• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SeaSpace Report

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 06 June 2005 - 06:33 AM

Just thought I'd start a string for reports from SeaSpace. I worked on Sunday and was impressed with how many SD'ers were at or around the booth to lend their support. The ones I recall (please add if I missed any) .... scubapunk, tdtexas, platypusman, dustbowl diver, narwhal, Fin Again, fingrabber, trimix2dive, chief, sudsymark, stingray1, drdiver, and of course WW.

SD had an end booth and many folks stopped by to hear about the site, as well as about the North Carolina Wreck Diving trips that Kamala hosts. Lots of people signed up for the SD door prizes - with any luck, they'll also become members. A few even signed up at the booth - way to go gang!

I have to thank drdiver for turning me on to the greatest booth with cool hoods. I always wear a hood (so my sensitive little ears don't get cold and my hair doesn't get tangled)... they are custom made... I ordered one with rabbit ears, and one with the court jester look. Can't wait to receive them and dive with them.....

Dustbowl diver bid on and won a doo-rag (sp?) that certainly affirmed his comfort with his masculinity. He bid on a stylin' dive belt buckle but didn't win it. Dang. Better luck next time bud!

And, it wouldn't be complete if I didn't mention the dinner that a group of us went to after the show. The conversations quickly turned SDish - that is, they started off table level, and quickly reached bottom of the barrel in no time. I love it! Anyway, it was GREAT to meet those of you I hadn't met before... again, hope you'll return to Houston to see us before next year's SeaSpace!

Looking forward to reading posts from others who were at the show.

#2 Fin-again

Fin-again

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water + Nitrox - Several other Certs

Posted 06 June 2005 - 07:10 AM

Hi all :respect: ,

Hope the Dallas crew had a safe and uneventful drive back to the big D.

I enjoyed hanging with all the SD's at the booth and later at our Mexican dinner.

The Sassy Rabbit was really selling the SD's concept at the show Sunday and I think she'll get a bunch of new people to join our group. Way to go....

Thanks for all the work you all put in Great Show! :teeth:

Fin-Again :birthday:

#3 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 07:20 AM

Hi all  :respect: ,

The Sassy Rabbit was really selling the SD's concept at the show Sunday and I think she'll get a bunch of new people to join our group.  Way to go....

I think thou applieth WAY too much credit to my involvement.... it was definitely a tag team! It didn't hurt that we had a bunch of cute men in the booth (just ask tdtexas who I overheard saying that he had just recruited the two hottest chicks ... and he certainly wasn't referring to fingrabber, ww, or me! :birthday: ) :teeth:

#4 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 06 June 2005 - 08:54 AM

SeaSpace was great fun. It was great seeing everyone. I will try to have the pics up tonight at SeaSpace and the HH3.

#5 tdtexas

tdtexas

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:152 Bluewater, not counting lake/quarry dives

Posted 06 June 2005 - 06:52 PM

Hi all  :teeth: ,

The Sassy Rabbit was really selling the SD's concept at the show Sunday and I think she'll get a bunch of new people to join our group.  Way to go....

I think thou applieth WAY too much credit to my involvement.... it was definitely a tag team! It didn't hurt that we had a bunch of cute men in the booth (just ask tdtexas who I overheard saying that he had just recruited the two hottest chicks ... and he certainly wasn't referring to fingrabber, ww, or me! :dazzler: ) :birthday:

I do not acknowledge that remark -- that just does not sound in my nature. That would make me a "shallow diver" :(

Thanks for everyone who helped. I had a great time, tried to keep the dinner conversation on the upmost higher level :birthday: , and made some great new friends in the process. :birthday:

Many thanks again to Kamala, she is working way too hard & was glad to see so many people supporting the cause. :birthday:
Live Life To The Fullest, ARE YOU WITH ME!!!!!!!

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No, his mind is not for rent to any god or govement. Alway hopeful yet discontent. He knows changes are never permanent, but change is.

N. Peart

#6 Narwhal

Narwhal

Director of Training

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 07 June 2005 - 12:42 AM

Hi all  :hiya: ,

I think thou applieth WAY too much credit to my involvement.... it was definitely a tag team! It didn't hurt that we had a bunch of cute men in the booth (just ask tdtexas who I overheard saying that he had just recruited the two hottest chicks ... and he certainly wasn't referring to fingrabber, ww, or me! :P ) :D

I agree Sassy Rabbit was our hardest working, most enthuastic volunter at the show and we would not have been nearly the success we were without her. (She picked out a pretty cool place for a Mexican dinner too--you're right, those were the best corn tortillas I have ever tasted).

Fingrabber (Kim has developed into Kamala's left-hand woman--as opposed to a right-hand man), scubapunk (Another absolute jewel and hard worker-even got her son Jason involved--A very nice polite young man--and was always on the spot to promote, or to help in any way she could), tdtexas (Handy at attracting the ladies), platypusman(Our unofficial photog--post some of those pictures if you would), dustbowl diver (Another hard worker), chief (What can you say about a guy who lives in the Philippine Islands except--when can we come dive with you?), sudsymark (Enthuastic surporter of all that was SD), trimix2dive (A good roommate also, even if he snores a mite :D ), stingray1(Fun and eager), and drdiver (an SD staple)---I hope I didn't miss anybody---and oh Yeah!!, The Wench (Birthday girl). This is the group that made Seaspace a success. I heard nothing but good comments from my friends at the PADI booth about SD--"Dang, you guys are everywhere!!", Greg and the NAUI guys--"I've heard some good things about your group", and of course Ron Carlo and the SDI/TDI Dive-Rite people. I spent a good deal of time roaming the show and travel destination people would stop me when they saw my SD T-shirt and ask who they needed to talk to about getting us to book with them next time since they had heard good things about trips we had taken with a rival resort.

I would have to rate Seaspace a very positive success due to the positive image we have in the industry from my encounters, the large number of divers we had register in our booth, and the above enthuastic support we had from participating members. Well done!! Let's do it again next year!!
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."
Thomas Jefferson
"There is nothing more terrifying than ignorance in action."
Goethe
"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep, voting on what to eat for dinner; Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote."
Thomas Jefferson
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
H.L. Mencken:

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:10 AM

I wanted to thank everyone that helped in the booth...and I can't beleive how many of you there were! I tried to stay in the booth...or close by so that you could ask me a quick question or two...but as I did get away to talk to a vendor here or there...or to do my ScubaRadio interviews...I'd hear people say...you all must be 'huge'...I see people from your group everywhere.

We talked to some great new destination opportunities...Tabago...Cayman...Bahamas and more!

We will have a wonderful 2006 in store travel wise for you and finish 2005 with lots of surprises....such as 'Fish Flips'...we are now a supplier of these great fish id cards that you take with you diving! And 'Scuba Tunes'....the most incredible diving and Carribbean music you've heard...and thats just for a start!

Stay tuned for more....

And thanks to ALL our great members and volunteers! You made my birthday very special. Afterall...if you can't be diving on your birthday....then you should be spending it with diving friends! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#8 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:54 AM

We talked to some great new destination opportunities...Tabago...Cayman...Bahamas and more!

Did you talk to Ray from Tobago? He picked me up at the airport and dropped me off at the Wind Dancer. Said he was going to SeaSpace to promote Tobago.

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 07:21 AM

Did you talk to Ray from Tobago? He picked me up at the airport and dropped me off at the Wind Dancer. Said he was going to SeaSpace to promote Tobago.

Yes Ray AND Sean the owner of Manta Lodge & Tobago Dive Experinence who was even more accommodating!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#10 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:26 AM

By the way, WW...., who were the lucky winners of the door prizes at SeaSpace? I know there were at least two prizes to a local dive shop! Inquiring minds would like to know..... :welcome:

#11 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:41 AM

It was good seeing the ones I already knew and meeting a couple of others.
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 12:25 PM

Prizes will be drawn and announced shortly. Waiting on the names which are being typed up and the prizes to be delivered from ScubaToys so we can do the drawing and announce winners. -ww

formerly...

#13 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 07 June 2005 - 12:31 PM

trimix2dive (A good roommate also, even if he snores a mite )

A great great man once said, "let the one among you who is without ---, let he cast the first stone."

I was in fear that night that you were going to pull the acoustical effects off the ceiling.

:welcome:

Good time had by all, excluding the snoring duet - did anybody tape that?

#14 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 07 June 2005 - 12:32 PM

I just can't seem to get that quote thing down.

#15 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:09 PM

Edit

Edited by ScubaPunk, 08 June 2005 - 09:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users