• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

New Gal on the Block

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#76 WillDiveForBeer

WillDiveForBeer

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:52

Posted 20 May 2005 - 01:17 PM

Don't listen to the other Mike...he's just tricking you into diving in COLD water, LOL...

-The other, other Mike-

Hello "other, other Mike" --

Is that so? I'm so glad you warned me! :cool1: I'm not worried, my next two "beginner" dive trips are to the Keys and back to the Bahamas this summer! Gotta keep the tan, you know! :wakawaka:

Mmmm....Bahamas....I need to go....I can't wait until my friend's father-in-law buys/builds his retirement house there...I have a virtual key to the place, so I think I will make that my 1st trip there.

The Keys huh? Let us know when you are going, I'm sure a few SD'ers from FL would be more than welcome to get to know you and do a few dives.

-Now I am back to just the other Mike-

#77 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 21 May 2005 - 09:15 AM

...I have a virtual key to the place, so I think I will make that my 1st trip there.

So what are you saying? Are you inviting us all out there for a dive? :birthday:

#78 WillDiveForBeer

WillDiveForBeer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 02:09 AM

...I have a virtual key to the place, so I think I will make that my 1st trip there.

So what are you saying? Are you inviting us all out there for a dive? :welcome:

No, a virtual key meaning I have an open invite when they move down there, to visit so I can do my diving. Unfortunently they don't like to dive, but they do like to snorkel and they know I LOVE diving; so I figure I'd make my first trip down there where I'd have a house to stay in, rather than a hotel all by myself.

#79 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 22 May 2005 - 02:12 AM

No, a virtual key meaning I have an open invite when they move down there, to visit so I can do my diving. Unfortunently they don't like to dive, but they do like to snorkel and they know I LOVE diving; so I figure I'd make my first trip down there where I'd have a house to stay in, rather than a hotel all by myself.

I know, Silly! J was just kidding. :twist:

Just seeing if we SD'ers could sneak in a dive! :welcome:

#80 WillDiveForBeer

WillDiveForBeer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 02:32 AM

I know, Silly! J was just kidding. :twist:

Just seeing if we SD'ers could sneak in a dive! :welcome:

It's 4am, you should be sleeping, hehe.

#81 DiveScoop

DiveScoop

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:39 AM

Hello and welcome to the board!

Glad you liked your experience at Stuart Cove's. I've enjoyed diving there myself from time to time. Don't know if WW (wreck wench) is planning any trips there soon, but she might be. They filmed the upcoming "INTO THE BLUE" movie with Jessica Alba there, so you should be hearing a lot about SC's in the near future.

Scoop (Scott).
Dive Scoop

#82 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:45 AM

It's 4am, you should be sleeping, hehe.

Yeah, you're not kidding! :teeth:

I suppose that at least I'll be closer to being the "right" time zone for my trip to the west coast tomorrow! :birthday:

Edited by Bahamasita, 22 May 2005 - 07:46 AM.

#83 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:51 AM

Hello and welcome to the board!

Glad you liked your experience at Stuart Cove's. I've enjoyed diving there myself from time to time. Don't know if WW (wreck wench) is planning any trips there soon, but she might be. They filmed the upcoming "INTO THE BLUE" movie with Jessica Alba there, so you should be hearing a lot about SC's in the near future.

Scoop (Scott).

Thanks, Scott! I'm actually going back there in October with a group from my dive shop. Apparently some of them work there for part of the year (wonder how I could get such sweet deal!) and two are even good personal friends with Stuart Cove himself! The "Flipper" set is still there, and they also filmed some James Bond movies and the Pierce Brosnan one, "After the Sunset" there...and others, I'm sure.

They have a first class operation there...and some FINE divemasters! :teeth: I'm looking forward to my return trip. I think it will be much more exciting and enjoyable considering my first dives ever were with them (that's what got me hooked) and I was literally wet behind the ears!

#84 DiveScoop

DiveScoop

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:22 AM

You're right about the movie sets. Did you get some photos of your resort course while you were there? Where did they take you?

Some of the good wrecks got damaged during the hurricanes last fall, but there is still plenty of good stuff going on.

Stuart is a personal friend of mine and I spent some time with his marketing director this weekend the Scuba Show here in LA. Watch for some real cool announcements coming up in the near future! ;)

Scoop....
Dive Scoop

#85 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:54 AM

Howdy!!

Since you welcome thread has taken on a life of its own, let me interrupt by saying that we are certainly glad that you found us and more importantly that you are now calling this home. You have now discovered the friendliest site on the net!!!

;) :usflag: :welcome:

DBD
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#86 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:54 AM

You're right about the movie sets. Did you get some photos of your resort course while you were there? Where did they take you?

Some of the good wrecks got damaged during the hurricanes last fall, but there is still plenty of good stuff going on.

Stuart is a personal friend of mine and I spent some time with his marketing director this weekend the Scuba Show here in LA. Watch for some real cool announcements coming up in the near future! ;)

Scoop....

Really? You know Stuart? That's very cool. I think my dives in Nassau this fall will be hosted by Stuart because of the relationship with the guys from my dive shop and Stuart. Per chance, are you familliar with Larry (I think his last name is Hammond) or Henry Johnson? They are apparently well-known at Stuart Cove's since they have so many dive trips there. Larry stays at Stuart's house when he's out there.

We went first to the Continental Divide, which I have only seen from the small portals of a tourist submarine until now. It felt like flying! I stuck close with my divemaster on that one -- I can't believe how unbelievably dark it looked and what a drop!!! Such a sharp contrast from the coral reef that was so nearby. We were supposed to go to one of the wrecks that day for the second dive, but due to weather conditions, we weren't able to that day. I am dying to go back and try the shark dives!

I did see the aftermath of the hurricanes from last year, but it looks like they are bouncing back fast!

#87 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:55 AM

Howdy!!

Since you welcome thread has taken on a life of its own, let me interrupt by saying that we are certainly glad that you found us and more importantly that you are now calling this home. You have now discovered the friendliest site on the net!!!

;) :usflag: :welcome:

DBD

I guess it has taken on a life of its own! Thanks for the warm welcome! You all are a terrific bunch of people! Can't wait to meet you all on some dives! :)

#88 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:59 AM

Scoop....

Too bad I didn't know about the scuba show (if only I'd known about this board earlier....) in time. My aunt lives in Redondo Beach and I have to be in San Francisco tomorrow. That would have been a nice side trip before heading up to SF! How was the show?

#89 DiveScoop

DiveScoop

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:23 AM

Show was pretty good. Lots of travel destinations there and a few equipment companies. Have you decided on what gear you plan to purchase? I'm sure everyone here on the board will likely have some suggestions for you!

SJ
Dive Scoop

#90 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:39 PM

Show was pretty good. Lots of travel destinations there and a few equipment companies. Have you decided on what gear you plan to purchase? I'm sure everyone here on the board will likely have some suggestions for you!

SJ

Yes, I posted some questions earlier about regulators and BCs and everyone was EXTREMELY helpful. I'm planning on getting a 3 mm neoprene wetsuit (for the tropical waters where I plan on doing most of my initial diving), a regulator, and a BC. I figure I'll do some research between now and my July trip to figure out what type to get. I may be limited to what the local dive shops carry around here. Budget permitting (and with my being a raging gadget freak), I also want to get a dive computer....then eventually the rest of the stuff. Of course, there are the accessories -- part of the fun of shopping! :teeth: I want a big knife! :cool1:

Edited by Bahamasita, 22 May 2005 - 03:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users