• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NY/NJ/CT and anywhere else Happy Hour #1

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:35 PM

Hey Steve,
I may be at Dutch this Sunday also. Planning to hit the DUI drysuit demo. Want to try one out before I drop $2k.
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#17 Geek

Geek

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Adv. Nitrox/Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:130+

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:06 PM

I dove with Elite on Sunday. The fellow from work did not make it. I don't expect to make it this weekend, but I purchased a seasons pass, so I will be there a lot this summer. Which shop do you hang out with?

Re: DUI. I bought a DUI FLX 50 suit last year. This is real heavy material which my shop recommended as rugged enough for NJ wreck dives. With hindsight I think something a bit lighter would have been easier as a first drysuit, but I have high regard for DUI as a brand. Looking around Dutch, I think the TLS suits are the most popular. You might want to check those out.

June 4 there is a pig roast sponsored by 7 shops including Elite. I'll be out there for that if not sooner. This might be a good occasion for other SD types to hold the Happy Hour!

Since no one else seems to be naming a specific date and time, this is my proposal: June 4, Dutch Springs, all day! For those who dive cold water, bring your gear and dive. For those who haven't gotten into local diving, come check this out, because it is the place to start. For everyone, come on out and picnic!

#18 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:37 PM

Where is DUI having one of their Dog Days at? Dutch Springs?

#19 Geek

Geek

• PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:39 PM

They are going to be at Dutch Springs this weekend.

#20 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:11 AM

I dove with Elite on Sunday. The fellow from work did not make it. I don't expect to make it this weekend, but I purchased a seasons pass, so I will be there a lot this summer. Which shop do you hang out with?

Re: DUI. I bought a DUI FLX 50 suit last year. This is real heavy material which my shop recommended as rugged enough for NJ wreck dives. With hindsight I think something a bit lighter would have been easier as a first drysuit, but I have high regard for DUI as a brand. Looking around Dutch, I think the TLS suits are the most popular. You might want to check those out.

June 4 there is a pig roast sponsored by 7 shops including Elite. I'll be out there for that if not sooner. This might be a good occasion for other SD types to hold the Happy Hour!

Since no one else seems to be naming a specific date and time, this is my proposal: June 4, Dutch Springs, all day! For those who dive cold water, bring your gear and dive. For those who haven't gotten into local diving, come check this out, because it is the place to start. For everyone, come on out and picnic!

I frequent Long Island Scuba and The Dive Club both, obviously on Long Island. I don't think there is an organized group going to Dutch on Sunday. Just a couple of us, maybe/hopefully.

Considering the CF200 series with the Zip Seals. I got to check them out at Beneath The Sea and they looked good. Want to check out the whole system down below. I'll be wreck diving off Long Island this summer. After I get comfortable here, maybe I'll hook up with you for some NJ coast dives.

June 4th weekend I will be in Montreal so no go. The 12th I'm wreck diving for my AOW certification. After that.. we'll see.

#21 polerin312

polerin312

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:Newly trained, need to certify

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:31 PM

Being a newbie Dutch Springs would be great as I could test there... kill 2 birds with one party. Course that means no drinking for me but I am a light weight anyway... Let me know when this is happening so I can hopefully attend.

#22 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:32 PM

Well, had to pass on Dutch this weekend. The weather was crappy and my allergies just won't abate. Didn't want to dive with sinus problems and my eyes itching like crazy.

Hopefully try again another time.

#23 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 10 June 2005 - 01:16 PM

So what happened with this get together? Did it happen or die a natural death?

#24 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:31 PM

So what happened with this get together? Did it happen or die a natural death?

Ya know, Ellen- that's a DARN good question!!! Now that the weather's warming up, you guys really ought to meet up at Dutch Springs sometime soon. I think it's high time that sd.com invaded there. :D
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#25 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 10 June 2005 - 07:11 PM

We live near the shore, I don't understand this fasination people have with Dutch, Willow and Bainbridge quarries.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#26 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:06 AM

I use it for checking out equipment, my own or, as was last month, DUI's. They were there letting people try out their drysuits. I also dived there my first 6 dives just to get comfortable diving without an instructor on my hip.

For a group outing it can be fun since you can set up a canopy, a grill and even camp out over night. Makes for a big party. Those are the advantages. Disadvantages are there are much more interesting places and wrecks to dive around the northeast. Dutch has a few items sunk in it but that's it.

#27 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:30 AM

I've been to them but I just find fresh water boring, have you dove the train wreck at Delaware water gap?
If I'm doing equipment checks I go to the Pt. Pleasant railroad bridge unless that's overrun with students then it's up to L street in Belmar but that's boring too since they pulled out the old pier. Oak Beach Park in Babylon would be handy for you but pack lots of insect repelant. :wakawaka: :dance:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#28 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 05:24 AM

Yeah, I did some of my OW checkout dives at Oak Beach and further down the road some AOW dives at Democrat Pt. In a word, murky.

Our wreck dives this past weekend we cancelled by the boat captain. Seas have been too rough out on the ocean. Going to ty again on Saturday.

#29 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2005 - 08:10 AM

Are we still planning a HH for the area? Would love to do something, especially with the weather being so nice :welcome:

#30 Geek

Geek

• PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 12:07 AM

We need a leader to settle the date, time & place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users