• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Now I understand women - NOT!

• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

#16 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:13 PM

and doc...just curious...would you have informed uus if it'd been time for the LATTER??!!  WAY more interesting than food!

... and if you can manage to combine the two......... :)

it gets really messy! i tried to be a maxim hometown hottie, but they didn't want me. i should have put on my gear, sure to have gotten more votes that way! :teeth: okay, i've got to leave for narwhal's class ... like ... five minutes ago! it'll be "annie...annie...are you okay? i'm medically trained, and i can help!" followed by hooter's eye candy and mudbugs.

.... and the downside here is ..... what?

And by the way, the talent editors at Maxim are either blind or stupid, take your choice!

Which brings me to a brand new brainstorm .... how about a "Ladies of SD.com" swimsuit/wetsuit calendar? :wakawaka:
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#17 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:15 PM

Which brings me to a brand new brainstorm .... how about a "Ladies of SD.com" swimsuit/wetsuit calendar? :wakawaka:

:)
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#18 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:26 PM

it gets really messy!

Not necessarily.

i tried to be a maxim hometown hottie, but they didn't want me.

Try Divers Ocean Planet Magazine I'll bet they'd want you.

Actually, Don, once the water reaches 93° F, you'll never get chilled. If the water is warmer than that, you'll get overheated. You have to get rid of excess heat produced by your body.

Personally, I wear a dry suit if the water temp drops into the 40's or below. In the 50's, I wear a ÂĽ inch farmer john/jacket (beaver tail) combo with a hood. In the 60's I drop the hood (unless I'm planning to spend a lot of time in the water). In the 70's I wear a 3/2 mm one piece suit (unless it's going to be a short dive). In the 80's or warmer, I wear a swim suit. I've discovered over the years, I'm comfortable diving with those levels of thermal protection. Air temps can affect this. Others chill easier while still others have more tolerance for cold.

It's also handy to have warm dry clothing for the SI. A wet wet suit is not warm on the boat.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#19 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:59 PM

I've been trying to share with other divers that one can easily get chilled, even after a few days of tropical weather and water - as 81 is not 98.6, and of course - more so in cooler waters and weather. West Coast US divers generally know to wear head protection both in the water and above in the wind, as body heat can be sucked out there quickly, but - other divers tend to be less likely to accept the suggestions, and - then there's women...?!

I kept explaining to women, but most around me kept diving bareheaded, and drying their hair in the wind. They'd abort dives, complain, shiver. I couldn't understand? Do they not believe me; do they not understand; do they just prefer griping...?

One of them finally told me this weekend!! They don't want the hoods and after dive caps to mat and tangle their hair. OK-fine! Now, I know.

It's okay. I appreciate nice hair on women, and I'll be glad to put my arm around one anytime they shiver. Yet, while women generally use less air than men - part of the reason they generally chill faster than men, I still don't want to buddy with one that aborts early...

Suggest that they put conditioner in their hair before the dive....they'll think you're a genius!!
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#20 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 26 April 2004 - 06:11 PM

it's ALWAYS time for the latter (assuming one can find a willing partner in crime).

ahh, doc.....too bad you're way over in california. guys always bemoan the fact that they can't find willing partners; even in this day and age, i think a lot of men are still intimidated by strong women!

#21 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 26 April 2004 - 06:13 PM

it's ALWAYS time for the latter (assuming one can find a willing partner in crime).

ahh, doc.....too bad you're way over in california. guys always bemoan the fact that they can't find willing partners; even in this day and age, i think a lot of men are still intimidated by strong women!

I think weak men are intimidated by strong women. Just leaves more of them for the rest of us! :cool2:
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#22 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 06:42 PM

Suggest that they put conditioner in their hair before the dive....they'll think you're a genius!!

Yeah - that makes a lot of sense. Except my experience in suggesting anything directly to women has a poor record. I'll say that you said it's a good idea... :cool2:

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#23 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 07:05 PM

I think weak men are intimidated by strong women. Just leaves more of them for the rest of us

sweetie, i think i am in LOVE!!!!!!

at least for an hour.....

Edited by triggerfish, 26 April 2004 - 07:05 PM.

#24 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:00 PM

Strong woman, triggerfish? Just how much do you bench?

Jextract is right on.

Marvel- there's a thread on ScubaBoard asking people NOT to use conditioner due to environmental concerns. I use a bit to squeeze into my wetsuit.

Dr. B.

#25 sapphire

sapphire

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:25 PM

I feel the need to jump in here... Not ALL women, DD, are so concerned with how they "look" that they don't take precautions to stay warm, or out of the sun, or whatever the situation may be.

Just how many of the women that you dive with abort dives because they did not wear a hat during the SI? I take plenty of precautions to stay warm, but I STILL get cold when diving (even in my 5mm in 84 degree water). But I rarely CALL the dive for that, unless there is nothing else going on to see or take a picture of... I might call it because of a combination of "Cold" and "Bored", but that is probably it... :cool2:

Even when my teeth were chattering while diving with Dr. Bill and Walter, I was not bored... just icy cold, LOL!

jennifer

#26 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:29 PM

Jennifer is tough. She stuck it out with us through 2 dives in 51° F water. This was after telling me she gets cold easily. I was (still am) impressed. OTOH, Bill was diving in a shorty. I'm not sure he has nerve endings in his legs.

DSSW,

WWW™

#27 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:31 PM

I feel the need to jump in here...  Not ALL women, DD, are so concerned with how they "look" that they don't take precautions to stay warm, or out of the sun, or whatever the situation may be.

Just how many of the women that you dive with abort dives because they did not wear a hat during the SI?  I take plenty of precautions to stay warm, but I STILL get cold when diving (even in my 5mm in 84 degree water).  But I rarely CALL the dive for that, unless there is nothing else going on to see or take a picture of... I might call it because of a combination of "Cold" and "Bored", but that is probably it...  :)

Even when my teeth were chattering while diving with Dr. Bill and Walter, I was not bored... just icy cold, LOL!

jennifer

Yes, Ma'am...! :D

But I did say:

West Coast US divers generally know to wear head protection both in the water and above in the wind...

But then, I've heard nothing but great about your diving. I'd love to dive with you anytime, if ever the opportunity arises... :cool2:

But cold in a 5 mil, in 84 degrees? :teeth: I understand that the best divers burn the less air, the less calories, and therefore the less body heat. Guess there's always the 7 mil next.

Edited by DandyDon, 26 April 2004 - 08:33 PM.

#28 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:38 PM

Don,

I find it very interesting that you posted the exact same thing in two differebt places and got vastly different responses.

Someplace else, there were not nearly as many responses and mostly you got your chops busted.

Here people had fun with the thread.

I really like it here!

Walter

DSSW,

WWW™

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:57 PM

But cold in a 5 mil, in 84 degrees?  :cool2: I understand that the best divers burn the less air, the less calories, and therefore the less body heat.  Guess there's always the 7 mil next.

Don...I think you saw me dive 81 degree water in Cozy in a 7mil that is really the warmth of a 9mm cuz I was freezing in my 5mm that is the warmth of 7mm. Of course I was down longer then everyone and yes it is safe to say that I move far less in the water then I saw you doing so perhaps you stay warmer due to movement??? In fact I rarely say you quiet in the water so I'm guessing that is how you stay warm.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#30 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:58 PM

jen...you go girl!! the more i dive, the less i move, and the colder i get. i'm not ashamed of that.

doc....i wish i could say i can press my weight, but i'd be lyin'. i'd rather press YOUR weight (hahahaha)!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users