• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Roatan - West End Story

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Neptuner

Neptuner

I spend too much time on line

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 11 May 2005 - 02:39 PM

Dear fellow divers:

While the primary summarization of this trip shall be handled by my astute partner Blublood, I felt it incumbent upon myself to set the tone for any outlandish tales that may soon follow. It is important to understand that many things, while exceedingly entertaining at the moment of their enactment, are often only understood under the proper influence of mind altering substances. Unless, of course, you are one of the chosen few whose mind knows no boundaries of sanity or common sense. I consider myself and my esteemed brother founding members of this exotic tribe and therefore accept no responsibility for any misconduct either stated or implied.

It is paramount, however, that we understand one simple principle when traveling along through life. We are indeed ambassadors… not only for the betterment of mankind, but for the expansion of SD and the continued recruitment of new members. As with any type of cultural representation, the best way to lead is by example. It was with this eager goal of honorable representation and kind hearts that Blublood and I first stumbled upon what we immediately recognized as a permanent symbol of SD and all that it stands for.

Far, far away, toward the southern most boundaries of the region known as West End on the island of Roatan, there is a special place. This place is filled with the enchanted spirit of the sea, the salty legends of yesteryear, the cool refreshment of Cubra Libra (spelling?) and the smooth tan skin of residents and tourists alike. This magical place is known as “The Black Pearl – Bar on the Beach – What a Dive”. It was on one of our happenstance travels to this locale that I first discovered this rare treasure that so perfectly embodied the spirit of SD and immediately Blublood and I started to forge a plan to obtain this rarity. I must confess that it was truly the bright coloration and edifying verbiage that first attracted my sight to this beautiful piece and NOT the exquisitely elegant manner in which it was displayed... Though I did notice the delicate grace and craftsmanship of the display instrument.

I won’t bore you with the details of our acquisition, but rest assured that we would not leave the island without this treasure. Together, Blublood and I proved a formidable team and that evening, we stole away into the obscure darkness of the street with this beauty clutched firmly in our grasp. We tell you this tale now, not because we seek fame or fortune for our efforts, but because we require your assistance and support in delivering it to its’ rightful bearer. This piece is truly one of a kind and as such, it is a special person within the SD tribe that must retain and protect this rarity. For she, like this rare treasure, embodies the very soul and spirit that is SD. It is her daily perseverance and dedication that captains the ship we all sail upon. So, without further ado, Miss WreckWench, Blublood and I would like to honor you with this very special gift. Our wishes are that you would graciously accept this offering we bring, knowing that it is truly given from the sincerity of our hearts, and in the steadfast spirit of SD we would ask only that you cherish this as much as we do you and adorn it in the same glorious manner that we first found it.

Fellow divers, please help me in encouraging WW to share this treasure with all of you by supporting my request that she post a picture of herself with the treasure, adorned in all its’ splendid beauty. Even now it is on it’s way to her location, where we pray that it shall remain for eternity.

Sincerely,
Neptuner & Blublood

Attached Images

• Wench_Black_Pearl_T_shirt.jpg

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#2 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:45 PM

Speaking of the story....Well Neptuner seems to have gone on for a while and as it is said a picture is worth a thousand words........

Attached Images

• booty.jpg

“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#3 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:47 PM

And if one is worth a thousand then two.....

Attached Images

• pretty_Dmaster.jpg

“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#4 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:51 PM

Oh yes, we did a little diving also.

#5 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:57 PM

This was pretty fun...Went sailing for the day and lobster diving off the boat. Nothing like fresh bugs, taters and beers carib style.

Attached Images

• lobster.jpg

#6 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:58 PM

:P Oh my word, how on earth did you ever come across this perfect treasure? It is absolutely perfect for our Head Wench. I am quite sure she will wear it with extreme pride. Inquiring minds want to know just exactly how this rare gem was acquired. There seems to be many blanks in the Tale of Blublood and Neptuner's Excellent Adventure. If you ever remember, maybe one day, if it comes back to you, you could even tell us a little bit about the diving. :-D

Glad you had a good time. It sounds like a great trip.

Miss you guys.

Sandy

#7 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 11 May 2005 - 11:23 PM

I would agree this treasure is perfect for our leader.
It looks like the diving was really brutal. Beer, food and babes. I am glad you had each other to depend on.
Can't wait to read more about this adventure.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#8 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 12 May 2005 - 04:48 AM

<GROAN> It sounds as if a friendship based on a shared diabolical streak was formed. So, did you recruit any of the babes for the site? I'm sure all the guys here are hoping that you did....
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#9 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 04:57 PM

Oh, Miss ScubaPunk, you're such a sweetheart... we miss you too. As for how we obtained the shirt, let's just say that there are few limitations on what one can acquire when the right amount of money or favors are exchanged. 'Nuff said. I'll let Blublood fill in the other gaps in the stories... I know he has LOTS more pictures to post... and I wouldn't let him take pictures of the real incriminating stuff, as you know from the HHH #2... LOL!

Thanks for the confirmation Miss gis_gal, I knew Wenchy HAD to have this the moment I saw it. Yes, it is true we had to withstand some severe hardships on our adventure, including a full body security search at the airport in Honduras, but hey, someone's gotta do it. And yes, my brother and I have leaned on each other in more ways than one, aye Blublood? :wub:

My darling Miss Marvel, surely you jest!?!?! A diabolical streak in the likes of us??? I shudder at the mere insinuation. I think the connection is based more upon a common life goal... Carpe Diem! As for new recruits, we are always willing to share the "Booty" once it's been surrendered!

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#10 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 13 May 2005 - 07:31 AM

Neptuner - LOVE reading your writing. Somehow, darlin', it's like reading a poem of how the shirt came to be. Tell us, are you the dad that explains how the clock was made when your kids ask you what time it is (well, since they're all old enough to read the time themselves now, they probably don't ask much any more, but think back when they were little).....

No, seriously, good stuff. Glad to have you at the HHH - hope you'll be able to make it back to one of our gatherings again. You wit and charm was soaked up by the women, and envied by the men... :welcome: :birthday: :dance:

Can't wait to hear more about the trip!

K

#11 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 03:08 PM

Oh Miss Katie (P.S. I like Babs better!) you are far too kind, but I'm glad that someone enjoys my meandering prose. :teeth:
Yes, I am still the kind of father you speak of... except that I usually explain things BEFORE they even ask. They probably know more then they want to!
Thank YOU for making us feel so welcome at HHH#2! I promise you I will make it down that way again, good friends are always worth the travel. Sounds like the next one will have dancing too... another perfect opportunity for me to make a fool of myself!

TheScubaCowboy

#12 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:58 AM

In keeping with Latitude Adjustment's recent "Single Men's Guide To" thread, I wanted to remind everyone just how important it is to "represent and recruit" for SD.com, even if you find yourself in the unpleasant situation of being on a trip with the whole SD.com gang (definitely NOT the preffered travel method). While the work may be almost excruciating at times, someone has to do it... and spreading the word about SD.com can be a very rewarding task.

You may learn a thing or two about music...

Attached Images

• HPIM2909.jpg

TheScubaCowboy

#13 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:59 AM

Go grocery shopping for international cuisine...

Attached Images

• HPIM2941.jpg

TheScubaCowboy

#14 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:01 AM

Learn aboriginal fire making methods...

Attached Images

• HPIM2971.jpg

TheScubaCowboy

#15 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:02 AM

Sail the open sea... perhaps even sing a few sailor songs...

Attached Images

• HPIM2992.jpg

TheScubaCowboy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users