• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

4 Riddles

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Cert Level:Private
  • Logged Dives:Private

Posted 13 May 2005 - 05:48 PM

Question 1

A man was found murdered on Sunday morning. His wife immediately called the police. The police questioned the wife and staff and got these alibis:

The Wife said she was sleeping.
The Cook was cooking breakfast.
The Gardener was picking vegetables.
The Maid was getting the mail.
The Butler was cleaning the closet.

The police instantly arrested the murderer. Who did it and how did they know?

Question 2

A man walks into a his bathroom and shoots himself right between the eyes using a real gun with real bullets. He walks out alive, with no blood anywhere. And no, he didn't miss and he wasn't Superman or any other caped crusader.

How did he do this?

Question 3

Old Mr. Tidy was found dead in his study by Mr. Fiend. Mr. Fiend recounted his dismal discovery to the police. "I was walking by Mr. Tidy`s house when I thought I would just pop in for a visit. I noticed his study light was on and I decided to peek in from the outside to see if he was in there. There was frost on the window, so I had to wipe it away to see inside. That is when I saw his body. So I kicked in the front door to confirm my suspicions of foul play. I called the police immediately afterward." The officer immediately arrested Mr. Fiend for the murder of Mr. Tidy. How did he know Mr. Fiend was lying?

Question 4

If you touch me, you will die, but you can only live without me. I am a big part of your life, and will eventually be the only thing left. You will learn to embrace me finally at rest. What am I?

#2 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 13 May 2005 - 05:55 PM

My answers are here, but to preserve the fun for others, I typed in white text. Highlight the following with your mouse to read my proposed answers (I didn't get #4).

1. The Maid did it -- no mail delivery on Sunday.

2. The man shot his reflection in the mirror.

3. If there was frost on the window outside, there would be condensation on the interior of the window, ergo, Mr. Fiend wouldn't have been able to see inside.

4. This one temporarily stumped me, so I'll let someone else tackle it.

These are fun, go find some more and post them!

Edited by ShamuLovesMe, 13 May 2005 - 06:14 PM.

#3 drdiver

drdiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 13 May 2005 - 05:56 PM

Question 1.

The Maid. There's no mail delivery on Sunday.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#4 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 13 May 2005 - 05:58 PM

Good one. I'm stumpted.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#5 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 06:03 PM

Three friends check into a motel for the night and the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance. So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room. A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5. He asks the bellhop to return $5 to the 3 friends who had just checked in. The bellhop sees this as an opportunity to make $2 as he reasons that the three friends would have a tough time dividing $5 evenly among them; so he decides to tell them that the clerk made a mistake of only $3, giving a dollar back to each of the friends. He pockets the leftover $2 and goes home for the day! Now, each of the three friends gets a dollar back, thus they each paid $9 for the room which is a total of $27 for the night. We know the bellhop pocketed $2 and adding that to the $27, you get $29, not $30 which was originally spent. Where did the other dollar go????

#6 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 13 May 2005 - 06:07 PM

Well you are right that each payed $9 but the room cost $25. So $27 - $25 = $2.

#7 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 06:15 PM

A woman has 7 children, half of them are boys. How can this be possible?

#8 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 06:19 PM

There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word - from nine letters right down to a single letter. What is the original word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?

#9 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Location:Tennessee but my heart belongs to the Lone Star State!
  • Cert Level:Advanced, NITROX, Getting Ready to go tech
  • Logged Dives:Not enough, never enough!!

Posted 13 May 2005 - 06:32 PM

good grief richard those jokes are so old that I kicked the training wheels of my 2 wheeler...
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#10 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 13 May 2005 - 06:36 PM

A woman has 7 children, half of them are boys. How can this be possible?

They're all boys?

#11 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 06:55 PM

good grief richard those jokes are so old that I kicked hte training wheels of my 2 wheeler...

I'm selecting the easy ones....playing for the lowest common denominator. Just kidding, they aren't THAT easy, LOLOLOL. But if you'd like some that are a tad more difficult, I can arrainge that too! LOL

#12 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 06:55 PM

A woman has 7 children, half of them are boys.  How can this be possible?

They're all boys?

YES!

#13 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 06:56 PM

My answers are here, but to preserve the fun for others, I typed in white text. Highlight the following with your mouse to read my proposed answers (I didn't get #4).

1. The Maid did it -- no mail delivery on Sunday.

2. The man shot his reflection in the mirror.

3. If there was frost on the window outside, there would be condensation on the interior of the window, ergo, Mr. Fiend wouldn't have been able to see inside.

4. This one temporarily stumped me, so I'll let someone else tackle it.

These are fun, go find some more and post them!

You got them! All but 4...but I think you may have already figured it out...your good at this!

#14 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 08:31 PM

good grief richard those jokes are so old that I kicked hte training wheels of my 2 wheeler...

I'm selecting the easy ones....playing for the lowest common denominator. Just kidding, they aren't THAT easy, LOLOLOL. But if you'd like some that are a tad more difficult, I can arrainge that too! LOL

I think you need to come up with a hard one for Ms. Smartypants. If she feels brave enough to think without her training wheels, let's see what she can do.

:teeth: :lmao: :lmao:

#15 maninthesea

maninthesea

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Cert Level:Trimix and Rebreather also Padi Inst and TDI Inst Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Quit that long ago-Nothing left to prove

Posted 13 May 2005 - 08:40 PM

I am wondering what 4 is. I would post my guess in white but its not on the drop down list and I dont know any other way.

Could you post the answer in White?

Cheers Jim
Tip of the day- Never suck on a loaded gun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users