• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Houston Happy Hour #3

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 19 May 2005 - 10:23 PM

:cool1: :diver: :teeth:

Way to go Lisa! Congratulations.

#17 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 20 May 2005 - 04:55 AM

Congrats, Lisa! Looks like we'll have to have you on some trips- I, for one, could serioulsy use some dance lessons.....
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#18 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 20 May 2005 - 04:42 PM

Tragically I was born with two left feet, and one club and pengwin at that. I walk counter clockwise.

But, I'll be there.

#19 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 20 May 2005 - 04:47 PM

Tragically I was born with two left feet, and one club and pengwin at that. I walk counter clockwise.

But, I'll be there.

Excellent! I was born with two right feet, so I only walk clockwise. Put the two of us together and we'll dance in a very small space :teeth: See you there!

#20 domino22

domino22

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:14 PM

Would like to come anyone staying at the Holiday Inn at relient center who drives better than me after happy hour?

#21 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:36 PM

If you're staying at the Holiday Inn, you could actually walk to the rail and take the rail into downtown - no walking necessary! It's about a NY block from the Holiday Inn to the rail line, and then probably a 15 min. ride into downtown. Otherwise, I'm guessing there will be others staying nearby who can help ya out. Looking forward to meeting you.

K

#22 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:45 PM

Hey Katie -

Have a great trip, take lots of pics. See you at Sea Space.

SP

#23 LEISEROM

LEISEROM

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 21 May 2005 - 06:13 AM

This is convenient. I actually work in the office building where this is at. Walk by it every day. But have never been in there. It fronts on the street but also has a building entrance.

#24 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:49 PM

Katie mentioned using the light rail from the Holiday Inn adjacent to Reliant Park to downtown for Saturday, I did some checking on that. Unless you want to hassle with trying to get downtown and then finding parking that does not cost you at least $8, using the light rail might be a good idea.

You can hop on the train just outside Reliant Park on Fannin and ride it all the way into downtown. The Fannin stop is about 1/2-mile from the Holiday Inn. However, when the train drops you at the Main Street Square stop in downtown, you will be about one block from Havana's.

It does cost $1 each way ($2 round-trip) to ride the train and the train does run on Saturday's until 2:15 am. I suggest that some of us could meet at the Holiday Inn, walk over to the Fannin stop, and ride the train in. I will be more than happy to lead the way.

You can get some more info at this link.
-Mitch-

#25 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:18 PM

That's a good idea Mitch. I always use the train downtown, parking is way to expensive. I will be parking in my company lot and taking the train to reliant and then to the Happy Hour.

#26 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:15 AM

a $1 EACH WAY.

#27 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:59 PM

According to the Metro web site, it is $1 EACH WAY.
-Mitch-

#28 domino22

domino22

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:11 PM

Katie mentioned using the light rail from the Holiday Inn adjacent to Reliant Park to downtown for Saturday, I did some checking on that. Unless you want to hassle with trying to get downtown and then finding parking that does not cost you at least $8, using the light rail might be a good idea.

You can hop on the train just outside Reliant Park on Fannin and ride it all the way into downtown. The Fannin stop is about 1/2-mile from the Holiday Inn. However, when the train drops you at the Main Street Square stop in downtown, you will be about one block from Havana's.

It does cost $1 each way ($2 round-trip) to ride the train and the train does run on Saturday's until 2:15 am. I suggest that some of us could meet at the Holiday Inn, walk over to the Fannin stop, and ride the train in. I will be more than happy to lead the way.

You can get some more info at this link.

This sounds like a good deal!

#29 texasgal77469

texasgal77469

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:55 PM

Hey Guys,

Good news!! I'll definitely be able to make the Happy Hour party downtown. I'll be there with my dance shoes on ready to go. :birthday: Do jeans count as part of Latin casual??

I sure hope Mitch is right about us being able to meet at the Holiday Inn. If not, I think there is a park and ride lot on Fannin pretty close to Reliant and I don't think it costs anything to park there if you're riding the rail.

Another option for those coming in from 59, not attending Sea Space, is to park in a surface lot at the corner of Main and Jefferson (across from Amegy Bank -- Formerly Southwest Bank of Texas about a block from 45). Parking is $2.50 and the rail station is right next to the lot ($2.00 round trip). Not too bad considering the cost of parking closer in for $8 or even worse for valet prices.

Lisa

Ladies,
I'll be glad to help with some dance moves if you need a little help. And if you have the talent to wiggle your hips then you're already off to a great start!! :fish:

:diver:

#30 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 02 June 2005 - 09:45 AM

Boy oh boy... dancin' and everything... sure wish I was joining my Houston buddies this weekend! Y'all have a great time now, okay!
Sassy... don't give them TOO much of a Houston welcome! ;)

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users