 April 2004 - 04:15 PM

Welcome, Kevin. I was certified and did most of my diving in the Seattle area.

There is a thread here about your favorite dive sites. Check out what I wrote. You can second it if you've been up there, I'm sure!

I'm not familiar with the dive shop you mention. Do you certifiy new divers at Three Tree?

-becky

#24 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 April 2004 - 04:23 PM

[quote name='kevininpo' date='Apr 21 2004, 03:55 PM'] [quote name='WreckWench' date='Apr 21 2004, 09:29 AM'] OMGosh...ANOTHER June Baby..... so we have Wrinkles and I on June 4....you are on June 5....and Zendiver is on June 6!   :dancing:

So a bunch of us June babies are spending our birthdays in Houston working the SeaSpace trade show June 4,5,6....want to come party with us????  -ww   :dance: [/quote]
[QUOTE] that sounds almost too fun....Lemme see my schedule :2cool:
The Channel lslands trips can be seen at Truth Aquatics.com. They were perfect...pool opened at daylight and they fed us 3 great meals a day, plus snacks! They are a first class orginazation and l'm pretty sure we'll be going back again next New Year!
Kevin [/quote]
You'd be VERY welcome!! We are going to be telling everyone we can about SingleDivers.com so the more the merrier...oh and did I mention we'll be REALLY celebrating some b-days while we are there????

As for Truth Aquatics I've heard good things about them. Too bad you are diving there for NYE....but maybe you'll join us again when we do our SoCal trip as Jextract calls it!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#25 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 21 April 2004 - 04:51 PM

Yes mischievous, we do have a BOB on board. :dancing:

-ZD
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#26 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 21 April 2004 - 04:59 PM

We do, but that's not his screen name.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#27 sapphire

sapphire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 06:05 PM

Welcome :dancing: Kevin! You will enjoy the people here, as I am sure you can tell! Tell us about the Northern Channel Islands... I haven't been there in years!

jennifer

#28 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 21 April 2004 - 07:55 PM

Welcome kevininpo
Gotta Love That Name !!!
:cool1:
To SD.com :D

Mike
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#29 Narwhal

Narwhal

Director of Training

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:03 PM

Welcome Kevin :cool1: Glad you could stop by. We've had a couple of divers from our area (Dallas) move up there lately. I don't hear from them much, so, the diving must be good. Join in the conversations and join us on a trip or two.
Jim
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."
Thomas Jefferson
"There is nothing more terrifying than ignorance in action."
Goethe
"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep, voting on what to eat for dinner; Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote."
Thomas Jefferson
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
H.L. Mencken:

#30 No Pressure

No Pressure

• PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Board Status:occasionally bored
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/ Some tech stuff. Now mostly just jump in, float, breathe, get in the zone.
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:17 PM

Hi Kevin. Welcome. It looks like the Pacific Northwest has reached critical mass. Pick a great dive site/ weekend/ trip and get the info to Kamala. We will descend on your location.
Diving; My zen space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users