• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

If I were the current Bachelor....

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 ColoradoPilot

ColoradoPilot

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:>300

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:42 PM

Trish would be gone next. Despite her initial elegant beauty, that has been blown away by her actions.

And she is not the girl next door.

Even if she were a diver, that would not make up for other attributes. Plus I do not see her being a diver. She might get her hair wet.

Edited by ColoradoPilot, 28 April 2004 - 08:44 PM.

#2 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:51 PM

Must admit I've never watched the bachelor so I have no clue. The program hits too close to home and that lucky SOB has how many women to choose from? There ought to be a law!

Dr. B.

#3 ColoradoPilot

ColoradoPilot

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 09:01 PM

He starts with 25 women. I don't think I have dated 25 women my entire life. The interesting thing about these shows is that few seem to work beyond the show. Kinda like few dates going beyond the first for an unnamed male diver here whose name I will not mention because I, er, I mean he, could not stand the shame.

Edited by ColoradoPilot, 28 April 2004 - 09:03 PM.

#4 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 09:13 PM

Hmmm, I may have dated 25 women in my life. In fact I'm sure of it. Especially if you count my 8th grade date to the big dance and my 5th grade girlfriend (whose parents had a swimming pool, hence my infatuation). But I've only had anything approaching a real relationship with about 15 of them.

Dr. B.

#5 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 29 April 2004 - 12:08 PM

After an interesting ride along the dating trail, I'd have to say that the best one of 'em all was "Joe Millionaire" ... had to love the premise, even though I felt like I had to take a shower after watching it.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#6 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 29 April 2004 - 12:18 PM

joe kind of fizzled in the end with his good girl pick. at least w/ average joe, i've heard all the "joe's" selected topside views rather than penetrating further. reality shows are like dirty vices that one has to indulge in on occassion just to turn your head to vapid mode for a few hours of relief from the screeching voices inside your head. (hmm...rambling and off topic in the same sentence...ADD at it again!)

#7 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 29 April 2004 - 12:25 PM

mischievous,

huh?
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#8 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 29 April 2004 - 12:27 PM

shh! it's the day-quil...messing with my head. don't mind me...just rambling today.

#9 ColoradoPilot

ColoradoPilot

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:53 PM

I detested the premise of Joe Millionaire. The entire show was based on lying to women.
I was hoping that the woman he picked would slap him and leave the room.

Last night on The Bachelor, the guy kept Trish. Sure she is gorgeous and elegant but after
hearing about her past she is hardly beautiful IMO.

Edited by ColoradoPilot, 29 April 2004 - 07:54 PM.

#10 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:58 PM

I detested the premise of Joe Millionaire. The entire show was based on lying to women.
I was hoping that the woman he picked would slap him and leave the room.

Last night on The Bachelor, the guy kept Trish. Sure she is gorgeous and elegant but after
hearing about her past she is hardly beautiful IMO.

Wisest thing to do, IMHO, is just turn off the TV. I have one but I don't have cable so I never watch it. I do miss hockey, though..... :lmao:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#11 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 30 April 2004 - 06:20 AM

"The Bachelor" is like most chic flicks not based on reality, I don't think I've dated 25 women either and I sure wouldn't want to do it all in one month. I've never watched it but have heard the women at work talking about it.
Sort of makes me glad I'm too old for the next one, the producers have approched Scubadiving magazine looking for a diver 30-40 years old and I assume 25 lady divers. :fish2:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#12 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 08:55 AM

Dating 25 different women in a lifetime isn't that much IMHO (assuming you count a woman you may have only had a few dates with before one of you realized there was no sense in going further). I'm sure there are plenty of local guys who date that many in a summer season due to all the transient workers in the tourist industry here and the influx of visitors as well. Not my cup of tea though.

Dr. B.

#13 scubahoney

scubahoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:20ish

Posted 07 May 2004 - 12:39 AM

It's an addiction...you can't stop watching even if you want to. What I hate is that the guys always get this beautiful women..the girls get just regular guys...what the heck. No one looks like those girls when they first wake up...and personally, I wouldn't want to. They just seem a little...too..made up (in both senses of the term) I guess.
The greatest resource of the ocean is not material but the boundless spring of inspiration and well-being we gain from her.
~Jacques Cousteau

#14 ColoradoPilot

ColoradoPilot

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 06:40 AM

I am not allowed to flirt here (or dance in public) but SH would be a excellent choice for most normal men.

#15 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 07 May 2004 - 06:50 AM

I am not allowed to flirt here

I don't know where you got this idea.

SH would be a excellent choice for most normal men.

She'd be perfect for you or me if she were 25 years older.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users