• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Grenada...Grenaada...Tomatoe...Tomaato?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 No Pressure

No Pressure

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Board Status:occasionally bored
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/ Some tech stuff. Now mostly just jump in, float, breathe, get in the zone.
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 23 April 2004 - 01:13 PM

Let's see/ Dive in pristine San Andres in the spring. Then maybe a land trip to stir up things in Columbia. Cocaine was once used as an anesthetic agent, you know. I'm there.
Speaking of the old style Caribbean, what's up with Grenada?

Note: Moved to the proper forum so it could be fully discussed as many people have voted for this destination as someplace they'd like to see. I for one am in that group. There is awesome diving for newbies and killer diving for advanced divers...oh this thread should be fun!!! -ww

Edited by WreckWench, 24 April 2004 - 08:32 AM.

Diving; My zen space.

#2 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW w/ specialties & drysuit user
  • Logged Dives:175 - as of Sep 18, 2004

Posted 23 April 2004 - 01:39 PM

Let's see/ Dive in pristine San Andres in the spring. Then maybe a land trip to stir up things in Columbia. Cocaine was once used as an anesthetic agent, you know. I'm there.
Speaking of the old style Caribbean, what's up with Grenada?

Okay so if you'll come to San Andres with me, I'll go to Grenada with you!!

Deal??

Diverlady
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! It comes bundled with the software.

What do you mean "it doesn't come in PINK"?!?!

#3 No Pressure

No Pressure

• PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/ Some tech stuff. Now mostly just jump in, float, breathe, get in the zone.

Posted 23 April 2004 - 04:17 PM

Deal. What are the jail terms these days in Columbia? We will need to know to plan the grenada trip.
Kidding :lol:
Diving; My zen space.

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,704 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 April 2004 - 05:32 PM

Tempted to do a new thread on Grenada...in fact I think I'll just break this one off! LOL! Gosh its cool to have the power!!!

But since I'm breaking it off anyway...just wanted to say that we've gotten a number of people expressing interest in this destination so having a separate thread is a good thing!!

It will definitely be a 2005 destination if we don't sneak it in this fall. -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#5 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 07:52 PM

Deal. What are the jail terms these days in Columbia? We will need to know to plan the grenada trip.
Kidding :D

Your bc pockets are NOT for carrying cocaine out of the country!!

DL

#6 SuperDave

SuperDave

• PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:14 PM

Need an accomplice? My military retirement is not sufficient for the lifestyle I want to live.

Dave
Member of Sikorsky Light Utility Taxi Service Kuwait

#7 No Pressure

No Pressure

• PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 01:02 AM

So you think I can write a prescription for 50 kilos that the customs guys would accept?
JUST KIDDING ON ALL OF THIS!!
I limit my use of mind altering substances to 2 carbon fragments (alcohol).
Grenada has a medical school on it, maybe you saw the Clint Eastwood movie on rescuing the medical students. It would be fun to dive there, and tour the school/ hospital. Maybe we could exchange American textbooks for local tour services of the island.
Diving; My zen space.

#8 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 24 April 2004 - 04:46 AM

Grenada has a medical school on it, maybe you saw the Clint Eastwood movie on rescuing the medical students.

I didn't know there was such a movie, but one of my dive buddies (at the time) was one of the Rangers who went in. Another friend was in medical school there at the time. It was very interesting talking to both of them about their very different experiences right after they came back.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,704 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 08:31 AM

Ok so the diving is supposed to be absolutely pristine...ONLY the Europeans have discovered it so far despite being a 4 hour flight from San Juan. It offers diving for everyone....for novices like in Bonaire and experts who want to dive some awesome wrecks. Apparently there is an Andrea Doria calibre luxury liner that originally sunk in WWII and was salvaged and retrofit as an international luxury liner called the Bianca C. She sailed with first and second class passengers until 1960 when an engine caught fire causing the ship to be evacuated. She was being towed from sea back into port for repairs when she sunk for no apparent reason in 165 ft of water. Her top sits in 85ft. She is penetrable and makes for a fabulous dive!

Also Grenada is the number one spice producer in the world. More spices are grown there inch for inch then anyplace else. There are tons of things to do for non-divers and would make an excellent 'diving doc' destination if we get our combined diving and continuing medical edcation venture off the ground as well as singles destination.

Hotels range from diving comfortable to very upscale so options are plentiful. I've been pricing out a week of diving 2 tank boat dives and shorediving with breakfast daily at a VERY nice but reasonable hotel in the $1700-1800 range which includes air from a number of US cities!

I was hoping to hit Greneda this fall as I'd love to dive someplace that is touted as being like diving 30 years ago in Cozumel. I also understand that this little know secret is getting out and more trips are being planned there so dates are filling fast. Apparently one dive shop in the Dallas area has known about Grenada for almost 5 years and has run a trip there with over 30 people every year...most of them all repeats!!

WOW!! It must be an awesome place!! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#10 No Pressure

No Pressure

• PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 04:07 PM

Hey Walter, invite your friends to go with us on the Grenada trip WW is planning. It would be very cool to hear their stories.
Diving; My zen space.

#11 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 04:34 PM

I was hoping to hit Greneda this fall as I'd love to dive someplace that is touted as being like diving 30 years ago in Cozumel. I also understand that this little know secret is getting out and more trips are being planned there so dates are filling fast.

OH NO!!! Not THIS fall!!

IMHO I think it would be a grand trip for early next year. That way, people who have already booked up their vacation time for this year will have the opportunity to go too! I think it has the potential to have a BIG turnout!!

Diverlady

#12 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 10:22 PM

Hey Walter, invite your friends to go with us on the Grenada trip WW is planning. It would be very cool to hear their stories.

Unfortunately, I lost track of Chris (the ranger) in the late '80's. Stephen (the med student) in now a monk.

DSSW,

WWW™

#13 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 02:03 PM

I just heard Stephen is no longer a monk.

DSSW,

WWW™

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,704 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 03:08 PM

OH NO!!! Not THIS fall!!

IMHO I think it would be a grand trip for early next year. That way, people who have already booked up their vacation time for this year will have the opportunity to go too! I think it has the potential to have a BIG turnout!!

Diverlady

Ok that settles it! When "Chains" speaks....People LISTEN!!! Cuz if they don't they just might get whipped!!! So 2005 it is and I'm pretty sure it will DEFINITELY be a trip there cuz we got lots of response for it. I may try to make it earlier then later...got to see when the best and worst times to dive there are!! I'll keep you all posted!

formerly...

#15 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 25 April 2004 - 06:47 PM

I was hoping to hit Greneda this fall as I'd love to dive someplace that is touted as being like diving 30 years ago in Cozumel.  I also understand that this little know secret is getting out and more trips are being planned there so dates are filling fast.

OH NO!!! Not THIS fall!!

Diverlady

I'm with you girl! I'm already on borrowed time for Bonaire..... :lmao: Heck, I'm only getting paid for 1/2 the week!

Edited by Marvel, 25 April 2004 - 06:51 PM.

Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users