• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NY/NJ/CT and anywhere else Happy Hour #1

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 15 June 2005 - 04:53 AM

I've been to them but I just find fresh water boring, have you dove the train wreck at Delaware water gap?
If I'm doing equipment checks I go to the Pt. Pleasant railroad bridge unless that's overrun with students then it's up to L street in Belmar but that's boring too since they pulled out the old pier. Oak Beach Park in Babylon would be handy for you but pack lots of insect repelant. :welcome: :hiya:

Point Pleasant as in PA? On the Delaware? There was a time that I went there every morning before work.... to protest! I drove up from New Hope & then would drive back down to West Trenton for work.
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#32 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 15 June 2005 - 05:42 AM

No we don't going diving in the reactor cooling intake in Point Pleasant Pa., it's the Point Pleasant NJ one, the railroad bridge is low enough and doesn't open so we don't need to worry about big boats overhead however when a train goes over it sounds like the Queen Mary. The river is 22' at that spot with the bottom covered in bivalves but it's in the shallows north of the bridge where we find the seahorses and other juvi's.

Attached Images

• PtPrr.jpg

I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#33 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 16 June 2005 - 04:58 PM

We need a leader to settle the date, time & place.

Okay, for a Happy Hour, I'd like to propose Friday, 24 June, at the Hyatt in Greenwich, CT, at 2100 hours (9 pm). Can I get at least three members with me?

Rick
:lmao:

I don't pretend to be a man of the people. But I do try to be a man for the people.--Gracchus, in "Gladiator"

#34 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 17 June 2005 - 06:43 AM

That might be doable for me. Although I have to drive to Hartford early the next morning. Maybe I can just crash at the Hyatt overnight. :wavey:

#35 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 07:45 AM

That might be doable for me. Although I have to drive to Hartford early the next morning. Maybe I can just crash at the Hyatt overnight.  :cool2:

Thanks, Ellen. Hopefully I'll hear from more people planning on going, so it will be worth your while to come up here early. BTW, the Hyatt is a little over an hour away from Hartford.

How 'bout the rest of you folks from the NY Metro area?

Rick
:wavey:

Life is a path you create with your actions.

#36 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:19 AM

Sorry but I have to pick up my "dive buddy" at JFK airport and spend the evening getting 'reaquainted" and sharing some air you might say. :elf:
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#37 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:35 AM

Sorry, I am hosting a happy hour at that time in Stamford. Finishing up the birthday celebrations :elf:

#38 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:59 AM

Okay, folks, I've received one positive response and two declines on this proposed HH. I will not go through with it unless I have at least 4 takers by Wednesday evening. Dan, Victoria, I understand that you've got your reasons for not making it, but what about the rest of you in the area?

How 'bout it folks? Is this talk of a NY Metro area HH just talk or what?

Rick
:teeth:

#39 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:06 AM

Well that's a four hour drive for me, if there was a dive involved maybe but not for a drink and then four hours back :teeth:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#40 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:17 AM

Maybe we should try something else. Now that my son decided to come with me on Sat. to Hartford, I'm not going to stay over because I'd have to drive back to get him.

#41 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:24 PM

Okay, it looks like I'll be pulling the plug on this one. There just isn't enough of a positive response. If anyone else wants to pick up the ball, be my guest.

Rick
:usflag:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users