• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Who plants a garden

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:31 PM

Well each year I do a sacrafice of plants to the Sun Gods LoL
My intentions are to have a garden and eat good things. but
the garden always gets run over by weeds and bugs!

So this year I am trying a new way to grown tomatoes, Im
putting them in containers. if this works out
I might even get some radish's and greenbeans in.

dose anyone garden anymore ??

B2B
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#2 Dejah

Dejah

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:48 PM

Yep, I've definately tried some veggie gardening in my yard.. planted Tomatos which didn't do anything, but burn up from the heat.. and Cucumbers which took over the whole area... ;)

Haven't tried anything since, but hope to attempt something again in the late summer..

Good luck with your container plants...

#3 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:53 PM

I usually do a raised bed garden every year. Last year I did tomatoes and peas since I was short on time during the spring.
The only problem I have is the dogs love to pick their own veggies and they just help themselves.. Might have to put a fence around the raised bed this year.
I hope to get another bed set up this year and plant more veggies.

B2B I have read the tomatoes do great in containers. You just have to remember to keep them watered since they can not pull any out of the ground like plants can when planted in the ground.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#4 Seahorsewrangler

Seahorsewrangler

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW - NITROX
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:59 PM

Yep got strawberries in bloom already and planted carrots for the horse ( I don't eat veggies..too good for ya ;) ) other than that not much...oh sweet corn will be planted when the field corn planting is done.
AKA Cap'n Sam Roughknuckles The Bernese mountain dog

#5 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:41 AM

My local wildlife are eating very healthy but usually leave the herb garden alone which brings up the question. In survival school they said to "only eat what the wildlife eat".
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#6 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:10 AM

Since I just moved to a new house, herbs and two patio tomatoes. Hopefully once the inside of the house is more in order, we'll have a full garden next year.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#7 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:09 PM

Have an herb garden all year long, and currently 2 tomato plants. Usually have peppers, but didn't get them in. Also have a lime and avocado trees.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#8 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:26 PM

Lime trees?!?

Avocado trees?!?

I'll bring the tequila.....

and the sour cream! :welcome:

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#9 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:37 PM

Come on down! But you better a couple of months, they are pretty small at the moment.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#10 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:42 PM

Months?!?

but, but.....

I need Margaritas and Guacamole NOW......

:welcome:

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users