• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Now I understand women - NOT!

• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

#1 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:14 PM

I've been trying to share with other divers that one can easily get chilled, even after a few days of tropical weather and water - as 81 is not 98.6, and of course - more so in cooler waters and weather. West Coast US divers generally know to wear head protection both in the water and above in the wind, as body heat can be sucked out there quickly, but - other divers tend to be less likely to accept the suggestions, and - then there's women...?!

I kept explaining to women, but most around me kept diving bareheaded, and drying their hair in the wind. They'd abort dives, complain, shiver. I couldn't understand? Do they not believe me; do they not understand; do they just prefer griping...?

One of them finally told me this weekend!! They don't want the hoods and after dive caps to mat and tangle their hair. OK-fine! Now, I know.

It's okay. I appreciate nice hair on women, and I'll be glad to put my arm around one anytime they shiver. Yet, while women generally use less air than men - part of the reason they generally chill faster than men, I still don't want to buddy with one that aborts early...

Edited by DandyDon, 26 April 2004 - 04:19 PM.

What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#2 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:18 PM

what if we compromise and wear the hood underwater and then take it off during the surface interval? DD, we just want to be nice looking eye-candy (that may be redundant) sometimes, especially when it's sunny and bright out and we see other females (& some men) diving in pretty bikinis while we laborously don our 5-mils to get into the caribbean.

#3 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:41 PM

... and - then there's women...?!

... do they just prefer griping...?

Oh, don't even get me goin' ....
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#4 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:41 PM

Ah but 'Chie, those of us who really count (your family here on SD), find 5mm outfits quite attractive. I think I'd be far more attracted to a woman wearing one than I would to many women wearing a bikini (especially a thong unless they are well suited for it). A woman in a 5mm full, or better yet a 3mm shortie, is definitely my kind of "eye candy."

Dr. B.

PS- This board proves the essence of my weekly newspaper column, and the truth of the philosophy espoused by John Steinbeck and Edward F. "Doc" Ricketts in their Log from the Sea of Cortez! There are two fundamental drives in any species... food and sex. Well, it's time for the former so I'm signing off!

Edited by drbill, 26 April 2004 - 04:42 PM.

#5 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:43 PM

what if we compromise and wear the hood underwater and then take it off during the surface interval? DD, we just want to be nice looking eye-candy (that may be redundant) sometimes, especially when it's sunny and bright out and we see other females (& some men) diving in pretty bikinis while we laborously don our 5-mils to get into the caribbean.

If I'm seeing men in pretty bikinis while I'm diving, hypothermia is not the first thing I'm worried about in my choice of vacation spots.

Besides, as we well know, ALL SD.com chickadees are eye candy!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#6 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:44 PM

hey cyber stalker I ('cause i'll defer and take the CSII title), if you read closely even DD is GRIPING about the eccentric wiles of women! hrmph..."oh, don't even get me going' about women griping"...sheesh! and then if ya' do get goin', then you're griping, too! :wakawaka: i know i'm right (but then that's another thread about women always being right...j/k!)

#7 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:47 PM

i'm with you, dd. i'm all about hoods (i even make my own). i may look like turtle underwater, but at least i stay warm. and, being from a family of brothers, i am one chick who actually knows how to wear a baseball cap correctly....bill CURVED, not straight and dorky looking!

and doc...just curious...would you have informed uus if it'd been time for the LATTER??!! WAY more interesting than food!

#8 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:49 PM

Now, triggerfish... it's ALWAYS time for the latter (assuming one can find a willing partner in crime). It's just so much easier to find food (even the stuff I cook is nearly edible).

Dr. B.

#9 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:53 PM

i'm with you, dd. i'm all about hoods (i even make my own). i may look like turtle underwater, but at least i stay warm. and, being from a family of brothers, i am one chick who actually knows how to wear a baseball cap correctly....bill CURVED, not straight and dorky looking!

Right on, lady...!!

and doc...just curious...would you have informed uus if it'd been time for the LATTER??!!

No way! He's all gentleman!

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#10 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:54 PM

hey triggerfish...remember about the mention to the FFC...a gentlemen doesn't kiss and tell...he just films it underwater!

#11 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:55 PM

hey cyber stalker I ('cause i'll defer and take the CSII title), if you read closely even DD is GRIPING about the eccentric wiles of women! hrmph..."oh, don't even get me going' about women griping"...sheesh! and then if ya' do get goin', then you're griping, too! :) i know i'm right (but then that's another thread about women always being right...j/k!)

OK there, CSII, making an "editorial note" of a readily observed natural phenomenon hardly makes me guilty of the same offense.

"Eccentric wiles?" Very diplomatic! :wakawaka:

#12 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:55 PM

Hon {may I call you "Hon"?}, you women can do as you prefer; this is just discussion. Hotties like you {may I call you "Hottie"?} are certainly accustomed to doing so, and - I offer my body heat any Surface Interval. :wakawaka:

#13 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:56 PM

and doc...just curious...would you have informed uus if it'd been time for the LATTER??!! WAY more interesting than food!

... and if you can manage to combine the two......... :wakawaka:

#14 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:59 PM

and doc...just curious...would you have informed uus if it'd been time for the LATTER??!!  WAY more interesting than food!

... and if you can manage to combine the two......... :wakawaka:

it gets really messy! i tried to be a maxim hometown hottie, but they didn't want me. i should have put on my gear, sure to have gotten more votes that way! :) okay, i've got to leave for narwhal's class ... like ... five minutes ago! it'll be "annie...annie...are you okay? i'm medically trained, and i can help!" followed by hooter's eye candy and mudbugs.

#15 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:01 PM

I offer my body heat any Surface Interval. :wakawaka:

DandyDon...at it again. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users