• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dive Buddy Wanted

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:08 AM

There was a humorous exchange in another thread about writing a dive buddy wanted ad. I posted one that I've used tongue-in-cheek. I thought it might be interested to see if any other SD members (single or buddyless) would be willing to write their own dive buddy wanted ad for us all to see. It might give us further insight into who you are. On second thought, you may not want to reveal that much. Make it serious or (better yet) humorous!

Any takers?

Dr. Bill

#2 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:17 AM

Wanted:

Female Dive Buddy to accompany single male diver on numerous dive outings. Must be single and able to travel. Would prefer someone able to live simply and accept massive purchases of dive gear without complaint. Main vehicle should be a large car or truck to facilitate the carry of large amounts of equipment.

Diving experience preferred, but not essential. Should love diving cold water and historic wrecks. Definite plus would be to already own cold water gear.

Please send picture of Truck and Drysuit to (if already owned). If not owned, please be aware that these purchases will be forthcoming!

Edited by Diverbrian, 27 April 2004 - 10:19 AM.

A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#3 Socal_Scuba_Gal

Socal_Scuba_Gal

Getting started

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 10:59 PM

Hi there,

I am a fun loving scuba addict looking for a male, unattached buddy that has the same passion and desire for diving as I do. You must be able to dive often, and dive deep, at least 4 times a week. You must like to dive during the day as well as night. You must like cold water diving; diving from a boat; and diving from shore. You must also like traveling to exotic dive locations. You must also be in tune with you buddy rescue techniques....buddy breathing, mouth to mouth, and CPR.

With all of that said, am I asking too much??? LOL :lmao:

~Jan

#4 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:34 PM

Amused that so few have posted on this thread. Here we are, single divers trying to find a buddy and we're not creating an ad that might result in potential responses. On the other hand, several members did post their desired buddy characteristics in another thread.

Dr. B.

#5 Coo's Toe

Coo's Toe

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Cert Level: DIR-F

Posted 03 May 2004 - 01:10 AM

Single aquatic male seeks single aquatic female for underwater rendezvous, and occaisional landlubbing. 1 1/2 ton comercial moving van not essential, but preferred. Please send a brief description of your diving experiance, and photos of yourself, your RV, 30+ foot dive boat, and/or house on Catalina to: Skippy, aka Aquaboy. Ad #1110367

#6 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 03 May 2004 - 01:08 PM

sorry dr. b, been trying to figure out the perfect ad, but this will have to do since you're accusing me of feigned disinterest. :P

SAF seeking SAM, preferably with large vehicle to haul things around in as i will not give up my tiny car and will prefer to borrow yours as much as possible. must be willing to try new things such as costumes and making home movies :lol: and be an excellent handy-man as my wings fall off my back from time to time. desire mentor types...someone with a lot of dive experience who won't mind spending lots of time underwater, and even more time topside, teaching me some tricks and learning some new ones of your own. :taz: must enjoy some nibbling and violence, but only on a friendly level which will never really get out of hand (unless you want it to of course!). comfort, yours and mine, in and out of the water should be a priority for the both of us. prefer men to be taller than me in thigh high riding boots which i borrow from marvel from time to time (which isn't hard as i've been described as petite) who would be able to lift me but not necessarily my dive gear as i'm a tough broad and can carry my own things! the lifting is for other activities and be assured that sleep, although welcome, is not always a luxury in our house as life is meant for living and we really don't have enough time as our list of to do things is long...OTOH....i do like repetative things as long as the activity is pleasurable for both of the independent, witty, and sensitive souls seeking to be in-house dive buddies. double bonus points if you own a giraffe or a penguin!

#7 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:08 PM

Single aquatic male seeks single aquatic female for underwater rendezvous, and occaisional landlubbing. 1 1/2 ton comercial moving van not essential, but preferred. Please send a brief description of your diving experiance, and photos of yourself, your RV, 30+ foot dive boat, and/or house on Catalina to: Skippy, aka Aquaboy. Ad #1110367

Skippy? You realize you're tagged for all eternity now!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#8 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:10 PM

... SAF seeking SAM, ...

Damn... gotta find me a top-notch plastic surgeon!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#9 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:23 PM

How about this one...

Life excites and fascinates me. I'm fun, active and athletic, rugged but refined, bright and cultured but not pretentious. I'll make you feel like the only woman in the world but am not clingy or needy. Looking for someone romantic, passionate, and chivalrous? You found him! I believe in integrity and character but also believe that life is supposed to be fun. I own a dive computer (but still do my tables), a tuxedo, and a toolbox and I know how to use them all. I was raised to be gracious and have made my moms proud, not only for what I've done but for who I am. I'm one of the more easygoing people you'll meet and am able to mix with any crowd, so don't worry about being sorry that you brought me to your company Christmas party. Family is huge to me, mine and yours, and I want to have kids in the future with you so if this is not in your plans we won't be a match. My friends find my somewhat off-center sense of humor hilarious, but not everyone gets it.

I love to SCUBA dive, ski, bike (mountain and road), camp/hike/rock climb, play golf, and let my four-year-old niece win at Old Maid. I love life and want to experience all it can offer. All that's missing is someone to share it with!

You: sweet, warm, sexy, fun, active/athletic, well-rounded. You find yourself on both of Santa's lists. I'm looking for a partner, not a possession ... looking to build an unstoppable team. You in?

#10 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:44 PM

How about this one...

Life excites and fascinates me.  I'm fun, active and athletic, rugged but refined, bright and cultured but not pretentious.  I'll make you feel like the only woman in the world but am not clingy or needy.  Looking for someone romantic, passionate, and chivalrous? You found him!  I believe in integrity and character but also believe that life is supposed to be fun.  I own a dive computer (but still do my tables), a tuxedo, and a toolbox and I know how to use them all.  I was raised to be gracious and have made my moms proud, not only for what I've done but for who I am.  I'm one of the more easygoing people you'll meet and am able to mix with any crowd, so don't worry about being sorry that you brought me to your company Christmas party.  Family is huge to me, mine and yours, and I want to have kids in the future with you so if this is not in your plans we won't be a match. My friends find my somewhat off-center sense of humor hilarious, but not everyone gets it.

I love to SCUBA dive, ski, bike (mountain and road), camp/hike/rock climb, play golf, and let my four-year-old niece win at Old Maid.  I love life and want to experience all it can offer. All that's missing is someone to share it with!

You:  sweet, warm, sexy, fun, active/athletic, well-rounded.  You find yourself on both of Santa's lists.  I'm looking for a partner, not a possession ... looking to build an unstoppable team.  You in?

Woohoo! Now to some single dating sites to do a keyword search- gotta find out where ELSE that ad is posted..... :taz:

Edited by Marvel, 03 May 2004 - 03:45 PM.

Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#11 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 10:42 AM

... SAF seeking SAM, ...

Damn... gotta find me a top-notch plastic surgeon!

surgeon for what?

#12 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 10:46 AM

I'll make you feel like the only woman in the world but am not clingy or needy. ...I own a dive computer (but still do my tables), a tuxedo, and a toolbox and I know how to use them all.

my goodness...now i have this urgent need to go to california for, uh, business! :bye:

#13 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 04 May 2004 - 10:53 AM

surgeon for what?

To make him look like a SAM
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#14 maxdvr

maxdvr

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:s.s.i. centry diver/rescue diver.. padi divemaster
  • Logged Dives:142 at last count

Posted 04 May 2004 - 10:55 AM

surgeon for what?

To make him look like a SAM

who the heck is sam?....
Posted Image
if your not living on the edge...your takin up to much space

landlocked by misfortune

"Kindness to others is the rent we pay for our time on Earth". - Muhammad Ali

#15 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 04 May 2004 - 10:57 AM

Single Asian Male
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users