• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Abyss Advanced Dive Planning Software

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 In2h2o

In2h2o

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:850+

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:44 AM

Im looking for some insight on the Abyss Advanced Dive Planning Software.

Has anyone tried this? or a similar product?

http://www.abysmal.c...s/software.html

#2 David Evans

David Evans

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:54 AM

In2:

I've used this software - a little - primarily to test its plans against DecoPlanner from GUE.

Are you looking for specific answers to questions here, or just general impressions?

I'm sure you know this (and hope you will forgive the "nag") but this software should only be used in combination with proper training.... one could easily find one's self in a load of trouble in a hurry if planning decompression diving without proper training.... :iagree:

-d
"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."
Psalms 107:23-24

#3 In2h2o

In2h2o

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:850+

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:02 AM

I understand the "nag"...not a problem I have the proper training/experience.

Im just looking for general impressions, likes/dislikes. Im just shopping around for some advanced dive planning software and was looking for feedback from divers who have used this.

#4 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 03 May 2005 - 10:15 AM

I use DecoPlanner from GUE. Main point of all of this is try them all before you buy any of them. All have positive points, it breaks down to what your comfortable with and if you have the need to control every possible variable.

I'm not an infinite variable type of endless planner and charter and grapher. If that is what you like, several different deco planners are out there from $300 to $400 dollars and up. Your local tech dive shop should have them available to try out.

#5 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:23 AM

Personally, I am using Voyager. My VR3 has dive planning software with it as well. The only gripe that I have about Voyager is that was written before deep stops started to be real popular for deep diving, so you have to include them in the dive plan to get them to match up with the VR3's deep stops.

There are all kinds of options out there. If you have the training, I think that you have read good advice.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users