• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Central Texas Divers Happy Hour!!!

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16 drdiver

drdiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:51 PM

Oops, I can't do it the 10th. Other plans. Any more thoughts on June 11th? We can certainly work up some dives for that day and Sunday in addition to the Happy Hour.

June 11th Grist Milll in Gruene. Don't know who's playing at Gruene Hall. Will try to find out and post.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#17 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:51 PM

Any thoughts about combining it with the weekend of the Aquarena Center trip? That Sat. night maybe? Would be good for the SD'ers going to the AC dive site to meet up with San Antonio and Austin's SD'ers (and hopefully there will be some from San Antonio and Austin involved too!)

SR

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 May 2005 - 05:34 PM

Any thoughts about combining it with the weekend of the Aquarena Center trip? That Sat. night maybe? Would be good for the SD'ers going to the AC dive site to meet up with San Antonio and Austin's SD'ers (and hopefully there will be some from San Antonio and Austin involved too!)

SR

Excellent Idea! What do you think Dennis????

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#19 BSG

BSG

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water SSI - AOW NAUI
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:22 PM

It seems like every time something really interesting (re: drinking with SDer's) comes up it clashes with some family thing! Family reunion on June 11th. Family would disown me if I missed it. On second thought----then family things wouldn't interfere with diving things!!!!!! :wub: Just kidding - family will always come first. After all I am natural born Texican! :teeth:

#20 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 09:00 PM

SR

Excellent Idea! What do you think Dennis????

A MOST EXCELLENT IDEA!!!! I wish I had had it! Let's Do It! June 25th at the Grist Mill in Gruene. 5 PM.

And as a bonus, "The Derailers" are playing at Gruene Hall that night. So those who want(moi!!) can all wander over and do some bodacious C/W dancin!.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#21 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 07:17 AM

Hey Dennis -

Fantastic! I don't think people doing the Aquarena Center part will be able to make it by 5 - their class won't end until about that time... but if you're group can start later, or make a commitment to stay later (prob. be 6:30 or 7 by the time everyone is cleaned up and out the door - and then travel from San Marcos to New Braunfels. What is the time distance between San Marcos and New Braunfels?

Also, could you still promote the AC weekend to folks in your area and/or at dive shops that are agreeable? Need folks, and it will bring more to your HH.

Just thoughts. Thanks so much for considering!

SR

#22 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 08:06 AM

Fantastic! I don't think people doing the Aquarena Center part will be able to make it by 5 - their class won't end until about that time... but if you're group can start later, or make a commitment to stay later (prob. be 6:30 or 7 by the time everyone is cleaned up and out the door - and then travel from San Marcos to New Braunfels. What is the time distance between San Marcos and New Braunfels?

Also, could you still promote the AC weekend to folks in your area and/or at dive shops that are agreeable? Need folks, and it will bring more to your HH.

I think the problem with starting at 7:00 is that the Gristmill gets really crowded on Saturday nights, because people are eating there before Gruene Hall gets going. But there's no problem with people coming later. We could probably start at 6:00 though as a compromise. Once we get a table, we can just push people out of the way to make room for our guys!!!! It's less than 30 minutes between San Marcos and New Braunfels. Alternatively we could consider going to some place like the River Pub and Grill in San Marcos and those who want to can head for Gruene Hall afterwards.

Once we settle on a time/place, I was planning to make a combo flier for the happy hour and the sci diver course using your flier on the scientific diver course as a base and take it by the local dive shops, get it posted on the University Scuba Club website, diveaustin, etc.

Let me know what you think. I'd like to print the fliers up and start getting them out this weekend. I'll be out at the Lake and can hit all the dive shops out there, plus diver hangouts like the Oasis, Carlo's and Charlies and Barstow's.

Thanks,

Dennis

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 May 2005 - 09:15 AM

Hey DD...I think the flyer is a great idea! And yes...you all can start early to get tables reserved so the rest of us can join in when we get there!!! Just don't get "TOO HAPPY" without us!! ;) -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#24 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 11:27 AM

O.K.!!

CENTRAL TEXAS HAPPY HOUR
June 25th, 6:00 PM. Gristmill in Gruene, Texas (New Braunfels). Dancing at Gruene Hall with the Derailers afterwards. Scientific Divers course and other diving opportunities TBA.

I'll draft up the flier tonight and shoot you a copy.

#25 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:45 AM

Sorry I missed the conversation yesterday - the flyers sound like a great idea! You're awesome! Thanks for starting a group in your neck of the woods.

#26 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 04:10 PM

We are on, darlin!, Divin' and Dancin' in the Heart of the Known Universe!!!

Didn't get the flyer done, (dive gear problems---too numerous to illuminate here--and weather--why does it always rain on weekends???

But I will and we will have a great time!!!

#27 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:46 AM

CENTRAL TEXAS HAPPY HOUR!!!

June 25th, 6:00 PM.
Gristmill River Restaurant and Bar
1287 Gruene Road, In Gruene Historical District,
New Braunfels, Texas 78130
(830) 625-0684

(right behind the Legendary Gruene Hall)

Opportunities for Country Music at Gruene Hall with the Derailers on the venue

Scientific Divers Course at Aquarena Springs, San Marcos and other diving to be announced.

#28 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:06 AM

Well, I know that I said I would be there, but I'm going to have to take a rain check. OK, wlak the plank, a thousand lashes, etc etc :anna:

My rationale for missing this, the first of many Central Texas happy hours-a trip planned that weekend to get wet! Details to follow!!!

DBD
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#29 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:03 AM

Hey, buddy, I understand! Sorry you won't be there, but we'll look for you nest time!

See you in Athens!

#30 austinbrunette

austinbrunette

Getting started

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Cert Level:OW - just received my certification!
  • Logged Dives:5

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:33 PM

I'm very new to the site, but I'd love to come!!!!! Keep me posted on when and where!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users