• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Roatan - West End Story

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 Neptuner

Neptuner

I spend too much time on line

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:50 PM

Aye mate... as a conniseuer of fine drink, I will take yer word on that one and try it meeself. Where does it originate?

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#32 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 11:44 PM

And yet, based on the images, the following words spring to mind . . .

. . . store . . . candy . . . kids . . .

Now my dear Miss annasea, you know me better than that by now... women are beautifully exotic treasures, each one unique and extraordinary in their own special way.

Why indeed I do, my even dearer Mr. Neptuner!

Just as I wrote . . .

. . . store . . . candy . . . kids . . .

Sounds like 'someone' had most definitely been sampling at the candy store!

:lmao: + :teeth:

#33 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:13 AM

Aye mate... as a conniseuer of fine drink, I will take yer word on that one and try it meeself. Where does it originate?

It comes from Haiti. Next time you're in the Eastern Caribbean, pick up a bottle or two. it's about 1/2 the price it is in the States. One of the finest sipping rums available.

Really great pictures! Thanks for sharing! I hope I have as much fun in Utila.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#34 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:33 AM

Sounds like 'someone' had most definitely been sampling at the candy store!

:unsure: You absolutely crack me up darlin'... your charm is stellar!

It comes from Haiti. Next time you're in the Eastern Caribbean, pick up a bottle or two. it's about 1/2 the price it is in the States. One of the finest sipping rums available.

Really great pictures! Thanks for sharing! I hope I have as much fun in Utila.

Thanks for the tip me good Cap'n, I shall definitely partake on my next venture!

You are quite welcome for the pics drbill, I just wish I had an underwater setup as well... the scenery down there really was quite astounding too!

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#35 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:32 AM

"Flor de Cana" is good, but you should also try "Rhum Brabancourt" 14 year--no coke no lime, just a little ice. It'll give you a new perspective on Rhum!!!!

Well Micheal, I know you were a bit preoccupied but you did try that fine Rhum Brabancourt....

The story....Second night in Roatan we were up in the room playing some tunes and the guy staying downstairs who had just arrived came up with a grumpy look on his face. Turns out he couldn't hear the pickin' just the foot thumpin' on the floor. When he saw we were playin'...Well, whole new story.

Turns out he spends a lot of time there and low and behold the manager just happened to be keeping his washtub bass for him...Yes, a real honest to goodness washtub base. Long story short he got his washtub and we played and played and he played it like the stone cold pro he was...Perfect.

Oh yes, the Rhum Brabancourt....Micheal, remember that flask he kept passing around? Thats what it was....Remember he kept cooing about his 14 year old rum? Ok, so thats the long version of a short story and very, very good rum. Thanks Doc for crankin' my brain up to some fond memories....Wish we had some pictures but we were a bit busy jammin'!
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#36 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:38 AM

So what did you think about that "Flor de Cana"? Up to Expectations?

Doc, I REALLY like Flor De Cana. I actually had no expectations as I had never known about it. It was recommended by an ol. expat we met there. I happen to love rum so it was a treat for me....Most excellent with fruit or coke mix...We drank it, most times, iceless with a little coke or juice just to water it down! :flower:
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#37 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:45 AM

Doc, I REALLY like Flor De Cana. I actually had no expectations as I had never known about it. It was recommended by an ol. expat we met there. I happen to love rum so it was a treat for me....Most excellent with fruit or coke mix...We drank it, most times, iceless with a little coke or juice just to water it down!

Flor de Cana is a most excellent rum, too. Very similar to Brabancourt. Purists deplore the coke mixture, but I like it and mojitos as well.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#38 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:58 AM

Doc, I REALLY like Flor De Cana. I actually had no expectations as I had never known about it. It was recommended by an ol. expat we met there. I happen to love rum so it was a treat for me....Most excellent with fruit or coke mix...We drank it, most times, iceless with a little coke or juice just to water it down!

Flor de Cana is a most excellent rum, too. Very similar to Brabancourt. Purists deplore the coke mixture, but I like it and mojitos as well.

Ummm.... yummmm...... Rummmmmm!!! I still haven't cracked open the bottle of Flor de Caña that I brought back with me from Honduras. Saving it for a special occasion......

#39 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:04 AM

Thank you brother blublood... now it's all coming back to me. I never registered the name of the Rum that night... but then again, that's your department and obviously you did it well. You remember the good drinks and I remember the girl's names and e-mails... :flower:

I do recall the whole scenario now... when my voice was getting hoarse he kept giving me more of that Rum to sooth my throat, right? How cool is that man... some guy we just met grabs his washtub base, jams with us half the night, shares his 14 year old Rum with us and then turns us on to an awesome little Rasta boat captain for some sailin' and bug-huntin' a day later. See what happens when you spread da' love mahn...

TheScubaCowboy

#40 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:06 AM

I still haven't cracked open the bottle of Flor de Caña that I brought back with me from Honduras. Saving it for a special occasion......

Funny you should mention that bud, I was saving mine for the next time blublood and I get together for a musical creatvity adventure... which happens to be this weekend! :flower:

TheScubaCowboy

#41 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:33 AM

This weekend? And where might that be and why wasn't I invited, hum? Blublood, didn't we have just this very conversation this past weekend? :flower:
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#42 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:12 AM

This weekend? And where might that be and why wasn't I invited, hum? Blublood, didn't we have just this very conversation this past weekend? :birthday:

No Agenda recording session at Casa Sanders in Albuquerque.......Z Man, you have always had the open ended invite....But I happen to know damn good and well where you will be this weekend...Does Stetson Bank on that pretty cruiser that backed up to Sea Searcher ring a bell? :respect:

#43 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:16 AM

Well I am no purist....A good cuba libra always puts me in a good mood but if you drink a few the coke does bad things to you. Another mixture that I was turned on to in Roatan is good rum...a bit of soda water and a twist of lime.....very, very good and probably wouldn't offend the purist too much!

#44 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:23 AM

This weekend? And where might that be and why wasn't I invited, hum? Blublood, didn't we have just this very conversation this past weekend?  :birthday:

No Agenda recording session at Casa Sanders in Albuquerque.......Z Man, you have always had the open ended invite....But I happen to know damn good and well where you will be this weekend...Does Stetson Bank on that pretty cruiser that backed up to Sea Searcher ring a bell? :respect:

Ummmm.....errrrrrr.....OH YEAH! Stetson, but I will have to tell ya bra, it's just not going to be the same now. I now have some very fond memories that I don't think will EVER be matched.
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#45 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 12:16 PM

Rest assured ZD, there will be many future sessions and your presence would be a welcome addition! Hopefully I'll get the chance to dive with you soon as well!

TheScubaCowboy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users